No announcement yet.

My M60 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the compliments guys! Not sure on the blower cover yet. Heat shield is probably not a bad idea since I have no AC. I'm at a standstill now as I'm waiting on some brake line fittings to arrive. What engine mounts is everyone using? Any good alternatives to e39tds mounts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigpic'89 325i
    M60 swap in progress

Comment

If you've got the material do it. Shit's dope.

Word on the street is that garagistic makes mounts. ($200ish)

Just checked their site and holy shit they sell pre-modded headers for $300... fukken steal.

Comment

Yep, Garagistic is fuckin clutch! They are pretty much making the M60 swap a bolt on affair!
        Originally posted by 36brua
        Isn't that what these forums are all about making stuff easier... OO no never mind this is r3v...
        Patryk:up:
        Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 325is ///M-Tech II
        08 VW .:R32
        04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Originally posted by jalopi View Post
          If you've got the material do it. Shit's dope.

Word on the street is that garagistic makes mounts. ($200ish)

Just checked their site and holy shit they sell pre-modded headers for $300... fukken steal.

Yea I have the garagistic mount arms but I'm talking about the actual rubber. Apparently rev shift mounts go too low when they settle?
          And yea perfect timing on those pre modded headers. I'll definitely be picking up a set

sigpic'89 325i
          M60 swap in progress

Comment

Are the e30 style rubber mounts compatible with the engine combo and arms? If so, get some new OE rubbers. IMO the only thing stiff poly or delrin motor mounts do is turn your seats into permanent massage chairs... except not in an enjoyable way.

Poly/delrin trans mounts, on the other hand, I can get behind as those'll actually keep your engine/trans from bucking forward or backward. Side-to-side rocking isn't an issue with stock rubbers... at least it isn't for my car. As long as you're just doing a m60 and not going crazy like turboing it or something you'll be fine.

Comment

I just ordered up some e34 540i mounts for my car. From my reaserch a few people have used those with success. Are you planning on spacing your subframe?
              1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

To clear some confusion:

With our M6x arms you can use either e34 US 540i stock rubber motor mounts, or the tds mounts. What determines which one is the steering rack. The stock e30 steering rack is a smaller diameter then the e36/e46/etc. The TDS mount is about 3cm higher which gives the needed clearance for the bigger steering rack. Customers have spaced the US e34 540i rubber mounts to achieve the same thing.

CLIFF NOTES:

If you are using e36/e46/or any rack that is bigger in diameter in the stock e30 rack = e39 tds mounts, or space/shim e34 mounts up to move motor higher.

If you are using a stock e30 steering rack then stock e34 540i rubber mounts are fine (you dont need the tds ones).

Hope this helps!

(by the way those exhaust manifolds take us about a week to get made a and shipped out so keep that in mind when ordering! ;) )

Comment

My suggestion is do an e46 rack + shimmed e34 rubber mounts.

Quick steering with no 'twitchyness' and a car that doesn't turn into an uncomfortable vibrator every time you fire 'er up.

So do those manifolds include a full v-band 'kit' for each header? As in both flanges and the band bit?

Comment

My suggestion is do an e46 rack + shimmed e34 rubber mounts.

Quick steering with no 'twitchyness' and a car that doesn't turn into an uncomfortable vibrator every time you fire 'er up.

So do those manifolds include a full v-band 'kit' for each header? As in both flanges and the band bit?
                    Yes it does. Includes the v bands for both sides as well as the band itself. Everything needed to connect your exhaust to the exhaust manifolds.

Comment

Update: been doing some work fixing the cracks on my dash

sigpic'89 325i
                      M60 swap in progress

Comment

Guess it doesn't look bad... but imo it's hard to repair dash cracks and make it look good. If I wanted to repair my dash I'd fill the cracks and cover the whole thing in that 'rally fuzz'

Comment

Should have the brakes completely done and interior back together this weekend

sigpic'89 325i
                          M60 swap in progress

Comment

I know it's kinda late for this, but why not use two tees and use one reservoir? IMO that'd be cleaner. Regardless though, legit pedal setup.

Comment

I know it's kinda late for this, but why not use two tees and use one reservoir? IMO that'd be cleaner. Regardless though, legit pedal setup.
                              separate reservoirs gives better safety. If one is damaged/ drained the other systems still function in this pedal setup
                              My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

Looking good man, Its all downhill after the brakes are done!

Comment

Working...
                                X