Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
    You left out the best part:

"Got my 87 e30 325is for sale or trade.
    Clean title car. 5speed trans,led different. Speedometer stop at 118k. Rebuilt head.new radiator, new wires and spark plugs.new water pump. New hoses, new wheels and tires, lowered on springs,no grinds or pop out or leaks of any kind.
    It has new paint in perfect conditions, it has new completely redone Interior. Sport seats, all electric, has new black widow exhaust.tags good till June 2017.
    Car runs perfect is my DD.
    Selling for 5000obo or trade for another car worth the same or show me what u got. Don't need no project.
    Only bad's on her are.
    Needs driver window regulator and inside door handle.and front shocks. That's it."

All of those spacing, punctuation, spelling and syntax errors would make me skip that car. I do feel like someone who can compose a decent & comprehensible advertisement is probably going to have a better car. Almost makes me want to correct the errors and email those corrections to the poster, but I'm fairly sure he wouldn't understand.
    I don't know what's with these people. It's as if they run on a lower frequency level then the rest.
    F80 ///M3 CS
    i3 REx LCI
    Previous: F80 M3 • I01 i3 REx • F30 340i M Sport ZTR • F30 328i Sport • Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250

Comment

best ad of the day...

"Let me start by saying I've got two words for you, panty and dropper"

:nice:

Comment

I almost want to buy this car, it's local and the below lines really have me tempted.

The main seal is toast, but show off those sweet oblique muscles for all the babes while you're topping off all the oil you're losing
        There is some rust, but if you're waving your arms furiously enough out of the sunroof, as mentioned earlier, no one will notice the rust.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
        Sounds like you need a massage.
        Originally posted by kpeng
        Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
          You left out the best part:

"Got my 87 e30 325is for sale or trade.
          Clean title car. 5speed trans,led different. Speedometer stop at 118k. Rebuilt head.new radiator, new wires and spark plugs.new water pump. New hoses, new wheels and tires, lowered on springs,no grinds or pop out or leaks of any kind.
          It has new paint in perfect conditions, it has new completely redone Interior. Sport seats, all electric, has new black widow exhaust.tags good till June 2017.
          Car runs perfect is my DD.
          Selling for 5000obo or trade for another car worth the same or show me what u got. Don't need no project.
          Only bad's on her are.
          Needs driver window regulator and inside door handle.and front shocks. That's it."

All of those spacing, punctuation, spelling and syntax errors would make me skip that car. I do feel like someone who can compose a decent & comprehensible advertisement is probably going to have a better car. Almost makes me want to correct the errors and email those corrections to the poster, but I'm fairly sure he wouldn't understand.
          you know that edjamacation he momma told him to get? obviously he had an ear infection that day and didn't hear her. its not so bad to flip hamburgers at burger king for the next 40 years....right???

seriously though....do you not just read an ad like that one above and think to yourself that this seller must be dumb as fuck?
          sigpic
          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
            you know that edjamacation he momma told him to get? obviously he had an ear infection that day and didn't hear her. its not so bad to flip hamburgers at burger king for the next 40 years....right???

seriously though....do you not just read an ad like that one above and think to yourself that this seller must be dumb as fuck?
            hahah well said!

Comment

Another overpriced bucket. At least the paint matches....

Comment

Actually, considering it is an 325i with a manual - these days, it would be considered a decent car if the rust is minimal.. I'm sure he would take 4500 or 5k if the right person walked up with cash. I've seen bigger POS' sell for more.
                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                2016 Ford Flex
                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                  Actually, considering it is an 325i with a manual - these days, it would be considered a decent car if the rust is minimal.. I'm sure he would take 4500 or 5k if the right person walked up with cash. I've seen bigger POS' sell for more.
                  Exactly.

Wouldn't call that one a 'bucket' per se. Nor does 5900 seem insane. High, yes. But insane, no.

Had he listed it at 7900 I'd agree with you more.
                  My previous build (currently E30-less)
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Man I really undersold my turbo 318is. I should have had it listed on BAT or something... :(
                    "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                    -----------------------------------------
                    91 318is Turbo Sold
                    87 325 Daily driver Sold
                    06 4.8is X5
                    06 Mtec X3
                    05 4.4i X5 Sold
                    92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                    90 325i Sold
                    97 328is Sold
                    01 323ci Sold
                    92 325i Sold
                    83 528e Totaled
                    98 328i Sold
                    93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty.Piranha View Post
                      https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/6145410043.html

Another overpriced bucket. At least the paint matches....
                      Anything else this car is missing to make it an "is"?
                      F80 ///M3 CS
                      i3 REx LCI
                      Previous: F80 M3 • I01 i3 REx • F30 340i M Sport ZTR • F30 328i Sport • Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
                        Man I really undersold my turbo 318is. I should have had it listed on BAT or something... :(
                        I remember your for sale thread and thinking "This is really UNDERpriced"

It was refreshing to see actually.

Comment

Originally posted by jmg View Post
                          Anything else this car is missing to make it an "is"?
                          Yeah, most of the parts actually.

The trunk lid spoiler. The 'sport' seats. The 13 button OBC. Probably the LSD.

Its far from being an iS, to me.

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                            I remember your for sale thread and thinking "This is really UNDERpriced"

It was refreshing to see actually.
                            I priced it to sell that's for sure... and people STILL tried to dick me down on the price. I had to tell so many people it's asking or GTFO.

I told the buyer to come to me first if he was ever going to sell it... wouldn't be the first time I've bought an e30 back.
                            "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                            -----------------------------------------
                            91 318is Turbo Sold
                            87 325 Daily driver Sold
                            06 4.8is X5
                            06 Mtec X3
                            05 4.4i X5 Sold
                            92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                            90 325i Sold
                            97 328is Sold
                            01 323ci Sold
                            92 325i Sold
                            83 528e Totaled
                            98 328i Sold
                            93 325i Sold

Comment

Who ever posted this 370mm M-tech wheel up for sale on ebay. Thank you. Just what I was looking for, Thanks bud.

Comment

What wheels are theses from

Comment

Working...
                                X