e38 style fives with adapters
Collapse
X
-
I wish the 42 Draft Design adapters would happen already. Only thing Im waiting on before I pull the trigger and get these stylr 5's on my car! -
I am debting whether I should spend my money on a set of e38 style fives and do fill and drill/adapters or stick with my euroweaves and get them powder coated white with polished lips. It is a very hard decisison. I will be keeping p with this thread!Leave a comment:
-
@ et5 a regular roll with anything like or above H&R race won't rub. MAYBE on hard cornering.
Early model = Better clearence. You're even better prepped if you want to do a 0 offset.Leave a comment:
-
In the front or rear?
In the past I ran a 16 by 9 et10 with a 215/45/16 and there was too much poke upfront, outback was perfect though with a roll and a pull.
If you ran a 18mm adapter that would bring the style 5 in the front to et5.
You think with et 5 upfront and a 205/45/16 it will rub? I don't think so. I may be wrong though.
+1 I would like to know this as well as I plan on buying 18mm adapters and having et 5 all around. I have a early model too so I dont know how much different the late models are.Leave a comment:
-
In the front or rear?
In the past I ran a 16 by 9 et10 with a 215/45/16 and there was too much poke upfront, outback was perfect though with a roll and a pull.
If you ran a 18mm adapter that would bring the style 5 in the front to et5.
You think with et 5 upfront and a 205/45/16 it will rub? I don't think so. I may be wrong though.Last edited by e30 gangsta; 01-31-2012, 11:27 AM.Leave a comment:
-
-
Id you end up with adapters do not use 205/45 (it will rub badly) or 205/40 (it doesn't leave you with much ground clearance).
You'll want a 195/45.Leave a comment:
-
I know it's a little OT but has anyone have experience with running E39 17x8 Style 5's (et20) with 20mm adapters? I just scored a set for dirt cheap and may want to do that instead of going 5-lug.Leave a comment:
-
Heres a pic from my build thread. Keep in mind this is Et0 all around 205/45/16
With this set up I rubbed in the rear. As you can see (sorry for not close up pic) the rear quarters are not butchered or pulled much at all. Maybe an 1/8 of an inch pull plus pounding the inner pinch metal flush.
Again, front fenders are untouched. Consider the offset change with adapters tho, If you run 20mm(Which I plan on doing) then slap a style five on it your final Et is +3. This extra positive offset will be more than enough to prevent rubbing in the rear. 18mm will more than suffice.
Anyways thats my deal. some other guys here with early arches and different setups may have some other opinions about this...Leave a comment:
-
I've been emailing the people at motorsport-tech and they quoted me $375 shipped for adapters with 18mm being the smallest they could do.Leave a comment:
-
-
Any of you guys have link to the adapters that are the thinnest?Leave a comment:
-
Awesome. This is what I was wanting to hear. And since Im not having a lot of luck the with local machine shops, I think I will be going this route.its what I said before. Fronts dont need to be pulled or rolled. On later model arches you can run a 205/45/16 with an et of 0 and still not rub.
You will rub in the rear which is why i said you need to pull and roll.
Im assuming the JOM setup will go just as low as my k sport setup so im giving this information based off my own experience.
Buttchug, can we see pics of said current set up?Leave a comment:
-
its what I said before. Fronts dont need to be pulled or rolled. On later model arches you can run a 205/45/16 with an et of 0 and still not rub.
You will rub in the rear which is why i said you need to pull and roll.
Im assuming the JOM setup will go just as low as my k sport setup so im giving this information based off my own experience.Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: