Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reyhan335 View Post
    Lol then don't read it.

I think he meant that he enjoyed reading it whilst pooping.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
    Transaction feedback
    - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
      I think he meant that he enjoyed reading it whilst pooping.

Haha if so then carry on!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      e30Ls1 Swap IG: 1dirty30

Comment

Alright, so machine shop called me. He's been way behind. And is really slow. But honestly its okay. I needed time to save money and pay off credit cards.

He called and said that my piston rods were bent. This motor has been fucked from the get go. They also needed the pistons to be flycutted. So i went ahead and told him to go ahead and order some forged pistons and rods with the flycut already in it. Its gonna set me back around $1100 just for parts. But it's okay. Rather have it done right then half ass it. Tomorrow I'll go by and give him the money to order that. Hopefully itll come quick and we can get it back and get it back in the car. (I'm really tired of paying storage unit fees )

Also i ordered a set of startecs. I'm debating on going with Square headlights or putting halos in it. But I'll worry about that later.

My girl also bought be a tool box for New Years so i finally got an organized shop now. Ill drop a picture in a second of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

To celebrate the new tool box I bought a 300+ price craftsman kit for it. Also bought a snap on impact that I bought from a friend

The reason I write every detail in this post isn't for you guys. But it's for me when I get older. In 10-20 years whenever I look at this thread I'll be able to read how much of a pain in my ass it's been. Also wanted to say thank you for subscribing and following my thread. Y'all are awesome. Hopefully I'll have the motor back by the end of the month.

Comment

Alright, so machine shop called me. He's been way behind. And is really slow. But honestly its okay. I needed time to save money and pay off credit cards.

He called and said that my piston rods were bent. This motor has been fucked from the get go. They also needed the pistons to be flycutted. So i went ahead and told him to go ahead and order some forged pistons and rods with the flycut already in it. Its gonna set me back around $1100 just for parts. But it's okay. Rather have it done right then half ass it. Tomorrow I'll go by and give him the money to order that. Hopefully itll come quick and we can get it back and get it back in the car. (I'm really tired of paying storage unit fees )

Also i ordered a set of startecs. I'm debating on going with Square headlights or putting halos in it. But I'll worry about that later.

My girl also bought be a tool box for New Years so i finally got an organized shop now. Ill drop a picture in a second of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            As far as headlights...dont do either...go with Euro Smilies. Square headlights on a E30 make it look like a Chevy Cavalier....[emoji90] Angel eyes look retarded on a E30 IMO. I think the Euro smilies would complement your startecs very well.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
            sigpic
            Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Poorboyz View Post
              As far as headlights...dont do either...go with Euro Smilies. Square headlights on a E30 make it look like a Chevy Cavalier....[emoji90] Angel eyes look retarded on a E30 IMO. I think the Euro smilies would complement your startecs very well.

I never liked the euro smileys. Most of my friends have them. I love the square headlights. I just like being different I guess. But I'm not worrying about appearance. No money for it anyways. I didn't think I'd need new pistons and so on.

Comment

Did you bend them when you kissed the valve? If not I thought you sent it to a machine shop the first time when you found out it was a mess?
                1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
                COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

Originally posted by Pootis View Post
                  Did you bend them when you kissed the valve? If not I thought you sent it to a machine shop the first time when you found out it was a mess?

He said a couple were bent. And the first time I only gave him the block and heads. So he could clean them up. Then I put everything back in.

Comment

He said a couple were bent. And the first time I only gave him the block and heads. So he could clean them up. Then I put everything back in.

They were probably bent to begin with cause you only hand spun the engine after you put it back together right?

sigpic

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

They were probably bent to begin with cause you only hand spun the engine after you put it back together right?

Yeah only hand Spun it.

It's a good thing I didn't try to rebuild it again. I would've never thought about rods being bent.

Comment

Yeah only hand Spun it.

It's a good thing I didn't try to rebuild it again. I would've never thought about rods being bent.

That guy screwed you on that engine man, that sucks.

sigpic

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

That guy screwed you on that engine man, that sucks.

Yeah. I know.... It sucks man. All this money I couldve bought an ls2 or 6 crate.

Comment

I was going to suggest a sticky for this thread, but it's not even needed. Every time I come to check in on it, it's at the top and there's even more gold.

Your tires are going to dry rot.

Comment

Originally posted by JCarp90 View Post
                              I was going to suggest a sticky for this thread, but it's not even needed. Every time I come to check in on it, it's at the top and there's even more gold.

Your tires are going to dry rot.

What do you mean sticky for the thread?

Comment

What do you mean sticky for the thread?

So it's easier to find. But it's actually always right at the top.

Comment

Working...
                                X