Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ditto

Originally posted by AC_Schnitzel View Post
    Congratulations. Iím so happy for you. This has been the best build thread on any Internet forum Iíve ever read.

What are your plans for the car now?
    Hands down the best!

Comment

Which a/c compressor were you trying to install with the newer style bracket? I just ordered one so I can install a later style Seiko compressor from an 91 325i. This bracket also fits the M10B18 block for 84 318i.

Comment

Hard to believe its been 5 years, I remember when you picked this up. Things sure escalated from your initial plans, and in the best way.

Enjoy the car man, you deserve it. Thank you for documenting everything so beautifully. It will come in handy for many people in the future.
        Current:
        1989 325i
        1988 M3
        1987 325ic
        Past:
        2001 330ci
        2001 M3

Comment

Originally posted by alpinewhite318i View Post
          Which a/c compressor were you trying to install with the newer style bracket? I just ordered one so I can install a later style Seiko compressor from an 91 325i. This bracket also fits the M10B18 block for 84 318i.
          I hate to say it but don’t bother with that new style compressor bracket. Even if you can get the AC lines to line up (which is a job) the top mount is too flimsy. When you tighten the belt down, it shifts the compressor pulley slightly out of alignment and starts to shred the belt. Hard to believe this is actually a BMW part

I finally gave up on it and have gone back to the original AC compressor, which i sent off to be rebuilt (just got it back). Will share more info on that shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by jhaurimn View Post
            Hard to believe its been 5 years, I remember when you picked this up. Things sure escalated from your initial plans, and in the best way.

Enjoy the car man, you deserve it. Thank you for documenting everything so beautifully. It will come in handy for many people in the future.
            Thanks brother. You going to be at the Vintage next year?

Comment

Yes I finally received the newer style compressor bracket via special order Germany. I have been hearing a lot of bad things bad using it, doesn't sound promising! Where did you sent out your compressor to be rebuilt? I might just end up using the old one, it still works but it's loud and causing vibrations!

Comment

First off - WOW what is this new hotness on r3vís redesign? Looks awesome!

On this:

Originally posted by alpinewhite318i View Post
                Yes I finally received the newer style compressor bracket via special order Germany. I have been hearing a lot of bad things bad using it, doesn't sound promising! Where did you sent out your compressor to be rebuilt? I might just end up using the old one, it still works but it's loud and causing vibrations!
                The new style bracket is trash. I hate to say it but it is. It would need extensive fab work to make it solid. I used a gentleman named Jay Stratton from California - he is very straightforward and hones. Would highly recommend. Hereís his site: http://bigcoupe.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=28245

The carís fender is finally fixed (will upload pics shortly). It is getting clear bra on the hood and new fender, ceramic on the glass, a couple other goodies, then should be home this week

Comment

Oh I just purchased some a/c compressor parts from him, he shipped it out quickly!

Comment

The electric rad fan from eBay, was this a used item , or ... ?
                    Oh, and the fuse box decals, are they for sale ?
                    Thanks
                    Last edited by BMG; 09-18-2019, 01:55 AM.

Comment

RE: BMW AC Retrofit bracket.

I ordered 5 of these. All of them were warped and didn't set flush on the block.

I think Blunt is in the works of a bracket for use on an updated compressor.

I maybe going down Jay Stratton route if blunt doesn't get these wrapped up.
                      sigpic
                      1999 BMW 318Ti/M Hellrot Msport DD/Fun car
                      1/2 1987 BMW 325is/M Future Spec e30 (track prep'd)
                      1994 530It/A Alpinewise III Traded out
                      1988 BMW 325ix/M Diamond Schwartz Recently sold :/
                      1986 BMW 325e/m Bronzit Beige Metallic

Get Involved!
                      www.bluegrassbimmers.org
                      OKI BMW Facebook group

BMWCCA Member# 436428

ZAKSPEED
                      Quality BMW service "street, track, race"?
                      Email: Zach Ketring @ Zach@Zakspeed.us

Comment

We were in the Stella E30 at the Champ car NCM event watching your alls car burn :(

Glad you all are getting it rolling again.

It was cool seeing the M3 at vintage!
                        sigpic
                        1999 BMW 318Ti/M Hellrot Msport DD/Fun car
                        1/2 1987 BMW 325is/M Future Spec e30 (track prep'd)
                        1994 530It/A Alpinewise III Traded out
                        1988 BMW 325ix/M Diamond Schwartz Recently sold :/
                        1986 BMW 325e/m Bronzit Beige Metallic

Get Involved!
                        www.bluegrassbimmers.org
                        OKI BMW Facebook group

BMWCCA Member# 436428

ZAKSPEED
                        Quality BMW service "street, track, race"?
                        Email: Zach Ketring @ Zach@Zakspeed.us

Comment

Working...
                        X