X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aptyp
    replied
    yup, I ran into exactly the same issue as you did, that's why this thread is here.

Leave a comment:

• HellzMindPlaya
    replied
    Need to learn to read the whole damn thing!

I tried, and learned the hard way to listen to peolpe who know what the hell they are talking about... Now to buy some wheel bearings and other items needed.

Should look nice when done I hope.

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied
    put content into HTML format and threw it on my site

http://www.torque-bound.com/5-lug.html

thought it be easier to keep up with for me and keep it more organized.

Leave a comment:

• z31maniac
    replied
    One of the guys on Grassroots Motorsports is using them on his E30 racecar, he said they worked out great for him?

I've exchanged a ton of emails with him on E30 suspension stuff, including his super nice adjustable rear trailing arms and such. If I can remember his website/business I'll direct you that way.

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied
    thanks, teaguer, I was thinking the same thing, that's why I didn't want to comment on it.

Leave a comment:

• Teaguer
    replied
    Originally posted by bimmer630 View Post
    can you post a link to those strut housings? i cannot find them on the GC site
    Heres a link to the e36 housings that use e30 inserts : http://www.ground-control-store.com/...ion.php/II=812

Although from what I've read before they do not really correct the caster isue like Z31Maniac suggests.
    I've always thought if they offset the mounts where the spindle bolts on it would be cool and could correct the caster.
    But I don't believe this is the case.

Leave a comment:

• bimmer630
    replied
    Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
    You should add that if you are planning on going 5 lug with coilovers, for just a few hundred more than the E30 GC kit, Ground Control builds a set of custom strut housings to get some more caster back. You still have to use 96+ M3 control arms and offset CABs, but the caster is where it should be vs close.

can you post a link to those strut housings? i cannot find them on the GC site

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied
    thanks man, had some people PM me with questions, and I had to point them to this thread.

I saw a post by someone who's done this swap that m3 spindles fix front caster problem. I installed m3 control arms in, and my caster issue only fixed very little. It still rubs on full lock turns, but caster isn't perfect. I will try to find m3 spindles and install them, I'll make sure to document that, so everyone can see it.

Leave a comment:

• Miasma
    replied
    Great writeup!

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied
    Let's wait and see someone use them first. I keep hearing about it, but I am yet to see the result.

I still haven't installed my e36 m3 control arms, been very lazy, so my caster is still off.

Leave a comment:

• z31maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
    added front stuff to OP, I'll have to add pics eventually.
    You should add that if you are planning on going 5 lug with coilovers, for just a few hundred more than the E30 GC kit, Ground Control builds a set of custom strut housings to get some more caster back. You still have to use 96+ M3 control arms and offset CABs, but the caster is where it should be vs close.

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied
    added front stuff to OP, I'll have to add pics eventually.

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied
    Alright, alright, since I'm up, I'm jumping on that right now.

Leave a comment:

• 240zs30
    replied
    Subscribed! Great work on this. Any news on the front?

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied
    My front is coming up soon. Haven't written up much lately.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X