X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aptyp
    replied
    so I got a set of 4 DSII wheels from e36 m3. All in 17x7.5. Hope car will look good on them when I mount them.

:???: Very high chance I'll be selling them, as I think they'll add to the chaos of my car's looks, and I'd like something simpler. But who knows, right?

Leave a comment:

• Holland
    replied
    Originally posted by atomic View Post
    Here are the wheels on a 5 lugged e30 m3 suspension car...

Now add another 18mm (0.70866 inches, almost 3/4") to the outside of the wheels to get a close idea what your looking at...

;)
    I'm looking to do exactly this on my early model with those wheels. So I need the E30 M3 setup? I was going to ask if E38 brakes were compatable but it seems that the E32 ones will be fine. suspension wise for coilovers would I be using E36 or E30 components? If I am using the early trailing arms.

Leave a comment:

• THATDONFC
    replied
    so all I would need is the z3 hub?

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied
    Originally posted by THATDONFC View Post
    You figures out that a z3 hub fits on e30 trailing arm in the rear? Same spindle size?
    that's what the first post is all about... give it a read. ;)

Leave a comment:

• THATDONFC
    replied
    You figures out that a z3 hub fits on e30 trailing arm in the rear? Same spindle size?

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied
    true, but I'll be running e36 bottle caps for that classic look :-P

Leave a comment:

• bimmer_adam69
    replied
    true BUT...then i cant run style 5's in the front. and their the only set of wheels i have/can afford to put on my car.

and i think they look amazing from what ive seen

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied
    ^correct

BUT, if you use e36 spindles, you can use e36 and e46 brakes.

Leave a comment:

• bimmer_adam69
    replied
    wow, ok an epiphiny. haha i cant run e36 m3 front struts with 20mm offset wheel cause thier still a 40+ offset setup!

damn! so e30 m3 everything.....kinda sucks e30 m3 front brakes are only
    20mm larger diameter and 2 mm thicker...and am i right when i say no other stock bmw brakes fit the e30 m3 front struts??

hmmm :(

must build 5 lug for staggered style 5's:hitler:

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied
    haven't seen it yet, but I would wonder if ball joints were designed to same lengths.

I'll line up a used one when I do my front.

PS: Charlie, I have a second set of front bolts, so we won't have to go looking for any.

Leave a comment:

• asubimmer
    replied
    Art I have some homework for you. I heard wind of the aluminum e46 control arms being used w/ the TRE CAB's to push the front wheels out a little further, without using spacers. The advantage to that would obv be not having your wheels swing as far when turning like if you used spacers or lower offset.

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied
    rewrapped my rear ABS sensors today and stuck them back in. Finally my brake feel like brakes.

Garage has been completely cleaned out, time to do front swap.

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied
    Originally posted by JUMPNYC View Post
    31-12-2-228-461
    31-12-2-228-462
    These are right part numbers, and yes, you want to use e36 m3 front strut housings if you plan on reusing your springs.

Leave a comment:

• RobE30
    replied
    just to clarify the pics I posted are NOT of my car. It is Daniel's car. I was just using it to show that lower offset wheels can be run w/ e36 susp. When my 5-lug swap is done it WILL look very similar to Daniels but my car is Delphin;)

Leave a comment:

• JUMPNYC
    replied
    Originally posted by Mossman View Post
    sell all the front stuff to an e36'er. The bilsteins are for a regular e36 so the spring diameter is too big. The control arms are for a regular e36 so they don't solve the wheel centering problem.

The CAB's are fine but the one without the screw looks like it spun a bit or was pressed in not perfectly. Make sure they can't spin.
    Thanks Mossman! I will definitely make sure the control arm bushings do not spin. You are saying those bilsteins struts and Bav Auto springs wont work in my swap? My buddy has a e36 m3 and he would take the struts off me I am pretty sure. I know the e36 control arms attached to the calipers are junk, but I want to make sure the right control arms are these part #'s
    Once again, I am pretty sure these are the pelican parts #'s for the proper control arms
    31-12-2-228-461-M9
    31-12-2-228-462-M9
    Could someone confirm this? Is there anything else I am missing?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X