This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alistairolsen View Post
    Thanks for the info, lovely looking car!
    Happy to help, and thank you. Still a work in progress like most are.

Comment

Is that the maximum rear toe in you could get with the Z3M trailing arms?

ZK

Originally posted by jph View Post
      Nasieg 5-lug fronts with E36 M3 hubs, E46 M3 rotors, and E36 M3 calipers.

Z3M rear trailing arms with E36 M3 rear calipers and rotors.

Front wheels are Apex Arc-8 17x8.5 et40 with Turner 17.5mm spacers.

Rear wheels are Apex Arc-8 17x9.5 et35 with Turner 7.5 mm spacers.

Tires are Toyo R888R 235/40 front and 275/40 rear.

-1.6 degrees front camber, 1/32 toe in. -0.6 degrees rear camber, 0 toe.

E30 Build by Jason H, on Flickr

E30 Build by Jason H, on Flickr

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
      @Zakspeed_US

Comment

I could have gotten more, but wanted to run 0 in the rear for traction and tire wear. I set my camber and toe plates in the middle range when welding them to my subframe. You could set them more aggressively when welding them to the subframe to allow more adjustment but I knew I wouldn’t need it so welded my adjustment plates conservatively.

Comment

Originally posted by jph View Post
          I could have gotten more, but wanted to run 0 in the rear for traction and tire wear. I set my camber and toe plates in the middle range when welding them to my subframe. You could set them more aggressively when welding them to the subframe to allow more adjustment but I knew I wouldn’t need it so welded my adjustment plates conservatively.
          Does it feel like the Z3M trailing arms have more toe out then the E30 arms do?

Have you tried running some toe in in the back?
          Should help with traction and tire wear.

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
            Does it feel like the Z3M trailing arms have more toe out then the E30 arms do?

Have you tried running some toe in in the back?
            Should help with traction and tire wear.
            No I have only had it set to zero toe. I think the Z3M arms are dimensionally the same as standard E30 arms when I comes to camber/toe. They create a wider wheelbase because they do come out farther than standard E30 trailing arms though.

Comment

Front:
              -e30 control arms with SRS Concept bushing.
              -e36 non m3 knuckles and hubs
              -e36 BC coilovers with e30 spec camber adjustable top mounts
              -e46 330i callipers and discs

Rear:
              -z4 hubs
              -e46 328i callipers and discs (callipers mounted upside down with adapters on opposite sides)

Wheels:
              Alpina Classic 8.5x17 et12 with 205/40-17 front, 9.5x17 et14 with 245/35-17 rear.

I´ll get more photos when I finish the car. :)

​​​​​​

Comment

Need Jehovah witness to go door to door to get some fool to post some specs and better details.

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

I’m looking for some direction here.
                  im doing a 5 lug swap, or should I say gathering the parts necessary. The particular E30 is a 91 convertible. I have front e36 m3 knuckles, gettin a complete front suspension refresh kit for a 96’ and up m3 from ex’s , New front struts etc.
                  complete z3 1.9 l rear set up,

this is supposedly the two most straight forward “bolt up “ plug and play options according to r3v wiki,

that being said. I’m not looking for it to be track ready, nor do I want it to be soft and mushy. Just spirited + a lil
                  that’s why I’m going OEM Sachs shocks and struts with hr sport spring only lowering 1.4” front and .75” rear.

i want to run squared 16x8 or 7 j wheels

so now for the question!

what is the best offset to run, for a no modifications fit. Would like to throw 215+/50or55 tires on them?

Comment

I'll add mine to this-

Fronts: IRP adapter sleeves for e36/46 hubs with 330I rotors/pads, condor braided FRONT e30 brake lines

Rears: SRS concepts e46 caliper adapter, Z4 hubs, E46 328I caliper/rotor, condor braided FRONT e30 brake lines

Wheels- Built to spec Forgestar F14's in 17x9 +26 square, 245/40/17 hankook RS4 tires square.

Untitled by Tyeler Andersen, on Flickr

Comment

My setup:

e30 m3 5-lug with H&R OE Sports and B8s
                      Wheels: e28 m5 RZ 16x7.5 et20, Powder coated porsche silver lip with Nogaro center (cosmic gray)
                      Tires 215/25/r16

Alex 88 m5 | 91 318is | 19 Subaru Ascent
                      BMW Tool Rentals & Fender Roller

Comment

I put this rear suspension together BEFORE I realized that people were doing the E90/Z4 (?) hubs with e46 brake thing... And I wish I would have waited and just bought THOSE parts... because I dislike the track width of the Z3 rear stuff...

Anyway, the plan is to run a square set of DS1 motorsport wheels and Im trying to decide what size tires will be the best.. Its sitting on the adjustable GC e36 on e30 kit... I dont plan on running it TOO low, but Im just curious, is anyone out there running ds1 wheels on z3/Ti rear five lug parts, and what size tires are you using if so? I was thinking maybe of a 215/40r17. Ive run 225/4517 in the past with a little bit of rubbing

the wheels in this pic were being borrowed.. and theyve got 245/4517 and 225/4517 on them, they were rubbing like crazy
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X