Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    Hahaha not a chance homeboy.
    would a 205/55/15 fit or should I break down and build the wheel to 15x8 et 16?

Julien

rubby mc rub rub
    Last edited by Julien; 02-28-2009, 09:20 AM.
    Build Threads:
    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      Nicely. May need a very basic roll on the back, but don't bother doing it before trying it out. It'll just be right there with stock fenders.
      I made a mistake measuring the wheels.
      So officially, and now without a mistake this time...

16x8" BBS RS, et14
      Going to be running Ground Control coilovers.
      What's the best tire size for them?

Originally posted by Janderson
      you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Comment

16x6" wheel. Looking for a flush offset. What do you think? I am looking at a wheel right now with an offset of ET35+15mm hubcentric spacers.
        Last edited by M42Technik; 02-27-2009, 11:05 PM.
        Reminiscing...

Comment

Originally posted by M42Technik View Post
          16x6" wheel. Looking for a flush offset. What do you think? I am looking at a wheel right now with an offset of ET35+15mm hubcentric spacers.
          Not even kinda close. AlpineE30M52 had to go 16 x 9 ET 8 in front to get a "flush" fitment up front.

So 16 x 6, ET -18, is that right Jay?
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
            would a 205/55/15 fit or should I break down and build the wheel to 15x8 et 16?

Julien

rubby mc rub rub
            Easier with a 205/50/15. But still that'll be tough without pulling.

Comment

Originally posted by theox69 View Post
              I made a mistake measuring the wheels.
              So officially, and now without a mistake this time...

16x8" BBS RS, et14
              Going to be running Ground Control coilovers.
              What's the best tire size for them?
              lol, nice.

195/50/16, 205/45/16, 205/50/16, 215/40/16, 215/45/16 are all pretty easy to get on there, probably without any fender rolling at all.

Comment

You should just mount two of them. Per hub.

ET-a billion sounds right. I don't think you can ever make that look good, but I can't account for taste.

BTW I was staying at the Crowne Plaza in SS and spent a whole bunch of time crawling up and down downtown SS in traffic Valentine's weekend. I genuinely like the area though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Lepage View Post
                  I'm shopping lips and bolts for my BBS RS's and wondering if I go:

-15x8 et12 and 15x8.5 et06

or

-15x8.5 et06 and 15x9 et00

Here's 15x8 et12 and 9x15 et03

I need your opinion.

Bump...

My rear fenders are rolled by the way. I think it can be done cause 15x8.5 et06 is as wide as 16x9 et15 with 5mm spacers and a lots of people are running that setup. What are you thinking ?
                  Last edited by Jim Lepage; 03-01-2009, 07:47 AM.
                  E30S54 - Scale Suspension / Unix Performance Coilovers - 17x8 and 17x9 BBS E50

Comment

Looking at some 16x7.5 et 20 and 16x9 et 15...do I need spacers and what size tires would be correct?
                    1993 325ic Schwarz/Natur
                    1991 318is Black/Black - Slicktop - Project s52
                    1989 Alpine White/Black M3 S52
                    1988 Henna/Pearl M3 <3

Comment

Jay should I get myself some Linglongs? The name just screams quality.

Looking for a cheap 215/40/17.
                      Reminiscing...

Comment

perfect tire size for 17x7? et-37, it comes with 5mm hub? 1000 migilia? I posted in another threadbut got no replies

Im gettin new rubbers tomorrow.
                        thanks for help :D

Comment

Sorry tried searching but this thread is too big. I have a set of 17x7.5s. Don't know the offset but the fronts are not clearing if I use one of the balanced wheels with weights. What is my cheapest solution? And I was told I need a hubcentric spacers. How are these different from regular ones, and are H&R spacers hubcentric? Also what size do you guys recommend? Thanks
                          88 325is

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Lepage View Post
                            Bump...

My rear fenders are rolled by the way. I think it can be done cause 15x8.5 et06 is as wide as 16x9 et15 with 5mm spacers and a lots of people are running that setup. What are you thinking ?
                            It ends up being a fairly similar fitment, yes. With rolled fenders and 205/45 or 215/40 tires you should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyg View Post
                              Looking at some 16x7.5 et 20 and 16x9 et 15...do I need spacers and what size tires would be correct?
                              No spacers needed. For the rear 215/40/16 is the common choice, so for a matching front you'd want 195/45/16 (which is expensive and rare) or a 205/45/16 (much easier to find).

Comment

Jay should I get myself some Linglongs? The name just screams quality.

Looking for a cheap 215/40/17.
                                Just, no.

Federal 595. It's seriously an excellent tire. Sets of 4 on ebay for just over 200.

Comment

Working...
                                X