Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has probably been asked a million and one times, but I'm looking to run some 17x8 ET20 Style 5s with 18mm 5 lug adapters all the way around.
    I'd be running these with GCCs and Koni's on a '91 sedan. I just have a few questions I can't seem to find answers for.

1.) I would like to know what size tire would fit well with minimal rubbing. From what I've seen, 225/40/17 seems like it would work well for the look I'm trying to get, but I can't find a store that sells that size online. maybe 225/45/17?
    2.) How much poke (if any) would there be for 18mm all around. Am I going to have to roll/stretch out my fenders at all?

This (http://imgur.com/SrDxC13), and this (http://imgur.com/S3Ce8bt), is essentially the look I'm trying to get.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Shftr8 View Post
      there is to much info to sort through on here lol. Sorry if its be asked before but any chance this set up will work and not rub? I believe Im running 205/55/15 now and would like to switch the tires over if I can

car: 89 325i on bavauto spring (1 1/4 drop) and E90 drop hats up front
      Wheels: 15X7 et12 all the way around
      Might rub in the back just a little bit. 205/50 wouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by MTD View Post
        Sorry to bother again, but could i add e90 drop hats to my setup to lower the front a bit more, and still fit ?
        Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by Azscentence View Post
          This has probably been asked a million and one times, but I'm looking to run some 17x8 ET20 Style 5s with 18mm 5 lug adapters all the way around.
          I'd be running these with GCCs and Koni's on a '91 sedan. I just have a few questions I can't seem to find answers for.

1.) I would like to know what size tire would fit well with minimal rubbing. From what I've seen, 225/40/17 seems like it would work well for the look I'm trying to get, but I can't find a store that sells that size online. maybe 225/45/17?
          2.) How much poke (if any) would there be for 18mm all around. Am I going to have to roll/stretch out my fenders at all?

This (http://imgur.com/SrDxC13), and this (http://imgur.com/S3Ce8bt), is essentially the look I'm trying to get.
          Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
          Even with tiny 195/40s they would rub occasionally. Most use 205/40s and beat the crap out of their fenders. It's not an ideal fitment at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
            Yup.
            Sweeet. Thanks for all the help :)

Comment

Spacers required for et 25 16x8/et 20 16x9? I'm on H&R Sports (cab-specific). Looking at this for tires: 215/40 front and 225/40 back. TIA for the help! ---FNG

92 325i Calypsorot Convertible
              H&R Sport Springs+HD Billies+E90 Drop Hats

Comment

Np MTD

Originally posted by elDizzle View Post
                Spacers required for et 25 16x8/et 20 16x9? I'm on H&R Sports (cab-specific). Looking at this for tires: 215/40 front and 225/40 back. TIA for the help! ---FNG
                3-5mm front spacers and it'll all fit.

Comment

Np MTD
                  3-5mm front spacers and it'll all fit.
                  Thx Sir!:up:

92 325i Calypsorot Convertible
                  H&R Sport Springs+HD Billies+E90 Drop Hats

Comment

Even with tiny 195/40s they would rub occasionally. Most use 205/40s and beat the crap out of their fenders. It's not an ideal fitment at all.
                    That's a little discouraging. Should I just find some 16 inch wheels instead? I love the look of the 17in style 5s but if they're gonna beat on my car then I think I'd rather just play it safe...

Comment

Originally posted by Azscentence View Post
                      That's a little discouraging. Should I just find some 16 inch wheels instead? I love the look of the 17in style 5s but if they're gonna beat on my car then I think I'd rather just play it safe...
                      It's not the diameter or even width that's the problem, its the offset with teh adaptors that is, et+3 is pretty stinkin' out there. You certainly "could" get them to fit, but probably need some camber and yes, some fender beating...

et 10-15 is more reasonable. I have 16x8 et 10 rear et13 front and they don't rub at all with rolled fenders I tried et0 once, I didn't even get a half mile down the street before I turned around from the rubbing

(I have a coupe and I'm not entirely sure how they fit a sedan, so take what I say with a grain of salt...)
                      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                      Originally posted by roguetoaster
                      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                        It's not the diameter or even width that's the problem, its the offset with teh adaptors that is, et+3 is pretty stinkin' out there. You certainly "could" get them to fit, but probably need some camber and yes, some fender beating...

et 10-15 is more reasonable. I have 16x8 et 10 rear et13 front and they don't rub at all with rolled fenders I tried et0 once, I didn't even get a half mile down the street before I turned around from the rubbing

(I have a coupe and I'm not entirely sure how they fit a sedan, so take what I say with a grain of salt...)
                        Perfect reply. Same fitment sedan/coupe. I'll take the week off, you can handle it from here. I believe in you.

Comment

Hey there,

Planning on fitting the next set up:
                          - 15x7 style 4s ET20 w/ 205/55 r15 tires
                          - 18mm 4x100 to 5x120 adapters up front
                          - 318ti complete trailing arms

The car is a 87' 318i euro specs (high arches) sitting on M sport suspension (OEM option). Will be running H&R race and bilstein sport later if it fits.
                          What do you guys think about this ?

Thanks in advance for help

Comment

Needs 3-5mm front spacers to clear. 205/45s all around is smart, you can also go up to 215/45 in the rear if you want. 205/55 has zero chance.
                            Reporting with results. With 205/45s and 3mm spacer it all fits. Tight fit, but just enough clearance. This guy's a wizard.

Comment

Got some 16x8 et20's square coming. Wondering about tire options. I can do a little rolling or trimming if needed but want a meetier look for the tire. Saw some 215/40/16 dint look for 215/45 yet, would that fit, or should I go 205/50-55/16? Want to keep the odometer close to accurate. Will be on ground controls and i don't want to be slammed. Looking for no to little stretch if possible.
                              89 325 cabrio in progress m52tub28 swap
                              99 540it
                              86 Volvo 240 wagon
                              99 Cherokee
                              13 Passat

Comment

Originally posted by MTD View Post
                                Reporting with results. With 205/45s and 3mm spacer it all fits. Tight fit, but just enough clearance. This guy's a wizard.
                                Actually... Today i noticed that above 70kph the steering wheel starts shaking, and the car starts swerving a bit to the sides. Is this due to the fitment? What could be the problem?

Comment

Working...
                                X