Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regardless the offset, fender work or not, would a 225/45R17 (front) have the same height as a255/40R17 (rear) ?

Thanks man!
    Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Originally posted by anstead610 View Post
      What do you mean "flat rear fender lips"? like pulled or do you mean the lip on the lip? haha, the flat lip inside the arch, you mean flatten that against the actual arch? I'm confusing myself trying to explain it.

Forgot to add the style 19s are being redrilled to 4x100, i am not running a 5 lug swap. (if that makes the offset different)
      Flat meaning the inner lip rolled up flat against the inside of the quarter panel. So, yes.

Redrilling helps with clearance, as the M3 hubs push the wheels outward slightly (wider track).

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
        Thinking of upping my current 215/40 Pzero Nerros on the Kopis (17x7.5, et20) to a 215/45 Continental Extreme DWs for a bit more sidewall compliance. Any issues? I don't currently rub, but shit is pretty low...
        Great tire model, but you will most likely rub with that size. Go with a 205/45 to get a little more compliance (you'll lose some grip of course).

Comment

Question about fitment. I can't find anything on it. I have a 91 325is. I want to get these:

rear 17x9 et30
          front 17x8 et35

Will the work. Is there any modifications I would need to make. Also what tire size should I run if they will work. I would like to car to be low if possible.

Thanks,
          Jason

Comment

Originally posted by wannaBMthree View Post
            Mystikal your the man.

I found some dirt cheap 205/55/16's for my MMII's with spacers. Think it would fit? At least on the front, I'm on Ie3's.

Cheers.
            Nope, too tall for the front. In a pinch they'll work on the rear, but that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by aperez49 View Post
              Looking for some advice on my setup.

88' 325i Sedan
              KYB's and HR Sports
              TRM C1's 15x8

Should I go 225 and if I did would I need any roll on the fenders?
              Should I just do 205 to avoid any trouble? (It's just a street car anyways for now)
              How much does this all change if I go Vogtland Springs instead of HR?

Thanks!
              Even with 205s it will be close without fender rolling. That is a very aggressive wheel. Springs are irrelevant, mostly.

Comment

Originally posted by diegom6 View Post
                Regardless the offset, fender work or not, would a 225/45R17 (front) have the same height as a255/40R17 (rear) ?

Thanks man!
                Yes, identical.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonpickett View Post
                  Question about fitment. I can't find anything on it. I have a 91 325is. I want to get these:

rear 17x9 et30
                  front 17x8 et35

Will the work. Is there any modifications I would need to make. Also what tire size should I run if they will work. I would like to car to be low if possible.

Thanks,
                  Jason
                  You will need 10mm spacers, front and rear. For tires go with 205/40 and 225/35 ideally, or if the 225/35 is too scarce/pricey just run a 215/40 in the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                    Even with 205s it will be close without fender rolling. That is a very aggressive wheel. Springs are irrelevant, mostly.
                    Thanks, would swapping to the 15x7 help any or not really?
                    Cars for Sale:

1989 E30 327i - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...0&postcount=12

Comment

I am also looking at:

front 17x8.5 20mm
                      rear 17x10 20mm

Would these need any spacers and or will they rub. What size tires would be best for this.

Thanks,
                      Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                        Great tire model, but you will most likely rub with that size. Go with a 205/45 to get a little more compliance (you'll lose some grip of course).
                        You are the man! Thanks!

Comment

i have a sedan and just picked up wheels 16x8 et0 and tires on them are 205 40 16 test fit them and looks way too small.
                          any reccomendations on which tires to run 215 45 16? maybe 225 50 16 rear
                          not really a fan of stretching
                          Originally posted by blunttech
                          r3v does not fuck around. First you get banned, then they shoot you

Comment

Thank you Mystikal.

90 325is alpine2 m50b25 becoming a dorifto car.

Comment

I want to get 17x8 for the front and 17x9 for the rear. I wass wondering what offset should I choose

8.0 x 17 et20 / 25 / 33 / 38 / 40 / 48 / 53
                              9.0 x 17 et23 / 27 / 30 / 35 / 40 / 45

Please help me and also what would be a good tire size for each wheel.

Thanks,
                              Jason

Comment

im interested in the new esm 002's
                                new sizes available are
                                17x8.5 et 15 and 17x10 et 20
                                obviously id need to roll, but would i need to default
                                to the agressive roll + what tire sizes should i go wiTh
                                Car is lowered 1.5"

Comment

Working...
                                X