Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when using a 5mm spacer, do i still need to replace my bolts?

what is the best brand of spacer available and are spacers safe to use?

is it true that you need to torque your wheels every week when using spacers?

sorry for the ignorance...

Comment

Originally posted by e30james///m View Post
      when using a 5mm spacer, do i still need to replace my bolts?

what is the best brand of spacer available and are spacers safe to use?

is it true that you need to torque your wheels every week when using spacers?

sorry for the ignorance...
      Depends on the wheel hub's thickness. Rule if thumb is 6 full turns on the bolt. Don't worry about brands. No, torquing is the same process.

Comment

ok oem 1) BBS style 8s 16x7.5 et 15 2)bbs style 5s 16x8 et 23 3)bbs style 29 16x7 et 20

drill and fill or adapters on bc coils not dumped. Looking for flush (no poke or very little poke) and mild fender rolling at most.

for each, what is the best fit? also what spacer/adapter would be needed for meet my needs. Im not sure if these will hit the caliper or poke after clearing it.

thanks
        1987 325iC/5 Alpine White/Cardinal
        1988 325iS Lachssilber/Natur
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JMAL View Post
          ok oem 1) BBS style 8s 16x7.5 et 15 2)bbs style 5s 16x8 et 23 3)bbs style 29 16x7 et 20

drill and fill or adapters on bc coils not dumped. Looking for flush (no poke or very little poke) and mild fender rolling at most.

for each, what is the best fit? also what spacer/adapter would be needed for meet my needs. Im not sure if these will hit the caliper or poke after clearing it.

thanks
          None of them are ideal for adapters. All are suitable for redrilling.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
            None of them are ideal for adapters. All are suitable for redrilling.
            ok thanks, on the 8 inch wide, whats the lowest total offset using spacers that i can get to be flush?
            1987 325iC/5 Alpine White/Cardinal
            1988 325iS Lachssilber/Natur
            sigpic

Comment

I have a fitment question. I have some bottlecaps that I am getting rid of soon. I want to lower my car with vogtland springs which will drop it 1.8'' all around. I want a wider tire than I have now (6'') What is the most I can go without rolling the fenders? offset and tire and rim suggestions welcome...

Should I lower first and see what I can fit or buy the rims first?

Comment

Anybody tried Falken Azenis RT-615Ks? Im looking for a really grippy summer tire for my US weaves. The car will be autocrossed. Any other tire suggestions?

the only size 615k for 14 inch wheels is 195/60r14.

I believe stock tire size is 195/65R14?
                = Heidi 1988 325 -> 335i. 7200rpm built M30

Comment

Originally posted by JMAL View Post
                  ok thanks, on the 8 inch wide, whats the lowest total offset using spacers that i can get to be flush?
                  +10 is good.

Comment

Originally posted by newman8r View Post
                    I have a fitment question. I have some bottlecaps that I am getting rid of soon. I want to lower my car with vogtland springs which will drop it 1.8'' all around. I want a wider tire than I have now (6'') What is the most I can go without rolling the fenders? offset and tire and rim suggestions welcome...

Should I lower first and see what I can fit or buy the rims first?
                    Read anything in this thread, really.

Comment

Originally posted by totheredline View Post
                      Anybody tried Falken Azenis RT-615Ks? Im looking for a really grippy summer tire for my US weaves. The car will be autocrossed. Any other tire suggestions?

the only size 615k for 14 inch wheels is 195/60r14.

I believe stock tire size is 195/65R14?
                      They're good, not great. Not sure there are any other choices still produced in 14". Look into the Hankook R-S3 or Dunlop ZII to see if they're available as they're both a bit better than the Falken.

Comment

What size wheel studs should I get that won't be to long, or to short to run my center caps, and the 15mm spacers.
                        16x7 et35 konig remembers
                        15mm spacers
                        sigpic
                        fun

Comment

Originally posted by mmeyer08 View Post
                          What size wheel studs should I get that won't be to long, or to short to run my center caps, and the 15mm spacers.
                          15mm spacers
                          You will need 64mm studs:

~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                          ~ '87 535
                          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                            They're good, not great. Not sure there are any other choices still produced in 14". Look into the Hankook R-S3 or Dunlop ZII to see if they're available as they're both a bit better than the Falken.

i found the dunlops in 185/60r14

So dunlops in 185/60/14

OR falkens in 195/60/14. hmmm

Would 195 offer a ton more grip over 185?
                            = Heidi 1988 325 -> 335i. 7200rpm built M30

Comment

Has anybody had any luck with using 6-7" lips as barrels? I guess the valve stem would have to be on the inside as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mmeyer08 View Post
                                15mm spacers
                                Sorry, long forgot stud measurements. I know 75mm is gigantic and won't work, but otherwise unsure.

Comment

Working...
                                X