Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Style 5 Fitment

I have a 87 325is I have 20mm adapters for my style 5's 17x8 et20 with solid offset control arm bushings. What size tire can I run the front and the rear has 12mm solid riser bushings for the subframe there for less camber. Im also running H&R Race Springs. I have roller fenders.. I plan on drifting and aggressively driving the car so NO RUBBING ALOUD!!!!!!!!! lol
    -Jimmy

Comment

Okay guys, I need to know how much spacer I need. I ordered a set of kamotors ultrawides so I'm not too worried about poke, but here's the question. The wheels I got are a 17x10 square setup with a +15 et. I already run a 5mm spacer up front to clear basketweaves on my coilovers. What size spacer will I need to fit the fronts?
      Originally posted by Vokuhila
      I laughed, and then I serioused

Comment

I'm looking at possibly running a set of klutch sl1's in a 15x8.5 et17 spec. What tire size would be best? Ideally I'd like to run a thicker sidewall 50/55? Thoughts? My car has the gc coilover spring kit/bilstein sports. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Instagram:@e30_henry :D

Comment

4x100 to 5x120 18mm adapters, 89 325I on H&R Sport Springs w/Bilstein Sports. Looking at E38 Style 5's 16x8 wheels. Will they fit with without rolling fenders? Tire size?
          sigpic
          Steve Corbett
          1983 528E Scrapped
          1983 528E Sold
          1984 745I
          1984 325E - Sold
          1989 325I Bronzit-Sold
          1989 325I Zinno
          1988 635CSI

Comment

will they fit

I just bought an 87 325i very and will lower it with h&r sports with Billy sports. Can I put esm 002s 16x8 et20s with Kumho Ecsta AST Ku25 205/50r/16 without rolling fenders or rubbing?

Comment

looking at buying Klutch SL1 16x8 et15 (front) and 16x9 et20 (rear).
              85 325e on GC coils.

What size rubber should I run to avoid rubbing/fender rolling/stretch?
              and will I need spacers?

Comment

Ok - looking to see if I can run this set up without needing spacers on my 1989 325i with a small roll in the rear. Currently on Billy/H&R spring combo. This will probably change.

15x6.5 et 32 on a 205 tire
                or
                15x6.5 et 32 on a 215 tire.

I calculated max back space for 15" is 131mm and with tires about 129mm. Seems like if i ran 215's and they were really 215mm, I'd have issues. Can you confirm?

Thanks
                -ALaS

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Corbett View Post
                  4x100 to 5x120 18mm adapters, 89 325I on H&R Sport Springs w/Bilstein Sports. Looking at E38 Style 5's 16x8 wheels. Will they fit with without rolling fenders? Tire size?
                  I am on JOM coilovers with this setup. I am running 225/45/16's and although they are nice, I am rubbing under serious load (boosted M20) even with rolling the rear fenders. If you manage to go this route, please let me know if it works out for you.
                  1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
                  2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
                  2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Corbett View Post
                    i asked this a while ago and then searched before he could answer. they won't fit with adapters unless the rears are rolled a good bit. some people say that works. a lot of other people say it won't work at all. another member todaloo gave me some info he runs them with a roll.
                    i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by sonomabimmers View Post
                      i asked this a while ago and then searched before he could answer. they won't fit with adapters unless the rears are rolled a good bit. some people say that works. a lot of other people say it won't work at all. another member todaloo gave me some info he runs them with a roll.
                      e38 style 5s are et20 correct? this post assumes that they are, et20+18mm adaptor =et2

16x8et+2 gonna be pretty wide. My set up is 16x8 et +10 rear +13 front (wheels are all +20 and front has 7mm spacer and rear has 10) with 205/50/16, rolled flat but not pulled or made so they don't have a lip thingy, my fenders look stock and I have no rub ever. I attempted to slip another 10mm spacer on the rear making et 0 and that rubbed something awful. So yes, that is doable, with 205 or narrower tires and a heavy roll, or unlowered. 8et0 is pretty stinking wide, that's pushing it a bit.

When I had 225/45/16 on, my rear would rub on a serious bump, and while backing up at full lock.

Edit: I have stock camber without any adjustment. If you pulled your subframe and got a camber/toe kit you could camber the rear and get the tires under, but then you look really stancy. The front would need some camber plates too, I'm about flush with my set up...
                      Last edited by DER E30; 05-10-2016, 09:11 PM.
                      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                      Originally posted by roguetoaster
                      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

E38 Style 5's 16x8 are ET 23.
                        I will be trying this, If I can't get it to work, the wheels and tires will go on my 84 745I. I know they will fit that. Then I will just try and use my 15x7 Et 23, Style 29's
                        sigpic
                        Steve Corbett
                        1983 528E Scrapped
                        1983 528E Sold
                        1984 745I
                        1984 325E - Sold
                        1989 325I Bronzit-Sold
                        1989 325I Zinno
                        1988 635CSI

Comment

Want to know if or what ill need for this setup to fit my 87 325is

Front Wheels: 16" x 8"
                          Rear Wheels: 16" x 9"
                          Bolt Pattern: 4x100 /114
                          Front Offset: 20 ET
                          Rear Offset: 15 ET
                          Center Bore: 73.1

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Comment

Will they fit?

1987 325es. Koenig feather 16x7. Offset +35 what's the max tire size and will it handle any drop springs if the tire size is reduced from max.
                            Attached Files

Comment

90 325is with ksport coils
                              rear: 16x9 et20, currently running 215/40/16 with 5mm spacers.

I really want to move up to 225s on the rear, but 225/45s are laughably difficult to find. can I remove my 5mm spacer and run a 225/50 on the 16x9 without rubbing? I have some basic fender rolling done, but the 215/40s with the 5mm spacer rub with enough load.

Comment

Looking at 15 x 8.5 wheels, any recommendations on tire size?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X