Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much spacer do you recommend for a 17x7 BBS RK ET 42 with a 215/40/17 tire?

Comment

They're just too tall to fit the front without hacking out the fenders. Rears are possible with the +25 wheels, being fairly high, and fender pulling.

Overall, 17x8 +25 all around makes more sense. You can run a 235/40 front to get turn-in grip.
      depends on what you think fairly high is i guess...

Click image for larger version

Name:	005-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	7165488

this ride height sits nice with me and these are 17x8 et 25 with 235/40/17. so a 235/45 should work on a +25 as well as rolling? and i have a old model rear arches...

As for the fronts I'll do the same sizes and just accept the SLR longer LCA's will stuff everything up haha.

Thanks!
      sigpic
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=322351

Comment

Originally posted by BTG View Post
        Hey guys. First time poster and first time e30 owner here. I just picked up a 1991 318is that is bone stock, so I'm starting from scratch on this thing.
        I'm going with 40mm lowering springs and the e90 drop hat in the front for about a 2" drop and just a 40mm (1.5") drop in the rear (all ordered, here soon hopefully). I already have some 225 50 15's for the rear, not sure about the front yet, maybe 205 50 15 for a staggered look? My question for you guys is: I'm pretty set on ordering Diamond Racing Pro Street steelies, 7" front and 8" rear. The 7" doesn't have a lot of offest options, 0 is the highest you can go, and the rear works in increments of 12 (-12, 0, +12). Does anyone have any experience with them? I've read they need spacers in the front to clear the caliper bracket, which would throw my offset calcs off. I want a really flush look without too much camber or dinking around. I don't mind rolling fenders, I just want the car to sit pretty and still be driveable. Thanks for reading!
        Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
        Your rear tires are huge, and will limit you. You need +25 offset wheels to fit those, and you won't have the fitment you're looking for.

I'd go 15x7 +0 15x8 +12, 195/50 205/50. Fender rolling needed.
        Thank you so much dude! I owe you an internet beer for sure. Just one last question: I'm having an easier time sourcing 16" tires (gonna go with the 195/50 front and 205/45 rear). So I'm wondering if these same numbers still apply to 16" wheels. Again, thank you sooooooo much!

Comment

Jay,

Kudos for 7 years of public service on this thread! I am setting up a late model convertible and removing the PO's mods. Suspension will be H&R OE sports with KYB shocks & struts. Was planning on running some cheap 16X8 ET20 wheels with Hankook RS3's in 225-50-16. I know these are tall tires, but the OE sports are tall springs. With rolled fenders all around, will these tall/fat tires fit? Will be autocrossing, so I will likely be using up lots of suspension travel. Will also use the car on jeep trails to access trailheads in the Sierra Nevada, so could use all the ground clearance I can get.

edit: I'm running neg 2 degrees front camber (fixed plates) in front and maybe 1/2 degree in the rear.

Thanks - Tim
          Last edited by funcrew; 05-06-2014, 11:18 PM.
          "If the sky were to fall tomorrow, the tall would die first."

-Dr. Paul Forrester

Do I LOOK like I need a psychological evaluation???

Comment

Originally posted by steven g View Post
            Will 15x7 iX ET41 wheels fit a non ix without spacers ?
            If spacers are needed - what size ?

Thanks
            No. You can run them with just a 5mm up front but they look funny. I'd recommend 20mm spacers all around.

Comment

Originally posted by nick_318is View Post
              How much spacer do you recommend for a 17x7 BBS RK ET 42 with a 215/40/17 tire?
              20mm x 4

Comment

Originally posted by drift e302 View Post
                depends on what you think fairly high is i guess...

[ATTACH]84411[/ATTACH]

this ride height sits nice with me and these are 17x8 et 25 with 235/40/17. so a 235/45 should work on a +25 as well as rolling? and i have a old model rear arches...

As for the fronts I'll do the same sizes and just accept the SLR longer LCA's will stuff everything up haha.

Thanks!
                Yes, I know the offset of the ARC-8s well. Who do you think they asked when it was time to create them 5 years back? ;)

I'm not 100% on the 235/45 rear fitment as it's ungodly tall for an E30. With high rear arches, a fender roller, and adjustable ride height I'm sure you can get it to work though.

Comment

Originally posted by BTG View Post
                  Thank you so much dude! I owe you an internet beer for sure. Just one last question: I'm having an easier time sourcing 16" tires (gonna go with the 195/50 front and 205/45 rear). So I'm wondering if these same numbers still apply to 16" wheels. Again, thank you sooooooo much!
                  Yup, same offsets work for 16s. Thanks for quoting everything, saves me time.

Comment

Originally posted by funcrew View Post
                    Jay,

Kudos for 7 years of public service on this thread! I am setting up a late model convertible and removing the PO's mods. Suspension will be H&R OE sports with KYB shocks & struts. Was planning on running some cheap 16X8 ET20 wheels with Hankook RS3's in 225-50-16. I know these are tall tires, but the OE sports are tall springs. With rolled fenders all around, will these tall/fat tires fit? Will be autocrossing, so I will likely be using up lots of suspension travel. Will also use the car on jeep trails to access trailheads in the Sierra Nevada, so could use all the ground clearance I can get.

edit: I'm running neg 2 degrees front camber (fixed plates) in front and maybe 1/2 degree in the rear.

Thanks - Tim
                    Won't fit, you need 225/45s. Even then, fender roll in the rear is necessary.

Comment

I know on the paper the tires won't fit, but im running GC and lowered a decent amount running 16x8 et20 with 225/50 tires. A roll in the rear I would be fine and a roll+pull I'd be fine in the front. I'm currently running no roll or pull and the front rubs on bumps, rear never rubs unless I have 3+ people.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
                        I know on the paper the tires won't fit, but im running GC and lowered a decent amount running 16x8 et20 with 225/50 tires. A roll in the rear I would be fine and a roll+pull I'd be fine in the front. I'm currently running no roll or pull and the front rubs on bumps, rear never rubs unless I have 3+ people.
                        I hear you, but a whole lot of setups "work" if rubbing counts. A 24.9" tire is just too tall.

Comment

Well, with some work it will fit im sure, 225/45 is definitely the better size tires. I also have early model rear arches which helps.

Comment

20mm x 4
                            Thanks!

Comment

Yes, I know the offset of the ARC-8s well. Who do you think they asked when it was time to create them 5 years back? ;)

I'm not 100% on the 235/45 rear fitment as it's ungodly tall for an E30. With high rear arches, a fender roller, and adjustable ride height I'm sure you can get it to work though.
                              okay +25 it is! =)

Thanks mate, really appreciate it!
                              sigpic
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=322351

Comment

Does anyone know where I can get H&R DR 10mm spacers (4x100 bolt, center bore 57.1)? Also, what would be the best 72.56mm to 57.1mm hubcentric rings I could get and where? I want to use them for my e38 style 5s (soon to be filled and redrilled).

Would it be easier to just go with 8mm spacers? Will there be any clearance issues with the e38 style 5s? And if 8mm are fine, would these spacers from motorsporthardware be sufficient?
                                Last edited by Mohit; 05-08-2014, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X