Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Staszek View Post

I havent read the entire description yet, but I think that price is actually fairly low 850i manuals are fairly rare and that one is in nice shape!
    Agreed. Probably a bit low due to being modded and having high mileage. On my bucket list is 'drive a manual V-12 car'. Someday...
    R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
    └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

I can't imagine ever paying this much for an e30. I have to admit this is a remarkably clean car though.

Comment

Originally posted by ElJimo View Post
        https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto...320486896.html

I can't imagine ever paying this much for an e30. I have to admit this is a remarkably clean car though.
        That is pretty clean! Though, I wonder why so many parts needed replacement with so few miles on. Alternator, gaskets, etc. I guess just due to age from sitting idle for a very long time maybe.

Comment

Seems reasonable....... lol

“Price is very fair I am firm!”

Comment

Originally posted by SD-KC View Post
            I know what I have. LOL

Comment

Craigslist is a husk. But it's plain to see the laughable state of the E30 market elsewhere, like offerup.
              https://offerup.com/item/detail/1204318047? $4,000 for a trashed '87
              Click image for larger version

Name:	6560f497a0c64e61a768fb2ef1a44416.jpg
Views:	653
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	10017936

https://offerup.com/item/detail/1201879935? a crash damaged and rusting 318is for 6500

Name:	ad077c02c6b44293b978623af91ff9c3.jpg
Views:	652
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	10017937

IG @turbovarg
              '91 318is, M20 turbo
              [CoTM: 4-18]
              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
              - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                Craigslist is a husk. But it's plain to see the laughable state of the E30 market elsewhere, like offerup.
                CL really shot themselves in the foot/performed a last ditch money grab before they die when they instituted a fairly global listing fee for cars, especially in the face of stiff FB competition. Offerup seems like the Panjo of the community listing sites, impossible to search efficiently and mostly full of junk, and it will undoubtedly die off soon.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

CL really shot themselves in the foot/performed a last ditch money grab before they die when they instituted a fairly global listing fee for cars, especially in the face of stiff FB competition. Offerup seems like the Panjo of the community listing sites, impossible to search efficiently and mostly full of junk, and it will undoubtedly die off soon.
                  Not to mention the lack of ad expiration. There are so many long since sold and months to years-old listings.

IG @turbovarg
                  '91 318is, M20 turbo
                  - updated 3-17

Comment

Not to mention the lack of ad expiration. There are so many long since sold and months to years-old listings.
                    Yeah, not sure why OU decided on that. If I didn't know better I'd say FB owned both of those platforms and is tanking them to drive everyone to Flakebook.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Yeah, not sure why OU decided on that. If I didn't know better I'd say FB owned both of those platforms and is tanking them to drive everyone to Flakebook.
                      Which is too bad, because FB search is utterly useless. In my search for an E53 4.8is X5, I entered "4.8is", and it brings back tons of stuff I'm not interested in. Buried a few hundred lines deep in the results I finally see the 4.8is X5's that are for sale w/in 100 miles of me. I avoid FB Marketplace.

Comment

Couldn't agree with you guys more. The search function on everything except for CL is frustrating IMO.

I used to spot all sorts of cars on CL. Now they are buried in OU and FB and I can't find them as easily. Blah.
                        My previous build (currently E30-less)
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

I'd fill up every last allowable character in the search box of CL with boolean operators and search terms to find what I want without all the trash. I hate facebook, both what it has done to forums and what it did to my car search, I'm only using it out of necessity for the search.

IG @turbovarg
                          '91 318is, M20 turbo
                          - updated 3-17

Comment

Is there something special about this car that I'm missing? $8K seems pretty high. Has rust, high mileage, cracked dash, sloppy shifter...

1985 BMW E28 535i M30b35 5-Speed - $8,000

Name:	00K0K_2Ko6qhtOitDz_0ww0oo_600x450.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	10019104

1985 BMW E28 535i 5-Speed
                            Black Exterior over Beige Leather interior
                            216k miles
                            It runs and drives but idles rough and leaks some coolant. This car hasn't been on the road in a couple years and definitely needs some love before its road ready again. There are rust patches at the bottom of the doors and at the bottom of the front fenders. The interior is in decent condition the only really noticeable damage is the dash cracking. The seats are in surprisingly good condition. The shifter has lots of play in it but the clutch feels good.
                            I don't really know much about this car. It was originally bought to be parted out but i feel bad taking apart a car like this and figured id give someone a chance to save and enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
                              Is there something special about this car that I'm missing? $8K seems pretty high. Has rust, high mileage, cracked dash, sloppy shifter...
                              The special feature is 2021, which is simply a modifier of used car asking price as follows: (standard/reasonable asking price*4).

Comment

I'd fill up every last allowable character in the search box of CL with boolean operators and search terms to find what I want without all the trash. I hate facebook, both what it has done to forums and what it did to my car search, I'm only using it out of necessity for the search.
                                I HATE FB for car stuff. Disorganized and awful compared to forums, which it is destroying. Even worse is FB Marketplace. Search is terrible and it serves up tons of irrelevant and useless shit.

Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
                                1992 325ic white, stock with a 5-speed swap
                                Palm Beach County

Comment

Working...
                                X