Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

316i Touring "Marlies Berger" has arrived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

316i Touring "Marlies Berger" has arrived!

Click image for larger version

Name:	right in yard.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	10050645
    Here is a silly video with my daughter's reaction.

Nice, grats!
    I'll ask it; why Marlies Berger?? :)

Comment

Who did you buy it from? Is it still in Germany?

Comment

I bought it from Frau Marlies Berger the original owner in Mannheim. It was delivered a week ago and I have started with the projects. I have pulled the front bumper and it is now repaired and primed awaiting paint, oil, filters, odometer gears, spark plugs, wipers and the unexpected central locking issue that glued shut three of the four doors now diagnosed and nearly fixed. The list of projects is pretty long, but the brakes and suspension are near perfect, the interior is great, the gearbox is tight and a pleasure. Timing belt and paint correction are on the near term agenda as are gear and diff oil changes when it warms up a bit here in Chicago.

Jens Richter at www.richterimpex.de/ was my agent and I can recommend him for his meticulousness and care.

Comment

Originally posted by benfidar View Post
          I bought it from Frau Marlies Berger the original owner in Mannheim. It was delivered a week ago and I have started with the projects. I have pulled the front bumper and it is now repaired and primed awaiting paint, oil, filters, odometer gears, spark plugs, wipers and the unexpected central locking issue that glued shut three of the four doors now diagnosed and nearly fixed. The list of projects is pretty long, but the brakes and suspension are near perfect, the interior is great, the gearbox is tight and a pleasure. Timing belt and paint correction are on the near term agenda as are gear and diff oil changes when it warms up a bit here in Chicago.

Jens Richter at www.richterimpex.de/ was my agent and I can recommend him for his meticulousness and care.
          How much did he charge you for his service?

Comment

Mmm touring, Build thread to follow?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Awesome! I love Daytona tourings and they seem to be everywhere now. Design Edition?

1992 325i Cabrio
              1988 320i Touring
              2000 M5
              1977 530i
              2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
              BMWCCA
              E30CCA

Comment

Yes indeed. Perfect interior, tired paint. Central locking woes continue. At least the two front doors are unlocked now, however, the tailgate was unlocked, now bolted shut! I bought the best one I could afford. Only 71K kms. Very solid car. 1600cc is slow, but slow car fast! Drives and corners like a Miata.

Comment

Working...
                X