You ever want to get someone good?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fidhle007
    replied
    $20 per tire is about half what I charge for a mount/dismount. Ergo, half the work, half the money. You seriously think a tire shop is going to do something for free just because you showed up and asked them to do it? Most mount/dismount services are charged on a flat rate basis which can be good or bad based on the situation. My shop uses a sliding scale based on sidewall profile.

    Most decent tire machines cost upwards of $10,000 these days, sometimes double or triple that figure. Do you really expect a business that requires such expensive equipment to be able to survive by handing out freebies to every douchebag that wanders in? They are providing a service that you can't provide for yourself therefore they get to dictate the pricing, not you. If you want free tire removal, buy your own machine and do it yourself.

    Leave a comment:


  • george graves
    replied
    Originally posted by pbr87
    No, I'm sure he told the full story.
    That one when right over your head. I was making a joke.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ral
    replied
    anyone thought of farming this thread out to tire stores in the county he lives in?

    Leave a comment:


  • pbr87
    replied
    Originally posted by george graves
    What exactly are you implying? That the OP didn't tell the full story?
    No, I'm sure he told the full story. I am implying that I agree that charging $40 for the 7 minutes that he claimed it took the shop to remove his tires was an excessive fee. I think the shop grossly overcharged him. That is probably the only part of his story I sympathize with.

    Leave a comment:


  • george graves
    replied
    Originally posted by pbr87
    Unless you're a prostitute, charging $40 for 7 minutes of manual labor is outrageous.
    What exactly are you implying? That the OP didn't tell the full story?

    Leave a comment:


  • pbr87
    replied
    Originally posted by Denny
    FUCK OFF!! its not kindergarden
    It's even worse. It's the internet.

    Leave a comment:


  • Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by z31maniac
    Fixed Danny's post.
    FUCK OFF!! its not kindergarden

    Leave a comment:


  • pbr87
    replied
    Originally posted by xwill112x
    e30s52, you got me.


    Places around here charge nothing, unless they dispose of the tire, and they charge $10, so I, like the OP would be pissed as fuck about a $40 tire dismount. I personally wouldn't have went back for revenge, i wouldnt have went back at all for any reason.
    Same here. Smaller, more rural areas often offer such services for cheaper. Hell, the local tire shop where I live usually does such things for free if you're a regular customer. Better for business that way.

    Leave a comment:


  • xwill112x
    replied
    Originally posted by e30s52
    Why not just tell everyone you see not to go to that shop.

    exactly.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30s52
    replied
    Originally posted by xwill112x
    e30s52, you got me.


    Places around here charge nothing, unless they dispose of the tire, and they charge $10, so I, like the OP would be pissed as fuck about a $40 tire dismount. I personally wouldn't have went back for revenge, i wouldnt have went back at all for any reason.
    Yeah places out here charge alot along with other big citys. I dont know why you would go back. Why not just tell everyone you see not to go to that shop.

    Leave a comment:


  • xwill112x
    replied
    e30s52, you got me.


    Places around here charge nothing, unless they dispose of the tire, and they charge $10, so I, like the OP would be pissed as fuck about a $40 tire dismount. I personally wouldn't have went back for revenge, i wouldnt have went back at all for any reason.

    Leave a comment:


  • george graves
    replied
    OP is trying SO fucking hard to squirm his way out of this one.

    Leave a comment:


  • pbr87
    replied
    Originally posted by e30s52
    Because he wanted to get payed for the work he did? and how do you know if he did pocket 25 bucks?

    You kids need to grow up.
    Unless you're a prostitute, charging $40 for 7 minutes of manual labor is outrageous.

    And the "tire expert" should have realized that the tire wouldn't fit.

    Still. The whole bit about laughing at him after he was injured, then asking for the $40 back. That was just cold. That just doesn't sit right with me.
    Very cruel.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30s52
    replied
    Originally posted by xwill112x
    Name 1 place that charges $40 to dismount tires?

    hell, i could get the BMW dealer to do it for cheaper than that.
    les schwab along with most other tire places.

    Leave a comment:


  • xwill112x
    replied
    Originally posted by e30s52
    Because he wanted to get payed for the work he did? and how do you know if he did pocket 25 bucks?

    You kids need to grow up.
    Name 1 place that charges $40 to dismount tires?

    hell, i could get the BMW dealer to do it for cheaper than that.

    Leave a comment:

Working...