MPG on your e30?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • long tall eta
    replied
    my eta with 3.25 lsd and a chip and 400,000 on the clock still gets 29+ on the highway and 24 in the city.

    Leave a comment:


  • TimKninja
    replied
    Back when my car was an M20b25 I would consistently get 25MPG no matter how hard I romped on it .

    Now with the s50 I can only get 22MPG mostly highway . I got 25 on the way to H20. Doesn't matter what I do. Changed out the diff to a 2.93. Same mpg . Put a new 02 sensor in , wasn't running one at all, same MPG. Ran a hotter thermostat so it would actually sit at operating temp. Same MPG. No vacuum leaks. Think it might be the racing dynamics chip from 1997. :/

    Leave a comment:


  • blunttech
    replied
    Originally posted by mrcheezle19
    I hit 30 while doing only highway with my turbo m52. Around town with a little highway I hit 19, but it's hard to keep my foot out of it obviously lol.
    same... 31MPG M52 turbo on highway driving conservatively.
    1/2 a tank an hour driving like it should be driven

    Leave a comment:


  • Chessmaster
    replied
    Ehh I drive a bit aggressive, usully about 23mpg 40/60 mixed driving. And about 27 hwy at ~80 mph. M20 318is with 5sp/4.10 diff and m30 afm, 19lbs injectors, ebay chip and catless exhaust.

    Vert gets 26 hwy@ 70mph with top down and screen up. Autotragic, 3.73 diff, and 19lbs injectors and ebay chip.
    Last edited by Chessmaster; 12-25-2013, 05:29 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • lukeADE335i
    replied
    M30B35 manual e30 with 3.73 diff.

    City: 13L / 100km (18mpgUS)
    Highway:??? ... only recently fixed my odometer gears and began tracking mileage.

    Strangely, the city mileage is slightly better than when my car was a 2.0L M20 automatic!

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimmer_man
    replied
    With my old eta i got about 20 city 27 freeway.

    Leave a comment:


  • F34R
    replied
    I got 25-27mpg in my m30b35 with a 2.93lsd going to Gfest '13. I went to a 3.25lsd and I am not too sure. Roughly mid 20s is my best guess. But I did not build it to get mpg, I am lucky to get 15mpg haha.

    Leave a comment:


  • serdar255
    replied
    Im scared to calculate mine. The 4.10 diff and a light weight flywheel make it intoxicating, I cant keep my foot out of it.

    Forgot to mention its a 325i basically stock m20 just chipped.

    Leave a comment:


  • BMWManiac
    replied
    With my stock M20, mostly highway, I was getting maybe 23.....I don't know how you all getting 27+ on a m20...driving 65 mph?

    Leave a comment:


  • ELVA164
    replied
    I thought turbos helped fuel economy! All they seem to do on E30s is trade it for one of these > :D



    Leave a comment:


  • MR E30 325is
    replied
    I was able to hit 34.0 MPG on a road trip once.

    Around 30 highway only is commonplace.

    Around town is far less, usually 19ish, due to a heavy foot and a desire to enjoy my built E30 to the fullest.

    Leave a comment:


  • enigmaticdream
    replied
    On the 325 - 4.10, chipped, cammed. I'm getting around 21mpg city and probably 24-26 highway.

    M3 - 17mpg or less city and 26 highway? I beat the shit out of it driving around the city.

    Leave a comment:


  • TheTacoMan
    replied
    When i had a stock auto seta with a 2.93 i was getting 30-33 Freeway, thats now 21ish with a turbo.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrcheezle19
    replied
    I hit 30 while doing only highway with my turbo m52. Around town with a little highway I hit 19, but it's hard to keep my foot out of it obviously lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • ELVA164
    replied
    So as an update, I've stopped trying to hard to hypermedia because it's worth it to have fun when I drive. My average now floats between 25 and 28mpg combined.

    Leave a comment:

Working...