Comment

Originally posted by dirty30 View Post
      You're gonna love that shifter

I hope so...my budget sure didn't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      sigpic'89 325i
      M60 swap in progress

Comment

Does anyone know what the ports on this go to and what needs to be welded up?

sigpic'89 325i
        M60 swap in progress

Comment

What car did the engine come out of? I remember some of the seven series cars had water cooled alternators.

If you don't have access to cheap (or yourself) aluminum welding you can always pick up some bypass caps. Most parts stores can get you an assorted box for under $10. Dorman makes the kind I used on my car. Big ones are 3/4", next size down is 5/8.

Comment

Engine came from a 740 '94. Those caps look like a good solution. I know one of those ports is for cooling that autobox and I'm assuming some go to heater core.
            Got the flywheel mounted and cleaned up/painted the timing covers.

Ran into to a small hiccup when I was about to mount the clutch and PP

The pilot bearing is way to small for the trans input shaft..I guess I should order one for an e34 530i ?

sigpic'89 325i
            M60 swap in progress

Comment

Modified the throttle linkage and got the e34 cable in

sigpic'89 325i
              M60 swap in progress

Comment

Update:

Doing some cleaning and painting. Got the correct pilot bearing and mounted everything up

sigpic'89 325i
                M60 swap in progress

Comment

Moving quick and making me jealous.
                  1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Im just trying to make it to the vintage. How is yours coming?

These valve covers should give me at least 5 more hp to the wheels right?

sigpic'89 325i
                    M60 swap in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Jack89i View Post
                      These valve covers should give me at least 5 more hp to the wheels right?

5hp each. I swear, kids these days...

Seriously though they look good. Not sure how they're gonna look in the red engine bay but they look pretty kick ass on the block.

Comment

Thanks! Yea it might be a little too much red in the bay..I guess I'll find out.
                        Irrelevante30, the bolts were M10X1.5X 50mm. But the two on the top are different, smaller. I had these bolts laying around from my m20 trans I think

sigpic'89 325i
                        M60 swap in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Jack89i View Post
                          Im just trying to make it to the vintage. How is yours coming?
                          Your making great progress, should make it no problem. I've been caught up at work and lack the time to work on it. Still need to modify the oil pan. ;D
                          1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

So I guess the guys at the salvage yard did a compression test on the engine before they sold it because the plugs for cylinders 1 and 5 were missing. I guess they thought it was ok to pull the plugs out even though the wells around them were filled with water too..jackasses. I had to get a big syringe and some vinyl hose and suck it all out. On the bright side, the rings didn't let any by..

sigpic'89 325i
                            M60 swap in progress

Comment

just to be safe, before you crank it over for the first time i would remove all spark plugs. Then crank it over for a few seconds. This is a good, safe way of getting liquids out of the cylinders.

Comment

Originally posted by jalopi View Post
                                just to be safe, before you crank it over for the first time i would remove all spark plugs. Then crank it over for a few seconds. This is a good, safe way of getting liquids out of the cylinders.

Cool thanks for the tip. I guess it will just come out of the exhaust ports?

sigpic'89 325i
                                M60 swap in progress

Comment

Working...
                                X