Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Midweste30 View Post
    I just bought 4 ESM 16X9 et15 wheels and I want to run 245/45/16s all round. I don't want to run flares. How hard will this be to accomplish? I assume there will be plenty of rolling and pulling to do. But the question is: Is it possible?
    Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    The fender lines would not resemble a stock E30 AT ALL anymore. I've seen it done on track-rat auto-x cars and that's it. You'd butcher the car.
    I'm looking at buying 4 16x9 et15 wheels but I'm looking for the safe tire size to run with no stretching. I was thinking 225/45 as the car does have lowering springs
    1990 325i Cashmere Beige

"I don't like question marks. They're like exclamation points, but think they're fancy because they're curved. I won't tolerate it." -MNChiefsan

Comment

Hey Jay
      Got a question for you mate.
      17x8 ET20 - square set up. The guards are both rolled and pulled. The car is lowered on KE V2.

What is the best tyre combo I can fit on there?
      215/40/17 f, 245/35/18 r
      225/40/17 f, 245/35/18 r

Or anything else you suggest ����
      E30 318is S50B32 powered
      sigpic

Comment

Fitment question

1992 318i cabrio e30
        16x8 et +20
        Pretty low

Do I have to roll/pull my fenders?
        Do I need spacers?
        Tire size?

Thanks!

Gabe

Comment

Hi guys! Got 5 lug swap on my e30 with e36 m3 front and e36 compact rear, so have a question. Now installed 18" 8.5 9.5 et40 barracudas, front 225 40 18, rear 255 35 18, picture attached, so having no issues with them, rear fenders rolled, Bought new 17"Oz futura, 9j et 38 front and 10.5j et38 rear, picture attached. Front I think will fit well, so questions about rear. Will the inner part fit or not and will reach shock or trailing arm? Anyone with setup like this?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by BMWfanz; 02-01-2016, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulow View Post
            Hey there,

Planning on fitting the next set up:
            - 15x7 style 4s ET20 w/ 205/55 r15 tires
            - 18mm 4x100 to 5x120 adapters up front
            - 318ti complete trailing arms

The car is a 87' 318i euro specs (high arches) sitting on M sport suspension (OEM option). Will be running H&R race and bilstein sport later if it fits.
            What do you guys think about this ?

Thanks in advance for help
            Would rub badly. Need higher offset wheels to start with.

Comment

Originally posted by MTD View Post
              Reporting with results. With 205/45s and 3mm spacer it all fits. Tight fit, but just enough clearance. This guy's a wizard.
              Happy it worked out!

Comment

Originally posted by gart View Post
                Got some 16x8 et20's square coming. Wondering about tire options. I can do a little rolling or trimming if needed but want a meetier look for the tire. Saw some 215/40/16 dint look for 215/45 yet, would that fit, or should I go 205/50-55/16? Want to keep the odometer close to accurate. Will be on ground controls and i don't want to be slammed. Looking for no to little stretch if possible.
                205/50 or 215/45 would look great and not need rolling. 225/45s would fit with a roll also. None would appear stretched AT ALL.

Comment

Actually... Today i noticed that above 70kph the steering wheel starts shaking, and the car starts swerving a bit to the sides. Is this due to the fitment? What could be the problem?
                  Make sure the front wheels are centered. Snug all 4 bolts down with no load on the tires then lower it down again and torque as normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Blake B View Post
                    I'm looking at buying 4 16x9 et15 wheels but I'm looking for the safe tire size to run with no stretching. I was thinking 225/45 as the car does have lowering springs
                    Not possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Brisbane E30 View Post
                      Hey Jay
                      Got a question for you mate.
                      17x8 ET20 - square set up. The guards are both rolled and pulled. The car is lowered on KE V2.

What is the best tyre combo I can fit on there?
                      215/40/17 f, 245/35/18 r
                      225/40/17 f, 245/35/18 r

Or anything else you suggest ����
                      I'm assuming you meant 17".

215/40s are the largest that will fit without rubbing, front or rear.

Comment

Make sure the front wheels are centered. Snug all 4 bolts down with no load on the tires then lower it down again and torque as normal.
                        Yep the wheels aren't centered. The adapter I got to center the wheel is a little loose. It's 73mm but the wheel is 74mm. Japan racing needs to up their game and make their wheels a little more perfect. I'll have to make a custom adapter from aluminum.

I need to do it for all wheels right, not just the front ones?

Comment

Originally posted by BMWfanz View Post
                          Hi guys! Got 5 lug swap on my e30 with e36 m3 front and e36 compact rear, so have a question. Now installed 18" 8.5 9.5 et40 barracudas, front 225 40 18, rear 255 35 18, picture attached, so having no issues with them, rear fenders rolled, Bought new 17"Oz futura, 9j et 38 front and 10.5j et38 rear, picture attached. Front I think will fit well, so questions about rear. Will the inner part fit or not and will reach shock or trailing arm? Anyone with setup like this?
                          I think the rears may touch the inner body. I believe the Ti hubs add about 6-7mm per side, but you still need another 10-12mm IMO. Front will also be paper thin to the struts.

Comment

Yep the wheels aren't centered. The adapter I got to center the wheel is a little loose. It's 73mm but the wheel is 74mm. Japan racing needs to up their game and make their wheels a little more perfect. I'll have to make a custom adapter from aluminum.

I need to do it for all wheels right, not just the front ones?
                            Yeah, seen that happen a lot. Throw some tape in there for now while you make the new rings, 1mm is nothing. I once used layered electrical tape to close a 72.6-80mm gap on all four wheels before a 2000mi road trip. Worked like a charm. You should do it for all 4.

Comment

Yeah, seen that happen a lot. Throw some tape in there for now while you make the new rings, 1mm is nothing. I once used layered electrical tape to close a 72.6-80mm gap on all four wheels before a 2000mi road trip. Worked like a charm. You should do it for all 4.
                              ooh yeah, good thinking! Thanks!

Comment

So I'm thinking about getting some 15x8 Advanti storm S1 wheels with 205/50r15 kumho tires. I'm on h&r race springs with bilstein sport shocks and struts. My fenders are rolled to accommodate for the 16x8 (xxr 530) wheels and 225/50r16 bridgestone tires I have on now. There is still a good bit of rubbing with the 16s on. Do you think I'll have any trouble with the 15s and smaller tires? Thanks.
                                Last edited by KnockOffBrand; 02-02-2016, 12:42 PM. Reason: edit: clarification
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X