Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted to get Konig Rewind gun metals but it appears they only come in a et40. So now ive switched to Rota GT3 gun metal. I'm pleased they come in 16x7 (what i was going for) now my question is are they gonna fit. i dont see an offset rating or hub rating for them

Comment

Not even sure this is possible but...

15x7 ET12 on an IX??????

Can it be done with spacers?
      sigpic
      New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
      %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by WoodlandIX View Post
        Im thinking about getting some Rota Slipstreams for my IX because they have a large offset. I like the design as well and the fact that they are light. I am looking at the 16X7" ET 45's. What size tires should I look for? I figure that ET45 should work without any trouble as long as the tires are sized correctly. Thanks!
        Pretty sure they make them in 16x7 ET40 too, which is a better fit. 205/50/16 is the tire you want.

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
          I wanted to get Konig Rewind gun metals but it appears they only come in a et40. So now ive switched to Rota GT3 gun metal. I'm pleased they come in 16x7 (what i was going for) now my question is are they gonna fit. i dont see an offset rating or hub rating for them
          GT3s are not made in E30-friendly offsets.

The only Rota that will bolt up to an E30 and fit properly without spacers are the custom drilled Slipstreams from 18racing.com.

Comment

Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post
            Not even sure this is possible but...

15x7 ET12 on an IX??????

Can it be done with spacers?
            Not a chance. Spacers will make the situation worse.

Comment

Ok how about some Rota RB's from 18racing.. they dont have my offset for 16x7?!? Would 16x8 be a tight fit? (they do come in ET20)

Comment

Hey - Maybe someone can help me. I just scored a set of enkei 92s. They are 15'' in diameter but I don't know how wide. They currently have a 205 series tire. I'm thinking 15x7 - 8 at the most. Anyways, they are et0. What are my tire options? I'm running billy sports on eibachs - so maybe like a 1.5'' drop.

TIA
                "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
                  Ok how about some Rota RB's from 18racing.. they dont have my offset for 16x7?!? Would 16x8 be a tight fit? (they do come in ET20)

http://18racing.com/wheel_rb.html
                  Oh yeah, forgot about those Panasport reps. They just made some new E30 fitments.

The 15x7 ET25 57.1mm and the 16x8 ET20 will both fit ours cars well (4x100 for both, of course). The 16x8 won't be a problem with 205/50/16 tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
                    Hey - Maybe someone can help me. I just scored a set of enkei 92s. They are 15'' in diameter but I don't know how wide. They currently have a 205 series tire. I'm thinking 15x7 - 8 at the most. Anyways, they are et0. What are my tire options? I'm running billy sports on eibachs - so maybe like a 1.5'' drop.

TIA
                    With that offset, they will be flush or past the fenders, depending on width. Anything bigger than a 195/55/15 is going to require some heavy fender work.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                      With that offset, they will be flush or past the fenders, depending on width. Anything bigger than a 195/55/15 is going to require some heavy fender work.
                      They are indeed 15x7 et0. With 195 55 15s will I still need to roll my fenders alot?
                      "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

They are indeed 15x7 et0. With 195 55 15s will I still need to roll my fenders alot?
                        Yeah, quite a bit. It's a very aggressive fitment, if you bolt up the wheels you'll see it.

Comment

Yeah, quite a bit. It's a very aggressive fitment, if you bolt up the wheels you'll see it.
                          Yeah. The lip is pretty huge. I wonder if I can have some metal shaved off the mounting surface? Something like et13 would be ideal for me I think.

Comment

Yeah. The lip is pretty huge. I wonder if I can have some metal shaved off the mounting surface? Something like et13 would be ideal for me I think.
                            Before you proceed with that, you have to make sure you will have the caliper clearance afterwards. A lot of those super low offset wheels won't even clear the brakes without any machining.

Comment

Before you proceed with that, you have to make sure you will have the caliper clearance afterwards. A lot of those super low offset wheels won't even clear the brakes without any machining.
                              thanks alot for all of the quick responses. I'm going to test mount them today and see how I feel. They may be up for sale soon.

Comment

Ok how about this one...

Looking at 15" BBS RS's 001 in 4x100. The original offset was +25, but since then lips have been added to make the front 15x8 and the rears 15x8.5. I know this changes the offset.... but how we looking on a fitment for an e30? 205/50/15 for tires ok?

Dave
                                E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

Working...
                                X