Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30lyf View Post
    Hey Jay,

16x8.5 et20 (F) and 16x9 et14 (R). i am running IE3,drop hats & koni sport.

do i need to run front spacer? 205/45/16 would be perfect size? really appreciated your opinion.. :)
    3mm front spacer likely needed but I'd test it without first. 205/45s are perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by matthugie View Post
      With Apex Arc-8's do 235's fit in the front as is or do they require rolling? Most of the questions I found in this thread were in regards to the rears, but my rear fenders are already rolled so the front is my only concern in running square 235's. Thanks!
      No rolling the fronts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
        No.
        Ok thanks alot dude i appreciate it!
        sigpic

Comment

exactly, z06 wheels. I've got a 325i sitting in my garage, and .... yah ummm lets see... Anywhos, ive got a thought I wanted to run by you about wheel offset and get your input.

...if the wheel offset is very different from stock, would that cause unneccessary axial loading of wheel bearings? causing unwanted thrust forces which increase rolling resistance and also reduce bearing life? I don't have a source or anything on this just something I was thinking and wanted to see if you (or others) think the same.

Comment

Noob to tire staggering here......OK doing a suspension upgrade.. i have a set of 215/50/16 in the fronts that have less than 200 miles on them so obviously no need to replace these and i don't want to buy a brand new set of 4.. So what size would be a good call for the rear for a good stagger
            sigpic"God made cars to be RWD and standard"

Comment

Suspension on the car
              KW 60/40 lowering springs with kw struts and shocks.

Wheels
              15x8 offset 19

Will 225/50/15 fit with out having to roll or pull fenders?

I can't decide if I should run all season
              225/50/15 or Summer tires in 205/50/15

Money is keeping me from 225/45/15
              I'm cooler in person.

Comment

Originally posted by hopeful View Post
                exactly, z06 wheels. I've got a 325i sitting in my garage, and .... yah ummm lets see... Anywhos, ive got a thought I wanted to run by you about wheel offset and get your input.

...if the wheel offset is very different from stock, would that cause unneccessary axial loading of wheel bearings? causing unwanted thrust forces which increase rolling resistance and also reduce bearing life? I don't have a source or anything on this just something I was thinking and wanted to see if you (or others) think the same.
                Spacing out wheels does add extra stress on wheel bearings.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

It's funny. I just bought a set of those same wheels, that's why I knew the dimensions so quickly. Picking them up Saturday.

If the geometry ends up the same I'm one to believe the load on the axle/hub/etc remains the same. For example a +35 wheel with a 15mm spacer does NOT provide any additional stress than a +20 wheel. I've read every argument for both sides and stay firmly planted in this camp.

Comment

Originally posted by E30nub1 View Post
                    Noob to tire staggering here......OK doing a suspension upgrade.. i have a set of 215/50/16 in the fronts that have less than 200 miles on them so obviously no need to replace these and i don't want to buy a brand new set of 4.. So what size would be a good call for the rear for a good stagger
                    There isn't. The fronts are already oversized in diameter, there's no suitable rear that will look right and actually fit.

Comment

Originally posted by ajackz View Post
                      Suspension on the car
                      KW 60/40 lowering springs with kw struts and shocks.

Wheels
                      15x8 offset 19

Will 225/50/15 fit with out having to roll or pull fenders?

I can't decide if I should run all season
                      225/50/15 or Summer tires in 205/50/15

Money is keeping me from 225/45/15
                      Roll 100% needed. Use 205/50s.

Comment

Hey, need your help again. The wheel is 17x8.5 et 13 5x120

What tire spacer combo do I need to fit?
                        My old Style 5 Thread / My Swap
                        1991 318IS :bow: 2.5L S14 Swap/BC Coilover suspension/Some new (old) wheels/
                        IS Skirt-Lip/RG Splitter/M-Technic I Spoiler/Dogleg/3.46 Diff/Euro H4 headlights etc.
                        1998 528I (Sold) // 2003 540I ///M Sport

Comment

their super cheap eh? 1000$ for very high qual stuff, what are you putting them on?

Comment

Car is soon to be lowered on FA coilovers so I've been wheel shopping..

16x8 et12 and 16x9 et12

What tire sizes should I run? I'd like to stick with a very mild stretch. Also will it take much fender work to make them fit?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by keefy6 View Post
                              Hey, need your help again. The wheel is 17x8.5 et 13 5x120

What tire spacer combo do I need to fit?
                              Without 5-lug conversion those aren't going to work.

Comment

their super cheap eh? 1000$ for very high qual stuff, what are you putting them on?
                                Car in sig. With 315 tires to boot. ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X