No announcement yet.

regular old m60 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ever sort that oil filter housing issue?
    Originally posted by ebelements
    Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

Originally posted by sticksdaman View Post
      ever sort that oil filter housing issue?
      havent even tried yet. should have grabbed some e38 oil lines, as i think they are a little longer, so i wouldve had some more play room. no way am i driving all the way back to san antonio though.

Comment

Originally posted by dothadance View Post
        havent even tried yet. should have grabbed some e38 oil lines, as i think they are a little longer, so i wouldve had some more play room. no way am i driving all the way back to san antonio though.
        if i had more time, i would go to my local pick n pull and grab some oil lines from one of the seven e38s there and send it to you.
        sigpic
        The "Because Race Car" M60 V8 Build Thread
        On Instagram Straight Flexin' #BecauseRaceCar

Comment

my suspicions are correct! can just make brackets to move the filter housing over http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...&postcount=136

Comment

Originally posted by ncrmtrsprtsE30 View Post
            if i had more time, i would go to my local pick n pull and grab some oil lines from one of the seven e38s there and send it to you.
            hahaha holy shit! no worries man, i appreciate it though!

Comment

Compression numbers good across the board!

Comment

Water pump and thermostat mounted. Need to take a BFH to my firewall to fit my rear coolant pipe.

injectors came back from being rebuilt!

So glad I decided to do this because two of my injectors were dead. Nothing better than putting in all this work swapping in a v8 for only 6 cylinders to fire, HA! Highly recommend MEPEH, great customer service and he gave me a killer deal on some good injectors

Comment

Originally posted by 36brua View Post
                  union coupling in lower rt corner of pic

Why the brake pressure attenuator? Can you not use the bias adjuster on the wilwood pedals?

Made a new steering shaft today as well.

duct tape is currently holding it together for mock up purposes only. Shits pretty sturdy tho.....
                  No rubber disk thingie, is this for exhaust manifold clearance or another reason? Is there a benefit to removing the flex disc that came on the E30?

And I got my pan back!

she's a beauty!
                  Why modify the pan? Sorry for the noob question, but I thought the motor fits without needing to modify the pan.
                  My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                    Why the brake pressure attenuator? Can you not use the bias adjuster on the wilwood pedals?

No rubber disk thingie, is this for exhaust manifold clearance or another reason? Is there a benefit to removing the flex disc that came on the E30?

Why modify the pan? Sorry for the noob question, but I thought the motor fits without needing to modify the pan.
                    Not sure what you mean.. The new shaft is pretty much a necessity there's probably a half inch or so of space between the manifold and steering shaft. Answered the oil pan question previously, and it has been covered in multiple threads.

Comment

[QUOTE=Eric;4557122]Why the brake pressure attenuator? Can you not use the bias adjuster on the wilwood pedal

That brake set up is on my car. Car has both wilwood bias valve as in pic and remote cable to bias bar located on pedal assy. The bias bar is next to lmpossible to manually adjust once installed with out remote cable
                      The valve and remote cable allow f/r brake proportioning. The stk E30 rear proportioning valve was removed
                      So valve for rough f/r set . fine set with cable/knob.
                      Will also make any brake upgrades easier to dial in
                      My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

injectors came back from being rebuilt!

So glad I decided to do this because two of my injectors were dead. Nothing better than putting in all this work swapping in a v8 for only 6 cylinders to fire, HA! Highly recommend MEPEH, great customer service and he gave me a killer deal on some good injectors
                        Thanks for mentioned these guys, looks like an awesome deal I might have to do the same.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                        Transaction feedback
                        - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                          Thanks for mentioned these guys, looks like an awesome deal I might have to do the same.
                          Highly recommend. Wouldn't hesitate for a second to do it again.

Comment

Current project while my money slowly finds it's way into my bank account.

Comment

old knock sensors lmao.

That being said I was sent 3 correct of 4 sensors

Comment

The last one was a 3 pin sensor? That's annoying! Who did you order from?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                                Transaction feedback
                                - jpod999

Comment

Working...
                                X