Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texase30 View Post
    perfect tire size for 17x7? Et-37, it comes with 5mm hub? 1000 migilia? I posted in another threadbut got no replies

im gettin new rubbers tomorrow.
    Thanks for help :d
    215/40/17.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristeun View Post
      Sorry tried searching but this thread is too big. I have a set of 17x7.5s. Don't know the offset but the fronts are not clearing if I use one of the balanced wheels with weights. What is my cheapest solution? And I was told I need a hubcentric spacers. How are these different from regular ones, and are H&R spacers hubcentric? Also what size do you guys recommend? Thanks
      Everything depends on the current offset of the wheels. Without that, it's hard to tell you anything unfortunately.

Where is it rubbing anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
        215/40/17.
        :(, i got this too late and i ordered set of 205/40/17... is that any problem?

Comment

Everything depends on the current offset of the wheels. Without that, it's hard to tell you anything unfortunately.

Where is it rubbing anyway?
          On the struts. It's only in the front though, and when using one of the wheels that have weights.
          88 325is

Comment

Originally posted by TexasE30 View Post
            :(, i got this too late and i ordered set of 205/40/17... is that any problem?
            Not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristeun View Post
              On the struts. It's only in the front though, and when using one of the wheels that have weights.
              Gotcha.

If they're 7.5" wide and touching the strut just barely, they're probably ET40. Get a set of 15mm spacers, you'll be fine. H&R is always the preferred.

Comment

88 325is

Comment

Don't really want to search through 141 pages for the answer to this simple question:

Will 13" wheels fit around the stock e30 disc brakes?

(1985 Arktisblau Metallic Euro 323i)--Track car

Comment

At the END!!

Well after the opinions of the members of the Forum here is the final stage of the car. I put 15X7 et12 wheels with 205/55/15 Continental Premium Contact2. I have lowered the car with 4cm APEX springs for 6cylinder BMWs. My car is 4cylinder so the final lower is smaller. However i had to roll the rear fenders, because with 4 passengers it was horrible. Maybe i should had put 205/50/15.:( Thanks all the members and especially Mystical.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by M40_316i; 03-07-2009, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Possible with a heavy rear roll and stiff suspension. I'd probably bring the front to ET20 just to balance it a bit.

BTW this is officially it for me guys. I'll be back the week of the 23rd!
                      So 235/40/17 would be a better rear option than 245/35 despite the diameter difference? Also, would 235/40 be horribly goofy on a 7.5" wheel in front? I have a set of yoko track tires kicking around my shop and I'm thinking about picking up the staggered SSR GT reps from Eurostop to stick them on.
                      '89 325is S50 Track Montser
                      '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

ARe 235/45/r17's too tall for an E30 with h&r sport springs (i think that makes like a 1.5-2" drop) ???
                        I wanna run 17" wheels with my 5 lug swap and i have a stack of 235/45/17 tires in the garage from my volkswagen which i would like to use but I have only seen guys running 235/40's on an E30.

Comment

sorry if its been posted already but 141 pages is alot to look through :)

I have an 89 325i and am looking at a 15/8 et20 wheel and was wondering if it will fit properly with a 225/50/15 tire. I will be running h&r race with bilstien sports. fenders have not been rolled. Will I need spaced, will I need to roll fenders or will they fit? Or should I just get a 15/7 and a 215/50/15 ?

Thanks in advance!
                          89 325i
                          05 Cooper S/500whp ( for sale )

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJ85 View Post
                            Don't really want to search through 141 pages for the answer to this simple question:

Will 13" wheels fit around the stock e30 disc brakes?
                            (looks to be no, but can somebody confirm this please?)

(1985 Arktisblau Metallic Euro 323i)--Track car

Comment

no, not unless you run massive spacers that pushed the wheels away from the brakes.

I've got one - I'm running 235/50-15 R888s on 15x7.5" wheels (I think ET34??). I love the look/feel and I'd like something with a similar diameter/width in a street tire, but I don't know if anything exists, especially since the R888 looks to be quite a bit wider than a standard 235 street tire (makes the 235's on the front of my friends E36 look like pizza cutters). I'd probably run them on a 15x8 (if I can sell my euroweaves).

And here I thought I'd never fit anything wider than a 225 on my car :)
                              Last edited by nando; 03-09-2009, 12:56 PM.
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I will measure the 225 RS2's I got, they are actually wider than the 225 RA1's (helped being on the 8" wheels though).

You going to do the IRDC track day in Bremerton on the 28th?

Comment

Working...
                                X