Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what do you guys think of this find?

a little pricey but I'm wondering how low he will go. Was hoping for 4k maybe even a little lower. going to check it out this weekend. pretty sparse list ad so I will have to ask him more about it when I see him. what do yall think?

Comment

I have a 1991 E30 Convertible with S52 swap. This E30 was well maintained and running really good with a lot of power. This S52 engine has racing cams, headers with 3 Inc piping... It also has a quiet vibren resonator with a Remus exhaust. About 20,000km on swap and 146,000km's on body. LOW km car for age. There so much more to list looking for a quick sale! Cars located in Edmonton, if your interested and would like to meet/see in person please call Cody/Josh @ 780-910-7098 located NW Edmonton

$8000 US. I'm thinking this might be a smashing deal.

Comment

Could be decent for someone trying to get into 2002 roundie

1971 BMW Classic car 2002 Model - $8600 (La Jolla)

We are the orginal owner of this BMW 2002 model from 1971. Car runs and drives fine, but in storage for 12 years and non-op with DMV. All orginal except carpets and restuffed front seats.

Car was repainted orginal BMW tan (sahara) about 15 years ago. Odometer not working, but car has about 135,000 miles.

Needs hoses, plastic trim, tires, ball joints and interior work.

Have video of it running this week.

Comment

Originally posted by bmWes View Post
          a little pricey but I'm wondering how low he will go. Was hoping for 4k maybe even a little lower. going to check it out this weekend. pretty sparse list ad so I will have to ask him more about it when I see him. what do yall think?

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sf...597507484.html
          I’m way over on the east coast so.....

I think you could do better with 4K if you can search for a few months. This car needs a dash, a/c, and likely suspension refresh, and exhaust. If you’re willing to spend $2grand to bring the car where you probably want then just wait and find a $5-6k car that is well put together. Depends what you’re looking for, a project or a driver.
          My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
          I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

Nice blau convertible with a hardtop... https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/c...600817278.html

Comment

^pretty sure this is the same car from 5 months ago.

sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                ^pretty sure this is the same car from 5 months ago.

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=419111
                No, that one was with tan interior and automatic transmission.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty.Piranha View Post
                  Could be decent for someone trying to get into 2002 roundie

1971 BMW Classic car 2002 Model - $8600 (La Jolla)

Thoughts on this one? Seems like a helluva steal!

1969 BMW 2002 - $5000

Runs ok but could use some TLC, wish i could spend more time as intended but decided to part ways. Recently added new bushing kit, Ohlin rear dampers, new fuel filter, oil filter, spark plugs. Interior needs work to be in good condition. I have most of the chrome molding for the exterior thats not show in the pics, the bumper, and grill which is removed in the pics. Other extras include a vintage Nardi Steering wheel, original hubcaps, and a bunch of misc parts. Come see in person. Yes it has the montana license plate but car is located here in colonial park. Original color is blue.

*added more pics as requested of the common rust spots. Light rust spots shown under the car at the jacking points.
                  R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
                  └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
                    Thoughts on this one? Seems like a helluva steal!

1969 BMW 2002 - $5000

Runs ok but could use some TLC, wish i could spend more time as intended but decided to part ways. Recently added new bushing kit, Ohlin rear dampers, new fuel filter, oil filter, spark plugs. Interior needs work to be in good condition. I have most of the chrome molding for the exterior thats not show in the pics, the bumper, and grill which is removed in the pics. Other extras include a vintage Nardi Steering wheel, original hubcaps, and a bunch of misc parts. Come see in person. Yes it has the montana license plate but car is located here in colonial park. Original color is blue.

*added more pics as requested of the common rust spots. Light rust spots shown under the car at the jacking points.
                    Looks like a great little car – tempting!
                    Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
                    1992 325ic white, stock with a 5-speed swap
                    Palm Beach County

Comment

1988 BMW E30 M3 - $28000 (Northwest Valley)

Yes, the country's cheapest running M3 is back, baby! Running, you ask? Yes, running! It was previously being sold as a non-running project but many of you wanted to see it run. So, a weekend's of work and it runs! Oh, you want proof? Proof you will get!

Walkaround video (ignore audio commentary): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pffcPeN-LE

Walkaround video 2 (again, ignore commentary): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPkkijzxGf0

I have a couple of other video links I can send if you're interested.

So, it now runs. However, unfortunately, it still needs to go.

Now, before we get into the story, let's go over some basics. Last time it was posted for a day and a half before being flagged and my inbox was full. That was enough to pick through the dreamers and time-wasters and show it to a couple of people. One individual is currently interested at asking, but is unable to pick up the car until mid/late June. Unless you're interested in picking the car up AT ASKING in the next few days, I will sell the car to him.

Please contact me only if you're serious. I'm not interested in trades. Please don't tell me you have a truck and trailer ready to go, agree on an arrival time, then stop responding to calls/texts. That just screws everything up for everyone. So don't do that, thnx!

