e38 style fives with adapters

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Matt-B
    replied
    i had style 5s redrilled, to 4x100. ran a 20mm rear spacer, basically like running an adapter. Rubbed in rear only on bumps. fronts I ran an 8mm, no issue.

    front might stick out a bit and rub, not sure

    Leave a comment:


  • slowe34
    replied
    Originally posted by mbonanni
    Okay there was some talk about needing to run 18mm adapters, and the draft 42 designs adapters are only 20mm at the lowest. what does this change?
    I just ordered a set of the draft 42 adapters in 20mm form, so I should have a definitive answer in a week or so. I'll be sure to document the amount of roll that's needed for others interested.

    Leave a comment:


  • noE30
    replied
    Originally posted by mbonanni
    Okay there was some talk about needing to run 18mm adapters, and the draft 42 designs adapters are only 20mm at the lowest. what does this change?
    Your wheels will sit out an extra 2mm, which shouldn't be too noticeable really.

    Leave a comment:


  • mbonanni
    replied
    Okay there was some talk about needing to run 18mm adapters, and the draft 42 designs adapters are only 20mm at the lowest. what does this change?

    Leave a comment:


  • d_elson0
    replied



    +5/+0 205/40s

    style 5s w/adapters

    Leave a comment:


  • george graves
    replied
    Originally posted by shoguncro
    Redrilled to 5x120 then fited with adapters
    Ummm. I must be missing something - don't those start out in life as a 5x120 wheel? no?

    Leave a comment:


  • duckBoy
    replied
    Subscribed...

    Leave a comment:


  • flash 23
    replied
    ^ which adapter is that?

    Leave a comment:


  • aje28
    replied
    Originally posted by shoguncro

    Redrilled to 5x120 then fited with adapters
    Nice!, What's the final offset on it?

    Leave a comment:


  • shoguncro
    replied

    Redrilled to 5x120 then fited with adapters

    Leave a comment:


  • Mystikal
    replied
    Originally posted by e30 gangsta
    In the front or rear?

    In the past I ran a 16 by 9 et10 with a 215/45/16 and there was too much poke upfront, outback was perfect though with a roll and a pull.

    If you ran a 18mm adapter that would bring the style 5 in the front to et5.

    You think with et 5 upfront and a 205/45/16 it will rub? I don't think so. I may be wrong though.
    Rear rub. Fronts have acres of space.

    Originally posted by aje28
    +1 I would like to know this as well as I plan on buying 18mm adapters and having et 5 all around. I have a early model too so I dont know how much different the late models are.
    Shouldn't need more than a flat roll and decent springs on an early model.

    Leave a comment:


  • mbonanni
    replied
    Thanks! Good new is they should be done within the week.

    Leave a comment:


  • slowe34
    replied
    Originally posted by mbonanni
    Is there a thread for these? link?

    Thanks
    her:


    Leave a comment:


  • Zasz
    replied
    This post is to glorify your dog some more: I laughed out loud.

    Also, good luck with the wheels.

    Leave a comment:


  • mbonanni
    replied
    Originally posted by slowe34
    I wish the 42 Draft Design adapters would happen already. Only thing Im waiting on before I pull the trigger and get these stylr 5's on my car!
    Is there a thread for these? link?

    Thanks

    Leave a comment:

Working...