Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got 225/50R16 all round at the moment (once done, 245/45's will go on). Rear guards have been rolled so they fit up snug (will end up pulling them for flared look and a little extra clearence), fronts are pretty much the same (but the car is too low), but it doesnt rub on any suspension or steering components. Looks great at the moment :)
    Last edited by Madhatter; 11-24-2007, 05:34 PM.
    Just a little project im working on
    - http://www.lse30.com -

Comment

17x8 ET20 throwing stars on a 89 325is with M3 suspension/Billysports/H&R Race...
      which tire size?

you da man
      thx
      Joe Funk -- Portland Oregon
      That Guy.
      03 X5. 3 liter obviously.

Comment

Hey Jay - need some advice. This is going on my late model, which already has a minor fender lip roll in the rear. Current setup is 16x7 et25, 215/45-16 hankook rs2. It's an effective (but boring) setup that has no rub issues to speak of. One note of interest - the car may have had a passenger quarter panel repair at some prior point, as there seems to be a bit more material than there should be, inside up above the flare.

I just picked up a set of 15x7 et38 k1s from Ben, and plan to use 225/50-15 rs2s. I have a set of 20mm spacers that I'm using with my bottlecaps, but would using those for an effective et18 be too aggressive? It would probably look great, but as the car sees significant autox use I'd like to keep it rub-free.

If that setup is too edgy, I can get 13mm spacers to go for the tried and true et25, but even then do you think the mildly wider tire be an issue? If i went even less aggressive (10mm spacer) i'd lose hubcentricity, unless i find a TMS type hub extender.

What say you, master of fitment?
        Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Funkmasta View Post
          17x8 ET20 throwing stars on a 89 325is with M3 suspension/Billysports/H&R Race...
          which tire size?

you da man
          thx
          215/40/17. And thanks!

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by fretburnr View Post
            Hey Jay - need some advice. This is going on my late model, which already has a minor fender lip roll in the rear. Current setup is 16x7 et25, 215/45-16 hankook rs2. It's an effective (but boring) setup that has no rub issues to speak of. One note of interest - the car may have had a passenger quarter panel repair at some prior point, as there seems to be a bit more material than there should be, inside up above the flare.

I just picked up a set of 15x7 et38 k1s from Ben, and plan to use 225/50-15 rs2s. I have a set of 20mm spacers that I'm using with my bottlecaps, but would using those for an effective et18 be too aggressive? It would probably look great, but as the car sees significant autox use I'd like to keep it rub-free.

If that setup is too edgy, I can get 13mm spacers to go for the tried and true et25, but even then do you think the mildly wider tire be an issue? If i went even less aggressive (10mm spacer) i'd lose hubcentricity, unless i find a TMS type hub extender.

What say you, master of fitment?
            With the 20mm spacers, you're looking at rubbing issues. I have 15x7 ET20 with 225/50/15 R-S2s right now, and even after a ghetto roll and stiff springs it still rubs over large bumps.

If you can find 13mm hubcentric spacers, go for that. If not, 15mm will be fine. Just be ready to roll the fenders well.

Oh, and just a tip: If you put 215/45/16 RT-615s on your current wheels you'd be faster than the 225 R-S2s you're proposing. ;)

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
              215/40/17. And thanks!

Jay
              Any way to run anything wider in the rear? Drivetrain is S50/ZF/3.23

cheers
              Joe Funk -- Portland Oregon
              That Guy.
              03 X5. 3 liter obviously.

Comment

Thanks for the info man! FK makes a 13mm spacer for 4lug v-dub apps, which happen to have the same 57.1 centerbore.

I'm not against trying the azenis at all as I've heard great things, but my ASA 16s are h-e-a-v-y. I'll be saving around 7 pounds a corner, if not more, by going to the koseis. I'm also considering moving to an r-comp soon, so I may look at the 225/50 advan A048 / proxes RA1 or similar instead of the hankooks.

If i do find some r-comps, I may get some RT615s for the 16s and run them on the street.
                Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Funkmasta View Post
                  Any way to run anything wider in the rear? Drivetrain is S50/ZF/3.23

cheers
                  I know of a certain '87 M-Tech I S50 car who ran those same wheels with 235/40/17 in the back...even with professionally rolled (done before paint) and early-arch fenders it rubbed very, very badly. Like continuous rub under acceleration.

Get something good, like RT-615s, KDWs, GS-D3s, or even SPTs. You'll get traction...eventually. ;)

Jay

Comment

17x7.5 what offset?

I'd like to run some 17's on my 88 325is with 215/50's or wider. I've rolled the fenders already. I'd like to run as wide a tire as possible in the rear to handle the S52's power...
                    Last edited by bwh13; 11-28-2007, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Anyone rocking 17x8 +25??? Experience? Pictures? Rubbing? Jay?
                      Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                      EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                      FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                      NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                      Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                      ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by bwh13 View Post
                        I'd like to run some 17's on my 88 325is with 215/50's or wider. I've rolled the fenders already. I'd like to run as wide a tire as possible in the rear to handle the S52's power...
                        215/50/17 is an extremely tall tire. My E36 wouldn't even take that. You also didn't actually ask me anything. This one was easy! :p

Alright fine. 245/35/17 is the widest, easiest to fit tire.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift View Post
                          Anyone rocking 17x8 +25??? Experience? Pictures? Rubbing? Jay?
                          See the last post didn't have any questions, and now somehow this one has 5. wtf.

1. Not that I know of.
                          2. Nope. But it's an excellent setup.
                          3. See #1 and #2.
                          4. It will take 235/40/17 with some fender rolling.
                          5. See below.

Jay

Comment

If I was to run some Keskin KT-1's in a 16x9 all around would I need spacers? I am pretty sure I would. What size should I get? TIA

Comment

Originally posted by motorsports_3 View Post
                              If I was to run some Keskin KT-1's in a 16x9 all around would I need spacers? I am pretty sure I would. What size should I get? TIA
                              You need small ones to clear the front struts. 5mm is plenty. The rear doesn't need any, but if you want the balanced look 10mm back there would do that.

215/40/16 tires are the recommended size.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                                See the last post didn't have any questions, and now somehow this one has 5. wtf.

1. Not that I know of.
                                2. Nope. But it's an excellent setup.
                                3. See #1 and #2.
                                4. It will take 235/40/17 with some fender rolling.
                                5. See below.

Jay
                                haha, win :D
                                Jay

Comment

Working...
                                X