Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some new wheels for these meats
    Any suggestions? Must be 17s and Atleast 9" wide
    Last edited by dmoney(AB); 06-06-2014, 07:40 PM.

mtech1/2jzgte/r154/275tire
    function>form

Comment

Damn, dmoney, looks sweet! Tire I think looks too big on the E30 though. I think a 15" or a 16" out back would look perfect, while still keeping the 17s up front.
      1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
      1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Does anyone know about how much room we have, total tire diameter wise, up front before we have to start cutting up the wells? Trying to fit a beefy square setup on, and having trouble picking out a rim/tire combo thats gonna work.

Oh and were talking a lowered car here, but not slammed.
        Last edited by CLM21; 08-22-2014, 08:54 AM.

Comment

This is a 25" diameter tire (255/40/17) with fully compressed suspension:

the tire just starts to rub the pinch weld/lip at the top of the front fender arch (you'll see it when you look under the fender) to clear entirely without any modifications I'd reccomend sticking to a 24.5" or shorter tire.

also of note, the other tough issue is a tire this tall will hit near the front and back when turning at full lock unless you go with a ridiculously low offset. (hence needing to cut out the fender as shown)
          -Brad
          My E30: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...50#post3916850

Comment

Hmmm. Well Im going with a 255/35/18, which is a 25.1" diameter I believe. Definitely gonna have some wide flares, front and back. But I guess it looks like Im gonna have to be doing some wheel well modification as well. Thanks for the pictures and thoughts!

Comment

I'm going to run 16" I want to stay wide and have fun on the track. Was thinking 16x9 in the rear and 16x8 front. What's the widest you think I can run with a et25
              87 325i Coupe - Sold
              95 M3 Track rat - Sold
              87 325i Vert - Sold
              87 325is S52 swap - Sold
              99 M3 (Estoril) - Sold
              03 525i Touring - Current
              03 325i Touring (Mtech Conv) - Current
              88 325i Vert - Current

Comment

Bump, this is such an interesting read! I'm looking for a meaty setup, and this thread is helping alot!

Comment

I'm assuming the e30 really doesn't need fender work to fit meaty tires or wide wheels

Comment

How are all you guys running such wide wheels in the front. I've got 17x8.5 et20 wheels and rub like crazy on the inner wheel wells with 225's

Comment

what size 225? 225/40/17 is a good size for the E30, but that tire size is almost non existent. the much much more popular 225/45/17 is too tall for the E30 and will rub like hell. A 235/40/17 will fit your setup better.

What is your front camber set to? more negative camber will sink the top of the wheel into the fender more, and lowering the car will also since the wheel inboard. Of course -6° is stupid, but you might get the clearance you need by going from -1.5° to -2°.
                      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Working...
                      X