No announcement yet.

91 318is/ LS Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice! What's the going rate for you of those? Did you get locally or buy it from ebay?
    1990 325is
    m52b28
    3.73lsd
    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

I got it locally, this is actually the second one I picked up this weekend. The first one wasn’t any good and the salvage yard I got it from gave me a refund. This one was $900 with 168k miles, the first one was $750 but was in a rollover and they didn’t know how many miles it had. The L33 is hard to find because it was only in Silverados and Sierras crew cabs from 05-07. They were marketed as the “high output Vortec”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tubesock View Post
        I got it locally, this is actually the second one I picked up this weekend. The first one wasn’t any good and the salvage yard I got it from gave me a refund. This one was $900 with 168k miles, the first one was $750 but was in a rollover and they didn’t know how many miles it had. The L33 is hard to find because it was only in Silverados and Sierras crew cabs from 05-07. They were marketed as the “high output Vortec”.

That's a good price.
        sigpic

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=420591 5.3 LSA build in progress :devil:

Comment

That's pretty good. I went to eBay after I had asked and seen most at about $1500 to $1900.
          1990 325is
          m52b28
          3.73lsd
          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

That's really good for an AL block engine, considering how much a true LS costs. People spend close to that much on LM7s and call it an LS swap

IG @turbovarg
            '91 318is, M20 turbo
            [CoTM: 4-18]
            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
            - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
              That's really good for an AL block engine, considering how much a true LS costs. People spend close to that much on LM7s and call it an LS swap

The iron blocks are going for around $750 at the salvage yard and $350 at the pull a parts but good luck getting to one of those before someone pulls it. I went to a pull a part that had a Silverado there for less than a week and the engine and trans was already gone. I knew from the start I wanted an L33 because of the aluminum block, 799 heads, and cost compared to an LS1/2/3.

Comment

I knew from the start I wanted an L33 because of the aluminum block, 799 heads, and cost compared to an LS1/2/3.

Same reason I went with the LC9, 799 heads, aluminum block, and price.
                Last edited by Supadave; 02-20-2019, 10:40 AM. Reason: typo
                sigpic

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=420591 5.3 LSA build in progress :devil:

Comment

I’d put the largest cam you can fit with stock PTV clearance.

-Nick

Comment

So far the engine is looking good. Oil is clean, no metal, and only one broken off exhaust bolt. Only issue so far is found water in the driver side head, figured out the oil fill neck had a crack in it. Ordered LS2 water and power steering pumps, sloppy stage 2 cam, and PAC 1218 valve springs.

Comment

So far the engine is looking good. Oil is clean, no metal, and only one broken off exhaust bolt. Only issue so far is found water in the driver side head, figured out the oil fill neck had a crack in it. Ordered LS2 water and power steering pumps, sloppy stage 2 cam, and PAC 1218 valve springs.

What intake manifold are you going with?
                      sigpic

Comment

I’m still on the hunt but looking for an LS2 intake.

Comment

Keep your eyes open for an LS6 intake too!

-Nick

Comment

Why an LS2? Unless you are getting it ported they flow horribly
                            1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
                            COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

Agreed, LS6 is the way to go.
                              sigpic

Comment

I was under the impression the LS6 manifold had a different bolt pattern for the throttle body that won’t work with the drive by cable.

Comment

Working...
                                X