Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shiboujin View Post
    That exhaust tuck is niiiice.

Fair warning. My trans mount failed after a year or two. The design isn't great.
    This applies to basically all the mounts that the BMW aftermarket community produces.

Comment

That might be true. I only have my own experiences that I can talk to.

Comment

mine failed too, now i use the mustang one now https://lmr.com/item/PT-61608BL/79-9...sion-Mount-T56
        We're out there in here.

Comment

What is the rear end setup?? It looks like a different subframe or possibly a new crossbar to support the diff?

Comment

Same subframe, just a crossbar welded in to support both ears of the diff and provide some extra rigidity to the rear part of the chassis.

Was worried the extra power would literally rip the diff off the trunk floor, so I basically did the same thing vorshlag did for their car.
            Last edited by CLM21; 03-06-2020, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Just FYI on the trans bushing failure, I'm sure some of you have brought this to Sikky cause James is aware of the issue and Sikky is redesigning their future trans mounts but they're not ready yet. Here's what they said:

The bushing part itself is glued and semi-captured into a metal bracket. In the past they've dealt with a couple failures where the bushing started to separate. However, Sikky has started to redesign the bushing to a full-captured bushing design, but it's still in the production queue, and has not been tested further than design.

Comment

Originally posted by CLM21 View Post
                Same subframe, just a crossbar welded in to support both ears of the diff and provide some extra rigidity to the rear part of the chassis.

Was worried the extra power would literally rip the diff off the trunk floor, so I basically did the same thing vorshlag did for their car.
                Is this what you are referring to: https://www.vorshlag.com/forums/foru...ement-fab-work

Comment

Originally posted by jbontke View Post

Is this what you are referring to: https://www.vorshlag.com/forums/foru...ement-fab-work
                  Different car but they did basically the same thing for that z3. I got the idea from the $2010 GRM challenge car vorshlag built, where they threw an ls1 in an e30:

Comment

Made ~550/540 to the wheels
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Dyno Chart.png
Views:	254
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	9914746
                    Last edited by CLM21; 04-02-2020, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Anyone know how to embed a youtube video? Should be super straightforward but its not working...

Comment

Originally posted by CLM21 View Post
                        Anyone know how to embed a youtube video? Should be super straightforward but its not working...
                        it no worky worky
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd
                        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

bummer

Comment

Welp, she's finally up and running. Few videos of the exhaust note:

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Issue I'm already running into -

Had to run a smaller radiator than intended because of the limited space on the front end. There's also pretty miserable airflow through the front end of an e30. I'm already running into cooling issues while idling for awhile in Florida heat.
                            To combat this, swapping to a 160 thermostat, and likely going with a tubular front end so I can jam in a bigger radiator with some pusher and puller fans.

Car currently spins at about half throttle all the way through first and second gears with some sticky 285s out back. This isn't what I built the car for, but I'm throwing some slicks on it and taking it to the quarter mile this Thursday... curious what it'll run but fingers crossed I don't break anything if it actually winds up hooking.

Comment

Man it sounds amazing! I feel you on the cooling issues. LS's are notorious for being a bitch to bleed so maybe try bleeding it again just to be sure but I do have to run two 10" pullers on mine to cool it.
                              1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
                              COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

Thanks man. Unfortunately I don't think bleeding is the issue. It ran fine up north but as soon as I brought it down to the Florida summer, it started having cooling issues. I kinda wanted to do a tubular front end anyways, so thats what I'll probably end up doing.

Comment

Working...
                                X