Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    I still need the wheel width, and what kind of touring it is...

7.5 wide rims E30 Touring 325

Thanks again
    Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Originally posted by cbouchez View Post
      7.5 wide rims E30 Touring 325

Thanks again
      I'll just assume it's not an iX. This is like pulling teeth for info!

It'll fit without rubbing.

Comment

hahaha... no IX just a 325 touring. I'm being difficult right?

thanks
        Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Either 215/40 all around or 235/40 all around. Might need 5mm front spacers with particularly wide 235s.
          Cool, thanks!

Nürburgring info

Comment

What size spacer should I run for 16x8 et2? And on the rim said is20 which is et20 right?

Comment

I hope this is not a repost (search didn't bring up anything). I am going to be running eibach pro springs and would really like to run a 16x8 et25 set of wheels. How nasty are clearance issues going to be? I have a decent set of 215/55/16 tires I wouldn't mind putting on but I could run a shorter sidewall if necessary to even get clearance.

Comment

I am currently running 17x10 et15 with a 225/35/17 outback with some roll and pull. I really want to get a 245/40/17 outback with a new wheel setup.

What is the optimal width and offset I should run to make 245/40/17 fit easily on a 91 late model 325i? Thanks.
                Last edited by e30 gangsta; 04-02-2013, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Spacer advise needed, 4x100 17x7.5 SSR Type C off of a Mini with 215/40R17 Goodyear Eagle F1's. I THINK they are ET42, but I really just bought them and brought them to the shop and dropped them off. I guess I should have looked at the offset. It was a CL find, so I just jumped on them. I guess I'll have to verify tomorrow.

Maybe I should not be a dumbass and actually have all the info before I post.

Comment

I'm currently on Kopi Alpina 17x7.5 with 215/40/17 tires. Just got my JOM coilovers in. I know the rear does not drop as much so I'm thinking I may not have to roll fenders in the rear. The tire looks almost flush with the front fender though. How low can I go?

Comment

Just FYI, your recommendation doesn't work. I picked up the ESM 16x9 same as I had mentioned and you recommended as well as the tire size. It rubbed the front wheel on the inside aginst my BC Coilovers. Now my wheels and coilovers are busted. :(

Originally posted by DetailAddict
                      looking at ESM-002R with the following setup...

Option 1:
                      16x9e15 w/ 215/40/16 box

Option 2:
                      16x8e20 w/205/45/16 and
                      16x9e15 w/215/40/16 stagger

anything i should avoid/watch out for? Will be going BC coilovers pretty much at the same time.

Go 16x9 all around for sure. Also, BC's are one of the rare coilovers that GAINS front inner clearance on these cars. No spacers needed. I'd suggest 205/45 though, it actually looks LESS stretched than the 215/40 and gives you some more ground clearance.

Comment

Looking for some advice on wheels. I am new to the E30 world, but very familiar with the E36,E39 etc...

Anyways...

My set up is 89 325i coupe with M50 swap.

Just purchased Ground control coilovers with Koni shocks...looking to run XXR 527s! I love that wheel and that is the one I would like to run! I need to know what I can run (either staggered or square) in respect to tires with either 16x8.25 et20...I hate stance!!!!!!!!!!!! I would like a nice street/track setup that does not rub (or rubs very minimal)... I am willing to pull/roll fenders to a certain deree...also I am leaning toward a 245 tire for the back...I know I have some adjustability with the GC kit, but i am also not going super low with it!

Thanks
                        Last edited by dzverko; 04-03-2013, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by '89e30 View Post
                          What size spacer should I run for 16x8 et2? And on the rim said is20 which is et20 right?
                          20 - 2 = 18

is20 usually means +20, but I've seen otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by rfields View Post
                            I hope this is not a repost (search didn't bring up anything). I am going to be running eibach pro springs and would really like to run a 16x8 et25 set of wheels. How nasty are clearance issues going to be? I have a decent set of 215/55/16 tires I wouldn't mind putting on but I could run a shorter sidewall if necessary to even get clearance.
                            3mm front spacers to clear the struts. 205/50, 205/45, 215/45, 225/45 tires are all acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by e30 gangsta View Post
                              I am currently running 17x10 et15 with a 225/35/17 outback with some roll and pull. I really want to get a 245/40/17 outback with a new wheel setup.

What is the optimal width and offset I should run to make 245/40/17 fit easily on a 91 late model 325i? Thanks.
                              17x8.5 +30 (rear only)

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                                Spacer advise needed, 4x100 17x7.5 SSR Type C off of a Mini with 215/40R17 Goodyear Eagle F1's. I THINK they are ET42, but I really just bought them and brought them to the shop and dropped them off. I guess I should have looked at the offset. It was a CL find, so I just jumped on them. I guess I'll have to verify tomorrow.

Maybe I should not be a dumbass and actually have all the info before I post.
                                GTFO Farbin.

Comment

Working...
                                X