Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    No. tyrestretch.com
    You told me to go 10mm spacers all around , I saw online somewhere that 10s should be avoided Cuz it doesn't fit right and you should use 12mm. Is that true?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

The rings slide between the gap of the wheel hub and the brake hub. No need for spacers.
      Thanks for the response. Just one more thing, so if the above is the case, based on the offset and tyre combo, will there be any issues with rubbing on struts etc?

Comment

Wheels or tires?
        Tires! Whoops

Comment

I bought a set of 16x9 ESM 002R (offset et15) wheels for my E30. I'm planning on dropping it around 2.5". Do you have any tire recommendations? I'm having trouble finding tires. I'm not opposed to stretching but I don't want anything crazy. I was thinking 225/45 but there are not many choices.

Comment

1990 late model, lowered on IE STG3 and billy sport. Considering a set of 16x9.5 et44. My fenders are rolled with a slight pull. What size adapter and what is the biggest tire I can run?
            Last edited by blck325is; 07-20-2016, 12:17 PM.
            Originally posted by csermonet47
            Vlad, you are handling this quite unprofessionally.

Also, you are a cock with tacky taste.

That is all.

Comment

Jay,

Did some searching through this thread and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. Currently running Konig 15x8 et22 with 205/50r15 all around on Bilstein sport springs and shocks and M3 offset CABs on my 88 vert. Can I get away with 5mm spacers in the rear without rubbing and in the future would I be able to fit 205/55s and/or 225 tires?
              Last edited by Malcolm206; 07-12-2016, 12:06 AM.
              1988 E30 325iC
              sigpic

Comment

1989 325i. Billy shocks and H&R sport springs. e38 style 5 16x8 wheels. 18 mm front and 20mm rear adapters. Probably getting 205/45/r16 tires and rolling fenders. Which tires fit the best, last the longest, and perform well? Dunlop DIREZZA DZ102, Kumho ecsta ps31, yokohama s-drives, or BF-Goodrich G-force sport comp 2?

Comment

Originally posted by brokecollegekid View Post
                  1989 325i. Billy shocks and H&R sport springs. e38 style 5 16x8 wheels. 18 mm front and 20mm rear adapters. Probably getting 205/45/r16 tires and rolling fenders. Which tires fit the best, last the longest, and perform well? Dunlop DIREZZA DZ102, Kumho ecsta ps31, yokohama s-drives, or BF-Goodrich G-force sport comp 2?
                  I can't really comment on the fitment, but just so you're aware those will look pretty stretched. You can look on http://tyrestretch.com/8.0-205-45-R16/ to see for yourself.

As far as tires that last well and perform well, I have been running Dunlop Direzza DZ102s for about a year now and put over 9,000 miles on them and been very happy with them thus far. About 70% freeway driving and the rest city with quite a bit of spirited driving and they've been wearing well, especially considering my camber is -2.1 up front and -2.8 in the rear. This should be expected though as their treadwear rating is 460, which you can compare to other tires on tirerack.com.

Hope this helps.
                  1988 E30 325iC
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm206 View Post
                    I can't really comment on the fitment, but just so you're aware those will look pretty stretched. You can look on http://tyrestretch.com/8.0-205-45-R16/ to see for yourself.

As far as tires that last well and perform well, I have been running Dunlop Direzza DZ102s for about a year now and put over 9,000 miles on them and been very happy with them thus far. About 70% freeway driving and the rest city with quite a bit of spirited driving and they've been wearing well, especially considering my camber is -2.1 up front and -2.8 in the rear. This should be expected though as their treadwear rating is 460, which you can compare to other tires on tirerack.com.

Hope this helps.
                    So I should look at getting some 215/45/r16 or even 225/45/r16?

Comment

Thoughts on 215/45 on a 16x8 et0? Late model arches that have been rolled pretty well.

I think they should fit pretty damn nice but wanted other input.

EDIT - I'll let you know how they fit I just bought them haha

they fit real nice, might run like a 5mm spacer.
                      Last edited by Brezzi; 07-21-2016, 07:14 AM.

Comment

looking for a good tire recommendation. There seem to be far fewer options in my current tire size.

I am running a set of DForce LTW5 15" wheels. My current tires are 225/50/15

Street driving only, what size/brand/model tire would you recommend?
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                        Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Looking at possibly getting some e31 style 5 wheels for the e30. The specs are 17x8 et10, 17x9 et19. Will these fit an e30 coupe with no suspension mods less bilstein and h&r springs?? Or what do I need to do to make them fit?

Comment

Rota Shakotan

Love these wheels, but finding mixed answers regarding fitment. The ones I am looking at are 15x8 et10 all corners. I have an '87 325 cabrio, H&R springs, KYB shocks. I do not want to roll any fenders, just looking for a retro, unique setup for my car. Will they work and what tire size would be needed?

Comment

15 8 et 10?......dont think so
                              I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by JRKOUPE View Post
                                15 8 et 10?......dont think so
                                Which measurement is throwing me off?

Comment

Working...
                                X