Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mkmcde View Post
    I had a quick phone call with him and he didn't offer much. Said the car was sitting because the brake master cylinder was bad and he bought it as a project car. No compression testing was done on the engine. It also has a cracked dash that he didn't mention in the ad.

Too bad it ends today it, I'd like to hear what someone thought about it when they see it in person.
    Did he fix the brake master cylinder? Dash looks good from the photos, classic he "forgot" to mention that in ad. I know you were originally pretty interested in this e30, are you going to hold off now?

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty.Piranha View Post
      Did he fix the brake master cylinder? Dash looks good from the photos, classic he "forgot" to mention that in ad. I know you were originally pretty interested in this e30, are you going to hold off now?
      Yeah, he fixed it. I forgot to mention he said it passed smog but I can't find any new records of it here: https://www.bar.ca.gov/pubwebquery/v...pubtstqry.aspx

I might hold off, I'm debating paying the $1000 to have it shipped here or take the risk and drive it back.

Comment

Little off topic, but 2002's are gorgeous.

Comment

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/6125899525.html

Little off topic, but 2002's are gorgeous.
          It's so cool the way they lean forward and stand tall at the same time. I knew a guy that drove one in the summer time, what a great car.
          My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
          I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

I agree.....one day I'll have a 2002

Comment

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/la...120338999.html - This has been on CL for 2+ months...can anyone figure out why? Does have cheap reps, volvo front lip?, dent on driver side valance and cracked dash.

Comment

^ I've been trying to figure that one out myself.
                1991 318is Brillantrot daily driver (slow restoration)

Comment

^ Something is up, it must be a total bucket in person and thrown together by a stance nation teen

Comment

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/la...120338999.html - This has been on CL for 2+ months...can anyone figure out why? Does have cheap reps, volvo front lip?, dent on driver side valance and cracked dash.
                    Probably has some reason why it can't be registered in CA, thus the AZ plates.

That, or people still hate the M42.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                      Probably has some reason why it can't be registered in CA, thus the AZ plates.

That, or people still hate the M42.
                      I asked him to send photo of door jam sticker and he said "I can't, my phone doesn't have data. You just need to come see car." HAHHA

What you think of the M42?

Comment

1989 BMW E30 with S52 Swap. Needs minor framework... for $6000
                        sigpic
                        1987 325e Lachssilber w/ MarkD chip and late bumpers, Zender EVO spoiler, s3.25 LSD

Originally posted by nando
                        I don't think there's really strong evidence that ZDDP harms cats.

Comment

^^ Get the fuck outta here.

Insane.
                          My previous build (currently E30-less)
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

That's how Massachusetts rolls

Comment

$6K?!?! That's hilarious.
                              F80 ///M3 CS
                              i3 REx LCI
                              Previous: F80 M3 • I01 i3 REx • F30 340i M Sport ZTR • F30 328i Sport • Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250

Comment

I asked him to send photo of door jam sticker and he said "I can't, my phone doesn't have data. You just need to come see car." HAHHA

What you think of the M42?
                                I flipping love the M42, easy to work on, reliable, not a powerhouse, but economical to compensate. I think I like them so much that I've owned 9 in cars, several more engines, and both of my daily drivers have them. So, no, any opinion I have of the M42 is completely unbiased.

But seriously, if you can learn to love something without a whole 34 more stock horsepower than an M20 car it'll be fine, and dare I say, better than the M20 experience. It should be said that M20s have far more aftermarket support, and will of course have the higher performance potential, but the M42 is not without support. Finally, the M42 powered Chump Car that I spent so many hours working on placed 4th at Daytona while netting just over 14 MPG and all of the M20 cars didn't crack the top 20, so there's that.

Originally posted by itsonlygeorge View Post
                                https://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/cto/6124527685.html

1989 BMW E30 with S52 Swap. Needs minor framework... for $6000
                                Seller states: "I've been quoted $3-4k for full repair by two separate BMW experts.
                                Runs and shifts. Several thousand in parts alone."

Offer negative two thousand for the car, claim that your math is as flawless as his. Before he hangs up, compliment his "drifting."

Comment

Working...
                                X