Airbag car auto to manual pedal swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
    Yes, it's a direct swap. I put the pedals out of a 86 into my 92.
    That's what I thought, just wanted to confirm. Thanks Jason!
    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

You know maybe someone has an answer here, I did the same thing as a lot of others in the thread, left the pedal box stuff alone and just swapped out the pedals but for some reason my foot always hits the "dead pedal" when you go to depress the clutch. I'm wondering if I stacked the spacers incorrectly or something and the clutch pedal is a little too far over. Another thing I noticed is really late model e30s (like 93' and some late 92' model convertibles) have a little bit different looking dead pedal when compared to other late models.

My pedals were removed from a late model 318iS and installed in a 325i. RealOEM shows the 318iS pedal assembly is a different part number in comparison to the 325i.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
      1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
      1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
      1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
      1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
      1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
      Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
      1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
      1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
        That's what I thought, just wanted to confirm. Thanks Jason!
        Need to add that the switch for the brake lights did not work with the older pedals. I had to attach a shim/spacer on the brake pedal for the switch to make contact with it.

1992 BMW 325iC
        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Getting ready to start buying parts so I can get mine done this year. So it's best just to swap out the pedal assembly.
          sigpic

Comment

Seems to be some conflicting info but like a few others, I left my air bag pedal box alone and just swapped in new pedals.

Originally posted by KIRIEIW View Post
            You know maybe someone has an answer here, I did the same thing as a lot of others in the thread, left the pedal box stuff alone and just swapped out the pedals but for some reason my foot always hits the "dead pedal" when you go to depress the clutch. I'm wondering if I stacked the spacers incorrectly or something and the clutch pedal is a little too far over. Another thing I noticed is really late model e30s (like 93' and some late 92' model convertibles) have a little bit different looking dead pedal when compared to other late models.
            That's interesting, I have the same issue depending on the shoes I wear. It's pretty tight but I just assumed that's the way it is. I've literally only driven manual swapped E30s at this point?
            Thank god, R3V was getting boring since the ginger kid wrecked his car. - Stonea

Comment

Pedal box

I’m trying to put the clutch pedal on but it rubs very aggressive on the wires to the left of it. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? I really don’t want to cut the firewall and shift over the wires

Comment

wires must be routed wrong. the harnesses are pretty much identical, there shouldn't be anything rubbing.

I bet some of the plastic clips that hold the wiring under the dash are missing or broken, or just unclipped.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                X