Anyway, the story:

The car was purchased from Colorado about 7 years ago. The previous owner was an M3 collector who bought the car in Virginia (where the car was originally sold) in 2010 and had it shipped to him. He was a stickler for his cars having history and was promised a folder of records by the seller which did not arrive with the car. Upset, he fell out of love with the car and it sat, being used sparingly.

At some point, at about 155ish-157ish k miles during the Colorado owner's ownership, the gauge cluster died and was replaced with one he had in his parts stash which had about 5k miles on it. When I bought the car, the cluster read in about 6,800 miles and I've put about 1k on it since my ownership (as you can see, I've really had no time for it). The cluster now reads 7,800 or so. It thus has about 165k on it currently, but is obviously marked as True Mileage Unknown at the CA DMV due to the cluster swap. I have some old CarFax and Autocheck reports I've saved that I can send to interested parties.

I had the car shipped to CA, did a couple of auto-x events, drove it around a bit on weekends and then got busy with life. It ended up being one of two cars I've had sitting for several years now that I've really done nothing with.

Issues:

* Paintwork

When it came to me, the car's rear quarter panel had the very beginnings of peeling clearcoat. It has become progressively worse since I've taken possession (again, my fault, as I just haven't had the time to deal with it). The paint, although it used to shine up decently, now needs serious help.

Rust:

All of the rust was present when I got the car and none of it has gotten any worse. There is 1) a hole in the battery box, 2) a small rust area near the rear jack point (jack point still functions), 3) a surface rust spot at the corner of the rear quarter and under the passenger rear side window, and 4) a weird spot of rust on the floor of the interior door frame (passenger side, pics attached). Again, in the near-decade I have owned it, the rust has just remained steady (obviously a benefit of the car leaving the terrible Virginia and Colorado climates).

I should also note that everyone who has seen the car so far has said that I've either described the car perfectly or blew the rust out of proportion. Take that with a grain of salt, obviously, but these have been the comments made over the last couple of weeks.

*Engine:

When this was posted previously, the car was not running due to crappy gas. As you can see from the vids, last weekend, we gave it a tune up, cleaned the injectors, replaced a fuel filter, got it running and it ran great for several hours (video above). Unfortunately, while some 91 and octane booster was added, the tank was not flushed, as we ran out of time. After it was garaged for a week, we started it and it ran, but it missed at idle a bit. It evens out and runs fine under load, so the gas tank still needs to be drained. But hey, it runs!

*Brakes:

We bled the front brakes and they're working great now (shoutout to Julien!). The rear brakes still need to be bled and the calipers likely need a rebuild. Again, the rebuild kit has been purchased but I have not had the time to do it. You will get the rebuild kit for both rear calipers with the car.

*Wheels/Tires:

The Toyo Proxes are old date-code wise. They should be replaced. The car can also come with OEM wheels on equally-old tires.

*Interior:

The dash is cracked. The driver's seat leather is worn. The center seams on the rear seatback has split.

* Mods:

The car comes with Racing Dynamics 16x7 wheels and an Autopower Race rollbar with diagonal and harness mount.

For an additional $2k (obo), various modifications can be included with the car (e-mail me for a list) as well as OEM wheels.

* Weird issues:
                      - The dash VIN plate cracked off prior to my purchase. It's in the glove compartment. All VINs match (including the various stickers around the car) and it passed a CHP VIN inspection

The attached photos show it as it is now (first 5 or so), and as it looked when I was using it. The last photo is of the rusty area inside the door frame which, again, has not grown and seems larger in the photos than it appears (about the size of a nickel currently).

Again, please only contact me if you are serious. The description is quite detailed, there are pics and links to video. I think I've covered any and all questions that can possibly be asked. The California title is in my name.

Please be nice and don't flag.
                      do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

Comment

1992 e30 mtechnic 2 cabrio - $6000 (Los Angeles)

With a heavy heart i have to let this car go. It was a show worthy e30 that was involved in front passenger side collision. I straightened it out best i could but need cash for others more important things. Car needs some more work and it could go back to former self... Or use it to build your own mtech2 cabrio. The side pods and rear bumper are worth $$$ you already know that. Its a LOW milage example. Make me an offer. It still has clean title. Its not running will neef tune up and battery. I have a 5 speed trans and pedals that are also for sale.

Comment

I like how big the pictures are and how well-documented the accident damage is.
                          1990 325i/4/5, 1992 240SX, 1995 RRC, 1998 M3/4/5

Comment

^I don't see 6k there. show car...lol. those seats..... :(

yes, the m tech parts cost a buck or two, but so does that missing front bumper and valance.
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

That's crazy that an M3 needing so much work is still selling for big money. Seems like way nicer examples are selling on BAT for 30K.

Also, here's some gold from that red 2002 ad above- peak a boo

2002 by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
                              1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                              1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

No way this owner isn't on here. Reveal thyself!

BMW E30 MTECH 2 - $15000 (Burbank)

E46t

Comment

Working...
                                X