Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gkurey View Post
    Mystikal, here is my setup that you helped advise me on. Thanks...took a little more work than we discussed, but it came out awesome!

Glad to hear! 205/50/15s at +7 is a little aggressive maybe I shouldn't have been so nonchalant.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Smoodiver View Post
      17x8.5/9.5 Et13 all round, E30 M3 suspension, pre-fl car. Tyre / spacer suggestions?
      205/40 225/35 is perfect. Fitment should be gorgeous without spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
        205/50s will be too tall to work on 16x8.5" wheels.You can easily make it all work with 205/45s and the 20mm adapters. Even 215/45s.
        Apparently this guy is running 205/50s in the rear and 195/50s in the front and MTurbines are 16x8.5 IRC.

I like the whole set up and the meatiness of it, would it really be that hard to run 205/50s all around?

Comment

205/40 225/35 is perfect. Fitment should be gorgeous without spacers.
          Thank you sir

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
          RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

My brain melted after 32 pages...
            Can I get a set of 15x7.5 with a 32 offset to fit my 89 325i lowered on h&r race springs?

I don't mind spacers but fender rolling is out of the question.
            (tire size is 195/50/15)

Comment

E30 Vert/E30 M3 5 Lug Swap
              BBS RS 005 ET11 Front 16x8 Rear 16x8.5
              Front 5.5 Barrel 2.5 Lip
              Rear 5.5 Barrel 3 Lip

In need of flush tires (or close to flush) without rubbing or a fender role.

What would be my new offset?
              Last edited by GT BMW E30; 11-21-2013, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brezzi View Post
                Apparently this guy is running 205/50s in the rear and 195/50s in the front and MTurbines are 16x8.5 IRC.

I like the whole set up and the meatiness of it, would it really be that hard to run 205/50s all around?
                Yup. That's likely why he's running 195s in the front, and it's still pretty high to clear (205/45s are shorter than even 195/50s).

Comment

Originally posted by essi1553 View Post
                  My brain melted after 32 pages...
                  Can I get a set of 15x7.5 with a 32 offset to fit my 89 325i lowered on h&r race springs?

I don't mind spacers but fender rolling is out of the question.
                  (tire size is 195/50/15)
                  Depends on the thickness of the sidewall protector on the tire. I'd say you have a 50/50 shot, but even if it cleared it would be by a hair.

Cheap safe choice: 3mm front spacers, keep everything else
                  Better safe choice: 15mm spacers and extended bolts all around

Comment

Originally posted by GT BMW E30 View Post
                    Front 5.5 Barrel 2.5 Lip
                    Rear 5.5 Barrel 3 Lip

-2 front, -8 rear. Too aggressive for E30 M3 5 lug IMO.

Comment

Depends on the thickness of the sidewall protector on the tire. I'd say you have a 50/50 shot, but even if it cleared it would be by a hair.

Cheap safe choice: 3mm front spacers, keep everything else
                      Better safe choice: 15mm spacers and extended bolts all around
                      Thank you!

I'll let you know how they turn out, i know I need hub-centric spacers either way, these hubs are bigger....

Comment

Front 5.5 Barrel 2.5 Lip
                        Rear 5.5 Barrel 3 Lip

-2 front, -8 rear. Too aggressive for E30 M3 5 lug IMO.
                        I did a quick measurement to compare fitment of my current wheels to the BBS fitment. 7.5x16 5x120 et40 with 20mm spacers. I measured from the hub face of rotor to end of lip on the OZ. Then measured the BBS from center back to edge of lip. Distance seem to be the same. Is it safe to they will fit the same? Should I run a 205/45/16? 195/40 or 45 I think is too small.

Comment

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment T...

Hey, Im looking to put my set of staggered ESM 002 7.5/9 with a set of m3 springs + tokiko adjustables. Does anyone have pics of there car with the 002's on them looking for a 225 45 16 but im not sure if that would be to much or to little. If anyone has a similar setup photos would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a pic of one of the rears with 205 40 16

The person I bought them from had 205 40 16's all around but thats too much stretch for me in the rear. Also since I wont get enough drop from the springs I'm looking for a good combo to fill in the gap nicely.
                          Last edited by NJ2.5rser; 11-24-2013, 01:12 PM.

Comment

I had some questions on wheel sizing I want to fill the gaps.
                            I have read up about sizing/stretch but the PO installed Blitstein sports and vogtland springs so i'm not sure what will fit with my height, I'm sorry for the crappy post but i had wrote a very detailed one a couple minutes ago and my computer updated, soo after my tantrum. I'm writing this very basic vague Post, I'm sorry..

Right now, it sits on some type of Borbet 14" with 185/70/14 snow tires for the winter setup.

My goal is to fill in the gap inside the wheel well with more metal and some stretch, but i dont want to compromise my suspension, I know that any wheel 14-16 will fit et20
                            But i want to have that flush, stanced look. As of now Im thinking 17s are overkill with my setup suspension wise. I dont want to look like a donk but more Of a filled in wheel well while staying low. I just want to know what you would do If you had my current setup? I want Small tire to wheel ratio.

First R3v post, please take it easy on me

This is my current stance

I want to fill in the gap with bigger rims and stretch without raising my ride height if at all possible. What would you do with my car? Hoping to get any input/pics ect.. I'm hoping to get my car sitting right before i get it sprayed this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by GT BMW E30 View Post
                              Front 5.5 Barrel 2.5 Lip
                              Rear 5.5 Barrel 3 Lip

I did a quick measurement to compare fitment of my current wheels to the BBS fitment. 7.5x16 5x120 et40 with 20mm spacers. I measured from the hub face of rotor to end of lip on the OZ. Then measured the BBS from center back to edge of lip. Distance seem to be the same. Is it safe to they will fit the same? Should I run a 205/45/16? 195/40 or 45 I think is too small.
                              Nothing short of a complete rebuild of those wheels is going to help them fit inside of non-M fenders. The offsets are way too low.

Comment

Originally posted by Prod. 7/87 View Post
                                I had some questions on wheel sizing I want to fill the gaps.
                                I have read up about sizing/stretch but the PO installed Blitstein sports and vogtland springs so i'm not sure what will fit with my height, I'm sorry for the crappy post but i had wrote a very detailed one a couple minutes ago and my computer updated, soo after my tantrum. I'm writing this very basic vague Post, I'm sorry..

Right now, it sits on some type of Borbet 14" with 185/70/14 snow tires for the winter setup.

My goal is to fill in the gap inside the wheel well with more metal and some stretch, but i dont want to compromise my suspension, I know that any wheel 14-16 will fit et20
                                But i want to have that flush, stanced look. As of now Im thinking 17s are overkill with my setup suspension wise. I dont want to look like a donk but more Of a filled in wheel well while staying low. I just want to know what you would do If you had my current setup? I want Small tire to wheel ratio.

First R3v post, please take it easy on me

This is my current stance

I want to fill in the gap with bigger rims and stretch without raising my ride height if at all possible. What would you do with my car? Hoping to get any input/pics ect.. I'm hoping to get my car sitting right before i get it sprayed this summer.
                                Read any reply in the thread for ideas. Just about everything I said will fit an E30 will fit at your height.

Comment

Working...
                                X