Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking into picking up a set of Diamond Racing Pro Street wheels for my 325e, I'm just not so sure as to what offset would be ideal? Size i would be going with would be 15x7 as i'm going for a minimal poke and staggered look. Spacers and longer stud bolts would obviously be necessary too?
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by yungmike; 04-04-2014, 07:30 AM.

Comment

What's up guys. I'm trying to find out what it would take to mount style 29's on my ride, an early model 325is). The specs are 15x7 et20, bolt pattern5x120. I'd like to know my options for either fill and drill or adapters.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruggs View Post
        Whoops you are right, I mixed the offsets up. Thanks again.
        Gotcha. You will NEED to run stretched tires then, as the fitment is too aggressive for proper fitting rubber. 205/45 all around is a good choice.

Comment

Originally posted by yungmike View Post
          I'm looking into picking up a set of Diamond Racing Pro Street wheels for my 325e, I'm just not so sure as to what offset would be ideal? Size i would be going with would be 15x7 as i'm going for a minimal poke and staggered look. Spacers and longer stud bolts would obviously be necessary too?
          Thanks in advance.
          I don't know what offsets they come in, and if you're going for a staggered look why 15x7s?

Comment

Originally posted by rhE-30 View Post
            What's up guys. I'm trying to find out what it would take to mount style 29's on my ride, an early model 325is). The specs are 15x7 et20, bolt pattern5x120. I'd like to know my options for either fill and drill or adapters.
            Fill and drill: 205/50, 205/55, 225/45, 225/50 all fit
            18mm adapters: 185/55, 195/50

Comment

Hi Jay! First let me say thank you for sharing your knowledge on this subject. No doubt you've really helped a lot of E30 drivers over the years. I'm new to the E30 scene and trying to make sense of what seems to be a huge range of fitment options. I picked up a '92 318 Cabrio a few months ago.

I've got a set of Vogtland lowering springs and Koni Sport Short SAs on the UPS truck heading my way and now I'm looking for wheels & tires.

I want either a 16 or 17" wheel, looking to get as close to flush as I can and as wide as possible, with zero risk of rubbing and without rolling or pulling. I have no particular preference for square vs. staggered, and would appreciate your thoughts on that.

So my question is, what 16 & 17 inch width, offset and tire size would you recommend and do you see any inherent benefits in one size vs the other?

Thanks!

4/10 EDIT … So I've been doing a bunch of research since I posted this and I think what I need for a good square setup is 16X8 ET25 with either 215/45 or 205/45s all around. This might require 5MM spacers in front, but I'm not sure. Does this sound right?
              Last edited by 325ragtop; 04-10-2014, 08:22 AM. Reason: added text

Comment

Hello, I am looking for some insight on tires and setup. The wheels that I just picked up are 16 x 9 Borbet Type B ET15. I assume that I will need to run 5mm spacers, but am curious what tire size I should go with to prevent rubbing? My car is a 325es on stock suspension, but I will likely go the H&R Sport / Bilstein setup in the near future. Thanks in advance!

Comment

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment T...

15x7 et 20
                  Will be running 18/20 mm adapters so that brings the et to 2 in the front and 0 in the rear

I want to know if running which out of 195/60 or 185/65 will give me the most clearence. 185/65 will give me more stretch to possibly fit better, but I don't know how the added height will affect rubbing. 195/60 will be lower profile, but will obviously be wider.

Car will most likely be on H&R race springs and may run drop hats to get a good drop but can run without them for the sake of clearence. Can compensate with running spring pads if needed for clearence. Fenders will be rolled
                  Last edited by JinormusJ; 04-09-2014, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ragtop View Post
                    Hi Jay! First let me say thank you for sharing your knowledge on this subject. No doubt you've really helped a lot of E30 drivers over the years. I'm new to the E30 scene and trying to make sense of what seems to be a huge range of fitment options. I picked up a '92 318 Cabrio a few months ago.

I've got a set of Vogtland lowering springs and Koni Sport Short SAs on the UPS truck heading my way and now I'm looking for wheels & tires.

I want either a 16 or 17" wheel, looking to get as close to flush as I can and as wide as possible, with zero risk of rubbing and without rolling or pulling. I have no particular preference for square vs. staggered, and would appreciate your thoughts on that.

So my question is, what 16 & 17 inch width, offset and tire size would you recommend and do you see any inherent benefits in one size vs the other?

Thanks!

4/10 EDIT … So I've been doing a bunch of research since I posted this and I think what I need for a good square setup is 16X8 ET25 with either 215/45 or 205/45s all around. This might require 5MM spacers in front, but I'm not sure. Does this sound right?
                    Correct. So actually ideally, a wheel up to 8" wide at an offset of +20 is 100% ideal. My favourites for no-roll setups in 16 and 17 are 16x8 +15 205/45, 16x7.5 +25 225/45, 17x8 +15 205/40, 17x8 +25 215/40.

Comment

Originally posted by Zwaylo View Post
                      Hello, I am looking for some insight on tires and setup. The wheels that I just picked up are 16 x 9 Borbet Type B ET15. I assume that I will need to run 5mm spacers, but am curious what tire size I should go with to prevent rubbing? My car is a 325es on stock suspension, but I will likely go the H&R Sport / Bilstein setup in the near future. Thanks in advance!
                      3-5mm front spacers and 205/45 tires. People will suggest and have run 215/40, don't do this.

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                        15x7 et 20
                        Will be running 18/20 mm adapters so that brings the et to 2 in the front and 0 in the rear

I want to know if running which out of 195/60 or 185/65 will give me the most clearence. 185/65 will give me more stretch to possibly fit better, but I don't know how the added height will affect rubbing. 195/60 will be lower profile, but will obviously be wider.

Car will most likely be on H&R race springs and may run drop hats to get a good drop but can run without them for the sake of clearence. Can compensate with running spring pads if needed for clearence. Fenders will be rolled
                        Neither would fit as the wheel is so far out. You need an undersized tire. 185/55 or 195/50 max.

Comment

im looking into a set of 16x9 +6 with a 245/35/16 tire, i want a meaty fitment but will this sit flush with the fender and clear the strut?

Comment

Help! How will this fit:

15x7 et 10? Will i need a fender roll?

Comment

What does it take to clear 16x8 +20 / 16x9 +15 on a 91? H&R race springs.
                              91 318is - Gone
                              16 VW GTI
                              07 Aprilia Tuono

Comment

I'm about to pull the trigger on ESM 002r 16x8 ET20 all around, but i'm uncertain on the tire selection.
                                My car is an 89' coupe on IE stg3 race springs/Bilstein sports. I want to minimize stretch (205/45 on an 8" wide wheel still looks OK to my eyes and doesn't seem unsafe, but it's at the limit IMO). I also need enough sidewall to handle the rough roads in WI. How big of a tire can I fit? What's the typical tire for these wheel/suspension specs with disregard to potholes?

Comment

Working...
                                X