Comment

Nice job.
      Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
      Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
      Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

and now the benefits of buying a whole car manifest. the wiring harness isnt so terrible, but it would've been significantly easier had i gotten the motor and harness together.

Comment

Originally posted by dothadance View Post
          and now the benefits of buying a whole car manifest. the wiring harness isnt so terrible, but it would've been significantly easier had i gotten the motor and harness together.
          How so?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
          Transaction feedback
          - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
            How so?
            It just would have been easier to have everything labelled. I have it like 90% figured out, it just took some time making sure everything was right.

Comment

Originally posted by dothadance View Post
              It just would have been easier to have everything labelled. I have it like 90% figured out, it just took some time making sure everything was right.
              Ahh yes, that would definitely make it easier. I've been going through mine and labeling the connectors as I've been figuring out my X20-C101 adapter. Just out of curiosity, does your harness have the small black/green starter wire going up to a ring terminal like was talked about in the v8 adapter thread also?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
              Transaction feedback
              - jpod999

Comment

Ahh yes, that would definitely make it easier. I've been going through mine and labeling the connectors as I've been figuring out my X20-C101 adapter. Just out of curiosity, does your harness have the small black/green starter wire going up to a ring terminal like was talked about in the v8 adapter thread also?
                Idk I haven't seen it. Seems like there aren't any wires that go down to my starter.

Comment

Let me know how your other wiring goes, I just got mine in and trying to troube shoot with little help :-\. Although I have a the hard route which is figuring out whats what on a 840i which as 2 inputs for the x20 style connector. Making me pull my hair out!

Comment

Looks like it's out of an automatic as well? Spend some time with the ETM and you will figure it out. Take your time!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                    Transaction feedback
                    - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by csm-e30 View Post
                      Let me know how your other wiring goes, I just got mine in and trying to troube shoot with little help :-\. Although I have a the hard route which is figuring out whats what on a 840i which as 2 inputs for the x20 style connector. Making me pull my hair out!
                      damn that's rough. the plugs are pretty self explanatory once you slap it on the motor, save for a few that are no longer in use (or have never been used)

Comment

Looks like it's out of an automatic as well? Spend some time with the ETM and you will figure it out. Take your time!
                        yeah it's an auto harness. still kicking myself for missing out on the manual harness from the junkyard from when i pulled my transmission. would've saved me a lot of money/time/effort. who the fuck rips into a harness like that? the thing was destroyed.

Comment

Wtf is my problem here? Shitty intake boot or wrong throttle body? For some reason my tb doesn't have a part number on it

The angle of the boot when fully installed seems a little ridiculous. Or maybe it's just me... Idk.

Comment

Fucked intake part 2. Wtf is my problem? Lmao.

Comment

That just looks like the wrong part. What car was the boot from ?

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
                              Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                              Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                              Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
                                That just looks like the wrong part. What car was the boot from ?

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
                                Bought the boot new. For a 95 540 part # 13711747995. Would it matter if my throttle body came with traction control and the boot is for non asct engines? Not sure if my engine originally came with it but I cant think of any other reason...?

Comment

Working...
                                X