Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't this that rare kit from the 80s? I've seen this before. While I agree it's not worth the asking price, it's still neat to see.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Is it so hard to throw your empty cigarette packs out? Especially since this is supposed to help sell the car, you would think he would clean it up.
      F80 ///M3 CS
      i3 REx LCI
      Previous: F80 M3 • I01 i3 REx • F30 340i M Sport ZTR • F30 328i Sport • Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250

Comment

Originally posted by jmg View Post
        Is it so hard to throw your empty cigarette packs out? Especially since this is supposed to help sell the car, you would think he would clean it up.
        Always blown away when I go to look at a car and the seller has it full of garbage. Definitely lets me know that they have poor situational awareness and probably took poor care of the car.
        My previous build (currently E30-less)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
          Always blown away when I go to look at a car and the seller has it full of garbage. Definitely lets me know that they have poor situational awareness and probably took poor care of the car.
          These are the same people who wonder why their car won't sell.
          F80 ///M3 CS
          i3 REx LCI
          Previous: F80 M3 • I01 i3 REx • F30 340i M Sport ZTR • F30 328i Sport • Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250

Comment

What do you guys think of this guy? Worth the risk? https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ws...137810803.html

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

I think he's nuts for thinking he's gonna get 3100 for a smashed up auto Bronzit with some coils. Sure, it's got a replacement front panel, core support and a fender, but that rear quarter panel has to be cut out and a new one has to be grafted on, gotta get a new door, get a replacement wheel(s) since one is bent and the others curbed to the high heavens (since that one is bent on the driver's side), fix the knackered steering rack and then check the control arms and anything else in an alignment to see if any suspension components are bent, too.

Good looking interior, though. I'd say it's a parts car, but not for that price.
              "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
              The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                That's why my newest project is called the Rat Trap. We literal had to air it out for a few days after dragging it out of a field just so we wouldn't puke every time we got in it. Several days with the Ozone machine helped a lot of that, and 2 garbage cans full of change, clothes, a microwave and everything a family of rats stored beneath the Passenger seat and she's starting to look like a decent car again.

To be fair though, the place we hauled it away from, I don't think those people cared where sh*t got thrown. In the car, their property or the house in general - it was a whole lot of NFG.
                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                2016 Ford Flex
                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                  That's why my newest project is called the Rat Trap. We literal had to air it out for a few days after dragging it out of a field just so we wouldn't puke every time we got in it. Several days with the Ozone machine helped a lot of that, and 2 garbage cans full of change, clothes, a microwave and everything a family of rats stored beneath the Passenger seat and she's starting to look like a decent car again.

To be fair though, the place we hauled it away from, I don't think those people cared where sh*t got thrown. In the car, their property or the house in general - it was a whole lot of NFG.
                  any pics to share?
                  R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
                  └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Pics would be hilarious I imagine.

Also, smashed up Bronzit is a parts car. Unless you have a tremendous budget and a soft spot for keeping E30's from meeting the grim reaper. But even then it wouldn't be wise.

I will say it again, people today are out of their minds. That is a 600 dollar parts car.

Comment

I'll do a full build thread once I make a little more headway. We bought it for the cardinal interior, had a blown eta in it, so I decided to throw the 2.7i I had sitting in the shop in it and make it my summer beater.

Here's what it looked like in the field. $350.

The 2.7i installed..

Unfortunately, I didn't enough pics of the interior before I started decontaminating, but I still have the Microwave sitting next to the dumpster if anyone is interested..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by djjerme; 05-19-2017, 07:53 AM.
                      2016 Ford Flex

Comment

This seller must have a head injury or maybe had a stroke while writing his ad.

1988 one seat driver seat gutter interior BMW e 30 for sale I'll take $1,000 but you have to coke today only needs a new starter but ran when starter was good don't have time to work on it and want something else
                        R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
                        └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
                          This seller must have a head injury or maybe had a stroke while writing his ad.

1988 one seat driver seat gutter interior BMW e 30 for sale I'll take $1,000 but you have to coke today only needs a new starter but ran when starter was good don't have time to work on it and want something else
                          Nah, i think he's just fucking stupid.
                          sigpic
                          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

I found this one pretty funny. https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/6138147996.html

1973 BMW 2002 roundie - $20000 (concord / pleasant hill / martinez)

Testing waters: (cause if I can find a real sucker then I win)
                            Uber rare car-not like BMW made almost a million of them world wide-all the same this baby is a collectors car. Hard to find too since there is always 5 or more for sale every week here in the Bay Area. Get while the gettin's good cause prices are going up, up, up! Better hurry. If you are like me you know these cars are highly sought after in this condition. Original everything except most has been replaced including the paint, but it's all there. Has a nice patina which is not to say rust or damage but for a 40+ year old car what do you expect me to say, I have to impose my own internet marketing style here so you will think it's worth wasting my time with silly questions and low ball offers. So I priced it really high in anticipation of your foolish attempt to get a deal and then flip this car for a tidy profit.
                            Two owner car-prior to me buying it. The first owner bought it new and then someone else bought from them, the rest of its ownership is as I say it is cause you can't prove it otherwise. Same goes for the mileage, it's original too at 76K. Runs great and has new parts any idiot could bolt on, but I'm gonna make it sound like a loving and caring master mechanic doctor little old lady maintained it with a bunch of out dated repair receipts for oil changes, fan belts, and tires.
                            Now I'm gonna type in all caps to show how special and important this next part is:
                            NEW STUFF IN THE LAST FEW YEARS:TIRES WITH LOTS OF TREAD LEFT-BUT I'LL OMIT THE FACT THAT THEY ARE 15 YEARS OLD. ALPIINA RIMS CAUSE THEY LOOK LIKE ALPINA WHEELS BUT ARE REALLY CHEAP 320 RIMS THAT CAN BE HAD FOR CHEAP OR EVEN FREE. ENGINE REBUILT YET I HAVE NO RECORDS TO SHOW IT AND SINCE TH EODOMETER DON'T WORK I HAVE NO IDEA HOW MANY MILES ARE ON THE ENGINE AS WELL. IT DO RUN LIKE A CHAMP THOUGH NO SMOKE EXCEPT A LITTLE AND LEAKS ONLY A LITTLE OIL. RUNS LIKE A CHAMP. BOXES FULL OF PARTS (NEED FINISHING) SOME NEW SO NOT SO NEW WHILE OTHERS ARE PLAIN UNUSABLE AND RUSTY.
                            I would keep her since she is one of the finest around but I have too many projects and cars so this has to go. My loss your gain. Don't waste both our time with low ball offers. I don't have to sell and if I don't get what I want for it I'll just keep it or junk it so you won't get it.

Willing to trade for cash, money, or cashier's check.

Key words to flood the search spiders: GTO, Chevy, Porsche, 123456789, 944, 928, 1600, 1602, 944, Pontiac, classic, vintage, custom, hot rod, recaro, turbo, donald trump.

Comment

^bwahaha that is pretty spot on. I look through clist ads often and that guy hit the nail on the head.

Comment

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful

That is awesome, I love it!

The search tags at the bottom are the icing on the cake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by djjerme; 05-19-2017, 04:20 PM.
                                2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Working...
                                X