No announcement yet.

E30 m3 ls1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just stumbled into this thread, this build looks like the kind of frame off ground up resto done on classic muscle cars, and it's got the v8 to boot! Badass.
    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Looks like a sick build. Do you have pics of the interior?

Comment

I also just stumbled onto this thread. I commend you on doing everything right the first time without short cuts. I will be referring to this build soon.

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

I do. Ive just been lazy. I just ripped out the motor.

We added

TSP Cam w/ pushrods
            799 Heads w/ valve springs and a trunnion upgrade
            Ls6 Valley Cover w/ pcv delete.
            Ls7 lifters
            Upgraded oil pump
            Upgraded Timing Chain
            Ls6 Intake
            40lb injectors

Its getting a dyno tune on the 7th. We are hoping for around 385 rwhp. After reinstalling the motor we noticed home much room we had on the passenger side of the motor. Soooo...now Im collecting parts to add a turbo. I'm thinking a 70 series wheel with a.96 hot side. We are going to run truck manifolds and fabricate the crossover tube and downpipe. 550 rwhp should be fairly easy with about 5-6 psi which shouldn't be a problem for my fuel system.

As far as the outside I added a evo rear spoiler with the DTM large flap and a front splitter.

I'll add pics soon.

Comment

boost yes!!!

Comment

V8s respond well to a single turbo?
                I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Awesome build, did you get it vinyl wrapped? Please post some updated pics
                  "i love vee tek, its a wonderful sound when you driving right by it"

If you bought anything from me, please leave a feedback here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ghlight=drulle

Comment

Originally posted by markseven View Post
                    V8s respond well to a single turbo?
                    Very much so.

Comment

Very nice! on a similar path with my e30 m shell, though you are much further along than I. I'm a big believer in the value of the LS powerplant, terrific engine in so many ways. Unfortunately my budget has relegated me to an m60b44 hybrid build, but this is great stuff you're doing! The prices asked for and attitudes of s14 purists are so off-putting, I hope they choke on your tire smoke. Bigger sway/ anti-roll bars and a little suspension tuning will put you right back into the handling sweetspot that the car was born with. kickass!!!

Comment

Check this one out.

Smokey's Dyno & Performance Shop performed a LS 3 swap into a E30 BMW. Watch as they go for their first goal of 600 horsepower at the wheels and listen about...

Comment

Originally posted by LSM3 View Post
                          I do. Ive just been lazy. I just ripped out the motor.

We added

TSP Cam w/ pushrods
                          799 Heads w/ valve springs and a trunnion upgrade
                          Ls6 Valley Cover w/ pcv delete.
                          Ls7 lifters
                          Upgraded oil pump
                          Upgraded Timing Chain
                          Ls6 Intake
                          40lb injectors

Its getting a dyno tune on the 7th. We are hoping for around 385 rwhp. After reinstalling the motor we noticed home much room we had on the passenger side of the motor. Soooo...now Im collecting parts to add a turbo. I'm thinking a 70 series wheel with a.96 hot side. We are going to run truck manifolds and fabricate the crossover tube and downpipe. 550 rwhp should be fairly easy with about 5-6 psi which shouldn't be a problem for my fuel system.

As far as the outside I added a evo rear spoiler with the DTM large flap and a front splitter.

I'll add pics soon.
                          you should checkout the on3 70 series turbos. Might be made in china but for the price and performance you can't beat them. many guys over on ls1tech are pushing 700hp+ with the 76 series with the 1.05 hot side (10k plus miles on them). I'm going to play with one on my setup. I have a 60mm Garrett but I think that's going to be to small for this motor (5.3L), and for the price it's cheaper to buy a new one if it craps then to rebuild say a precision turbo ect.
                          sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Already decided on the Turbonetics 7868. It's a 78 wheel in a 68 compressor housing. It spools quicker but the max HP is reduced. Going with a .96 hot side. I'm using modified truck manifolds and TIAL waste gate/purge valves. There is no room to run an intercooler without modding the chassis or plastics which from the get go was a no no with this project. That being said I will be using meth injection to bring the IAT's down and to keep the stock short block together. Being that I'm going to be pushing less than 10lbs I think it will be safe. This thing is scary fast already so I have no idea what's going to happen with another 150-200 rwhp. I would guess mid 10's in the 140 mph on the touring car suspension. Lol

Comment

Pics!

Comment

Originally posted by LSM3 View Post
                                Already decided on the Turbonetics 7868. It's a 78 wheel in a 68 compressor housing. It spools quicker but the max HP is reduced. Going with a .96 hot side. I'm using modified truck manifolds and TIAL waste gate/purge valves. There is no room to run an intercooler without modding the chassis or plastics which from the get go was a no no with this project. That being said I will be using meth injection to bring the IAT's down and to keep the stock short block together. Being that I'm going to be pushing less than 10lbs I think it will be safe. This thing is scary fast already so I have no idea what's going to happen with another 150-200 rwhp. I would guess mid 10's in the 140 mph on the touring car suspension. Lol
                                I am going to follow the same path on the meth kit, maybe try and see if I could put a small air to water intercooler in the loop somewhere. Something like this possibly:

I've seen many guys run e85 and meth and have extremely low AIT temps for a turbo, not sure if e85 is an option for your area though.
                                sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Working...
                                X