Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CB-M3 View Post
    I'm currently on Kopi Alpina 17x7.5 with 215/40/17 tires. Just got my JOM coilovers in. I know the rear does not drop as much so I'm thinking I may not have to roll fenders in the rear. The tire looks almost flush with the front fender though. How low can I go?
    Post a pic. You can go quite low with that setup.

Comment

Originally posted by DetailAddict View Post
      Just FYI, your recommendation doesn't work. I picked up the ESM 16x9 same as I had mentioned and you recommended as well as the tire size. It rubbed the front wheel on the inside aginst my BC Coilovers. Now my wheels and coilovers are busted. :(
      Sorry to hear that! Was it rubbing against the spring perch? Moving the perch to a height where the wheel is not is vital. With BCs you can do this because the damper height is adjustable also.

We've set up 16x9 +15s on BCs at our shop, plenty of clearance and no issues. Again really sorry you're going through that.

Comment

Originally posted by dzverko View Post
        Looking for some advice on wheels. I am new to the E30 world, but very familiar with the E36,E39 etc...

Anyways...

My set up is 89 325i coupe with M50 swap.

Just purchased Ground control coilovers with Koni shocks...looking to run XXR 527s! I love that wheel and that is the one I would like to run! I need to know what I can run (either staggered or square) in respect to tires with either 16x8.25 et20...I hate stance!!!!!!!!!!!! I would like a nice street/track setup that does not rub (or rubs very minimal)... I am willing to pull/roll fenders to a certain deree...also I am leaning toward a 245 tire for the back...I know I have some adjustability with the GC kit, but i am also not going super low with it!

Thanks
        225/45/16 is the maximum. Rear fender roll necessary.

Comment

Dammit, they are 42.

Comment

no, actually it's hitting the threads. i had it test fitted on a late model e30 (mine is early) with exact same BC coilovers and same thing. maybe it's ESM 002r itself just a bit wider on their 16x9 +15?

Leo

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
            Sorry to hear that! Was it rubbing against the spring perch? Moving the perch to a height where the wheel is not is vital. With BCs you can do this because the damper height is adjustable also.

We've set up 16x9 +15s on BCs at our shop, plenty of clearance and no issues. Again really sorry you're going through that.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
              Dammit, they are 42.
              Either 15/20 stagger or 20mm spacers all around. I'd say the stagger looks better. Won't rub.

Comment

Originally posted by DetailAddict View Post
                no, actually it's hitting the threads. i had it test fitted on a late model e30 (mine is early) with exact same BC coilovers and same thing. maybe it's ESM 002r itself just a bit wider on their 16x9 +15?

Leo
                That's interesting. The 16x9 Borbets we used cleared with several mm to spare. I didn't take any pics of the clearance but here's the car, 16x9 205/45 square with no spacers. BC BR.

Comment

^ What tires are those?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                  Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Have a fitment question but first I just wanted thank you for an awesome thread. Looks like you've spent countless hours answering these fitment questions for the community, and it's much appreciated.

I've searched through the thread but there's so much info it got a little hard to follow, so I apologize if this has already been answered.

I'm looking to run a staggered set up

16x8 et18
                    16x9 et20

I'm pretty low on GC coilovers with stock housing length.

What would be the optimal tire size to run on these and spacer size if needed (I was thinking 5mm in the rear)? I would be willing to roll fenders if need be for a nice flush fit.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                      ^ What tires are those?
                      912s

Comment

Originally posted by red325ix View Post
                        Have a fitment question but first I just wanted thank you for an awesome thread. Looks like you've spent countless hours answering these fitment questions for the community, and it's much appreciated.

I've searched through the thread but there's so much info it got a little hard to follow, so I apologize if this has already been answered.

I'm looking to run a staggered set up

16x8 et18
                        16x9 et20

I'm pretty low on GC coilovers with stock housing length.

What would be the optimal tire size to run on these and spacer size if needed (I was thinking 5mm in the rear)? I would be willing to roll fenders if need be for a nice flush fit.

Thanks!
                        Yeah just ask away, I enjoy my time here.

I'm going to recommend tire sizes knowing they're hard to find and almost impossible to find a matching set. You'll have to make your own decisions on where to compromise there.

F 205/45
                        R 225/40
                        or
                        F 195/45
                        R 205/45 + 5mm spacer
                        or
                        F 195/45 + 10-12mm spacer
                        R 205/45 + 15mm spacer + rolled rear fenders

Comment

that looks really nice and would be a setup i dig. unfortunately mine does not look anything like that (rear does). Front is poking out good amount and true on a 89 325i as well.

oh well... not trying to turn it into an internet argument or anything. just thought you might know for my particular config, it doesn't look like that, unfortunately. i do understand the game of "you play, you pay"... so yeah...

Leo

That's interesting. The 16x9 Borbets we used cleared with several mm to spare. I didn't take any pics of the clearance but here's the car, 16x9 205/45 square with no spacers. BC BR.

Comment

Originally posted by dzverko View Post
                            Looking for some advice on wheels. I am new to the E30 world, but very familiar with the E36,E39 etc...

Anyways...

My set up is 89 325i coupe with M50 swap.

Just purchased Ground control coilovers with Koni shocks...looking to run XXR 527s! I love that wheel and that is the one I would like to run! I need to know what I can run (either staggered or square) in respect to tires with either 16x8.25 et20...I hate stance!!!!!!!!!!!! I would like a nice street/track setup that does not rub (or rubs very minimal)... I am willing to pull/roll fenders to a certain deree...also I am leaning toward a 245 tire for the back...I know I have some adjustability with the GC kit, but i am also not going super low with it!

Thanks
                            225/45/16 is the maximum. Rear fender roll necessary.
                            Mystikal, thanks for the info! What about if i run a 17" wheel? What size max tire can i fit?

Thanks again!

Comment

sorta noobie. 1992 mtech2 325i vert looking to buy a set of bbs rx214's 16x7 et35, i have billy sport and h&r sports about 1.25" lower. wanting to run 205/45/16 on it all around. dont like stretched look. this is for a performance street setup and filling wheel gap. how will this look? and do i need rear, both, or no fenders rolled? Any spacers needed?
                              Last edited by dubtechnic; 04-08-2013, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Total noob here. I'm looking to get a set of custom wheels made for my 89 325i. I want to run 16x8 fronts and 16x9 rears. What would be the ideal offset for these? What tire size would I want to run? I appreciate all the help that and info that you supply to us noobs.

Comment

Working...
                                X