Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABS Retrofit

Hi everybody ,

I posted this in the touring specific forums but thought it might get more traction here.

I have an 89 320i touring that came without abs and was wondering if any of you have ever retrofitted a working system into a late model. Getting the physical parts and running brake lines wouldn't be an issue for me. But I’m concerned about adding in the abs computer module. Thanks guys !

You can run the mk60 ABS from the e46 M3. The dme is integrated with the unit. It is a big upgrade over stock, but requires some plumbing and wiring. You'll have to decide if its worth the extra work.

Comment

Originally posted by cwlo View Post
      You can run the mk60 ABS from the e46 M3. The dme is integrated with the unit. It is a big upgrade over stock, but requires some plumbing and wiring. You'll have to decide if its worth the extra work.
      This is also what I was going to suggest. It's expensive and complex, but it's supposed to be one of the best standalone ABS modules ever built. A lot of guy put them in race cars even from other makes. You will have to convert to 4 wheel speed sensors to use traction control, which can be a bit of a pain. I plan to do this eventually on my car as a bit of extra insurance on the track.

Comment

I sounds like teves made a race version of the newer mk60e5 dsc, that should be easier to find as all e9x & e8x cars used it. I do not know if there is any hardware differences of all software though.

Comment

Here is the wiring for the MK60 ABS which runs fine standalone. There is one version which the firmware can be modified to your weight, weight bias, tires, etc, only a handful of people can do that. It would be wise to retrofit the Steering sensor and yaw sensor:

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X