H&R OE Sport Springs with Bilstein B4 shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H&R OE Sport Springs with Bilstein B4 shocks

Giving my 325e a suspension refresh that it desperately needs and went with H&R OE Sport Springs and Bilstein B4 shocks to complement new bushings all around. I want to tighten up my car’s handling a little bit and make the ride more taut while maintaining close to OEM level of comfort. The plan is to use the car as a fun daily that handles well without going apeshit behind the wheel. Does anyone else run this setup? How does it compare to the original suspension? I tried Googling on this setup for E30s but didn't find much.

I'm running this setup on my 318is and love it. It works well for cruising, commuting, spirited driving, and HPDEs. I've added E46 15mm rear spring pads to mine to level out the ride height as the 318 is a little lighter up front than the 325. More info here: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/forum/general-forums/members-rides/359703-mike-s-alpine-white-1991-318is-now-with-bbs-rs001s?p=7014054#post7014054

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
      I'm running this setup on my 318is and love it. It works well for cruising, commuting, spirited driving, and HPDEs. I've added E46 15mm rear spring pads to mine to level out the ride height as the 318 is a little lighter up front than the 325. More info here: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/forum/general-forums/members-rides/359703-mike-s-alpine-white-1991-318is-now-with-bbs-rs001s?p=7014054#post7014054
      This is awesome info as I'm considering something similar. Did you happen to consider any of the TC Kline setups for your car? Are they too track-focused for the street?

Comment

Originally posted by Nate37 View Post

This is awesome info as I'm considering something similar. Did you happen to consider any of the TC Kline setups for your car? Are they too track-focused for the street?
        I don't know much about the TC Kline setup. I just looked at their website and they do have 318i/is specific setups. I went with the Bilstein B4 and OE Sport H&R setup because I wanted something only slightly more aggressive than stock. So far my setup has done a great job of fitting that need.

48738828983_ebaf759527_o by mike.bevels, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
        X