X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good!

Comment

Originally posted by jalopi View Post
      Do yourself a favor - the next time you're planning on doing body work, buy some rage gold. It's about $45 from summit if you get the big can, which comes across as kind of expensive if you've never used it before. but trust me - after using bondo brand for a few jobs and trying out evercoat's rage I will never go back. sooooooooo ridiculously easy to sand.
      Does that mean it's softer than Bondo?

Comment

No idea. I think it may be a bit softer, but I read something on a body forum about how the compound they use in evercoat stuff is superior or something. All I know is that professional body guys use evercoat products, tis why I decided to try it out.

Comment

Originally posted by MJCRO View Post
          Looking good!
          Thanks! i hope mine turns out as good as yours
          thanks for the tip jalopi, ill give that stuff a try next time
          sigpic'89 325i
          M60 swap in progress

Comment

Got some primer down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            sigpic'89 325i
            M60 swap in progress

Comment

Looks a little orange in the picture but it's Fords "cardinal red"

sigpic'89 325i
              M60 swap in progress

Comment

Me putting the first layer of clear coat

sigpic'89 325i
                M60 swap in progress

Comment

All I need to do now is put the brake lines in, possibly get a z3 rack, put steering column and dashboard back in and then engine fitment

sigpic'89 325i
                  M60 swap in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Jack89i View Post

Holy shit, did you rattlecan that entire bay? If so, it looks surprisingly good. As far as rack options go, you might want to look into the e46 racks - they're only marginally slower than the z3 racks but are progressive, so they're not so twitchy. Just put a z3 rack in my car, hated how twitchy it was, returned the rack and bought an e46 unit. I really like how there's a 'dead zone' per se at the center of the racks' travel. Makes it much more stable imo.

Comment

Haha yep. Rattle can ftw! I was a little surprised too. I'll look into the e46 racks..thanks

sigpic'89 325i
                      M60 swap in progress

Comment

Starting to wrap things up with the engine bay. Still need to put the interior back together. Not looking forward to that..

sigpic'89 325i
                        M60 swap in progress

Comment

Went ahead and put the rest of the front together and got everything hooked up/wired. First time in 2 months you can actually tell what kind of car it is by looking at the front!
                          I'm really just putting off making all the custom brake lines..

sigpic'89 325i
                          M60 swap in progress

Comment

Looking good man. Gold heat shielding is pretty baller. Doing the same with the blower cover?

Comment

holy shit. Clean build.
                              E30 buildy things
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

Originally posted by jalopi View Post
                                No idea. I think it may be a bit softer, but I read something on a body forum about how the compound they use in evercoat stuff is superior or something. All I know is that professional body guys use evercoat products, tis why I decided to try it out.
                                I can vouch for that. I used to work for an auto parts and equipment supplier to garages, body shops, and dealerships. They all used rage. I've never used it myself, but popular opinion is certainly in its favor.

Comment

Working...
                                X