Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blck325is View Post
    Late model e30, IE3's and Billy sports with one coil cut off the front, rolled front fenders, slightly pulled and rolled rears. Need to know the biggest tire I can fit with some 16x8 et 12 wheels, thanks.
    Probably 215/45.

Comment

Originally posted by MrGreen View Post
      Hi Guys,
      I've looked all over this thread and can't find my exact situation. I have a '93 vert with M52 on Bilstein Sports and H&R Sport springs. Putting 16x8 ESM-002r (+20 offset) on. I want the biggest tire that won't rub and without fender roll. I don't like the stretched look. What's best? Also will I need spacers anywhere? Thanks in advance!
      205/50 no spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by vvaughn View Post
        hi guys im looking at a set of bbs rs rs174 which are 5x114. The offset is +33. Wheels are 16x7 i am currently stock w the 4x100 set up. the rubber on the wheels are 225/50/16. im wondering with a set of adapters and without rolling fenders can this be done or am i going to be rubbing like crazy. i have a stock 88 vert which is getting ground controls next month as well. any info would be fantastic . thanks again guys
        18mm adapters and 205/50 tires. Won't work with existing rubber.

Comment

Originally posted by cbake82 View Post
          So i bought ix weeves when i had my ix, now i have an 87 i. I tried to put the ix weeves on the i and it hit the front strut towers. These are ix offsets and im not sure what size of spacer i would need and how safe it is to use them on a daily. I need to figure this out fast as i have my studs on still and its now past the removal date here in oregon, and dont want or need a ticket. Please help. Tires are 205/55/r15
          5mm front is all you need to clear. But they look terrible like that. 15mm front 20mm rear would be best.

Comment

Originally posted by RobE30 View Post
            Not really a fitment question, just how a tire will fit on the rim question.

I'm throwing together a 91 GTi for my wife as a surprise birthday present and need to get tires for the 16x7 wheels. OE rolling diameter is 22.6, I was looking at (recommended by local VW shop) 195/50r16 or 205/45r16. I know they both will be slightly larger in diameter than stock but which would be better for the car?

I know it's a dub in question but I figure I'd get a better response here than stretch dubs anonymous.

Thanks
            I'd go shorter on that car. 195/45 or 205/40.

Comment

Originally posted by JuZap_240 View Post
              Hey there guys I have a question....

I have brought wheels to fit my 1989 318i done a 5 lug swap running e30 m3 front struts....In the back using a e30 m3 hubs but don't know a good coilover system that works...(and don't know if I'm going to make it a true system as well)

As for wheel specs ill be running 18x8 in the front with 20mm offset and in the rear 18x9 24mm offset...doing a brake upgrade as well but don't know what to run as well for clearing the rim and performance with my s54 swap

I'll appreciate if you guys can also tell me what's a good size tire to run with them..was thinking of 255/55/18

Diff is a 3.73 lsd with a 420g Getrag 6 speed

CHEERS GUYS
              The wheels are too low of an offset for what you're looking for. You will be limited to 215/35 and 225/35 tires.

Comment

Originally posted by nick526 View Post
                15x7.5 et 22.5 OZ Fittipaldis

How does 225/45R15 sound?
                Perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Panici View Post
                  Any FIRST HAND experience with 205/60r15 on Euroweaves?

Yes I know they are a larger diameter then stock. Yes I know 205/55r15 is the equivalent size I should run.

Here's my setup. Think I have a chance of making these fit?
                  • Euroweaves (15x7 - ET 24)
                  • Early model (high rear arches)
                  • Mild drop with H&R Sports.
                  • 4x 15mm spacers I can run if needed.
                  • E90 drop hats in the front, which I can take out.
                  • E30 M3 offset CABs (which push the front wheels forward)

I'm ok with mild rubbing at full lock.
                  It would definitely rub the wheel wells during sharp turns, and might catch a front fender with the right bump/angle combination. Just buy the proper size, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Streichholzschächtelchen View Post
                    Early model, looking to fit the widest meats possible on my fzero1 fatlaces. 15x8.5 et15 fronts, 15x9.5 et15 rears. Willig to roll fenders, not looking to pull fenders.
                    205/50 is the limit. If 215/45 existed (pretty sure it doesn't, didn't check) that would work for the rears. Otherwise that's a VERY aggressive wheel setup.

Comment

New to bmw e30 family i have e30 325i with 5 lug conver. and i want to see if i can fit 17x8.5 et 25-30 on all 4 corners and how big tires. Sorry if im asking same question. THX

Comment

Ok forgive me if I sound completely lots but just trying to get an understanding of bore offset and what not for the E30. I am wanting to run a 17 inch wheel on an '88 325 . I understand the bolt pattern is 4X100. But where I am confused is the bore hub. Here take these wheels http://www.ebay.com/itm/17-4x100-4x1...RW1dzV&vxp=mtr

Would these wheels need spacers in order to fit?
                        or these ?

Comment

Hey guys quick question. Just got my 91 318i 4dr. Just wondering if 15x9 +0 wheels would fit under stock body with rolled fenders or do I need flares. Wanting to run 225/45/15 toyo r888s. Thanks for any and all input. New to the e30 game lol.
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Daily: 06 Chevy Colorado (wannabe racetruck)
                          Drift/Track Car: 91 Bmw 318i 4dr

Comment

Originally posted by Reub_e30 View Post
                            Hey guys quick question. Just got my 91 318i 4dr. Just wondering if 15x9 +0 wheels would fit under stock body with rolled fenders or do I need flares. Wanting to run 225/45/15 toyo r888s. Thanks for any and all input. New to the e30 game lol.

hahahahahahahaha NO not even close
                            -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                            08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                            318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                            '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                            Originally posted by roguetoaster
                            Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                              hahahahahahahaha NO not even close
                              Well then flares it is lol
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Daily: 06 Chevy Colorado (wannabe racetruck)
                              Drift/Track Car: 91 Bmw 318i 4dr

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                                The wheels are too low of an offset for what you're looking for. You will be limited to 215/35 and 225/35 tires.
                                Ok then with those tires will they fit on the car?? Or will I run into any problems....guards are going to get rolled

Comment

Working...
                                X