Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    Depends on the offset of the wheels.
    Thanks. They are ET12 15x7 Alpina reps.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalcox View Post
      Hi,

I just picked up a set of 16x8 et25 wheels for my daily driven '88 e30. The setup on my car includes H&R Race springs, camber plates, m3 cab's.

The general consensus seems that 225/45's will be the way to go (I am also open to other less aggressive tire options) but I wanted to double check if the additional purchase of spacers will be needed.

I'm also assuming some fender rolling will be needed as well.

Thanks for any help in advance,
      Justin
      You will need 5mm front spacers to clear the struts. Otherwise good to go. 225/45s fit fine, often without a roll at that offset.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
        Thanks. They are ET12 15x7 Alpina reps.
        You're asking about the fitment of the 15x8s but gave me the offset of the others...

Comment

I went ahead and bought the 15x7 square set.

Comment

You will need 5mm front spacers to clear the struts. Otherwise good to go. 225/45s fit fine, often without a roll at that offset.
            Thanks Jay for the quick response back, I really appreciate it.

Have a good one,
            Justin

Comment

18x8J ET20 & 18x9J ET24
              18mm adapter in the front & 20mm adapter in the rear (or 20mm fr an r)
              Pretty low suspension wise
              Early model vert. Salvage title. Fenders and paint don't matter.
              How could someone make this a thing? RollnPull fnders a loooot? Fender flares? Tire sizes?
              Last edited by mbonanni; 06-12-2015, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
                18x8J ET20 & 18x9J ET24
                18mm adapter in the front & 20mm adapter in the rear (or 20mm fr an r)
                Pretty low suspension wise
                Early model vert. Salvage title. Fenders and paint don't matter.
                How could someone make this a thing? RollnPull fnders a loooot? Fender flares? Tire sizes?
                Lots of rolling, might need a slight pull. Front camber plates would help tuck them in a bit. 215/35 all around is best, you could do 225/35 rears but more pulling would be necessary. There is no 40 series tire that fits don't try even if you have a stack of 16 of them.

Enjoy your Style 5s / M Parallels / Style 32s. ;)

Comment

Camber plates will be installed. And sshhhh don't give it away ;)

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Completely stock ride height, what is the widest 16" tire and offset (or range) that can be run without spacers, zero fender roll and absolutely no rubbing anywhere?
                    Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Your resource to tools and tips: www.rtstools.com

Comment

Hello Jay,

Do you know if these http://newhaven.craigslist.org/pts/5058565517.html would fit an 87 with lowering springs.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by noid View Post
                        Completely stock ride height, what is the widest 16" tire and offset (or range) that can be run without spacers, zero fender roll and absolutely no rubbing anywhere?
                        16x7.5, +20 to +28, 225/45.

Comment

Originally posted by manicho View Post
                          Hello Jay,

Do you know if these http://newhaven.craigslist.org/pts/5058565517.html would fit an 87 with lowering springs.

Thank you.
                          Hey, those would require spacers to fit an E30. 15mm/20mm would be nice.

Comment

16x7.5, +20 to +28, 225/45.
                            You're the man.
                            Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Your resource to tools and tips: www.rtstools.com

Comment

Can anyone confirm if this offset would fit a 325is E30? I'm looking into purchasing a set of BBS RS wheels tomorrow. I'm not a wheel guy so any help would be great thanks!

Thanks

16x8 ET20/16x9 ET24

Comment

Originally posted by 89DelphinE30 View Post
                                Can anyone confirm if this offset would fit a 325is E30? I'm looking into purchasing a set of BBS RS wheels tomorrow. I'm not a wheel guy so any help would be great thanks!

Thanks

16x8 ET20/16x9 ET24
                                Whoever built those created about the perfect set of 16" RS' for an E30. Just...perfect.

Comment

Working...
                                X