MPG on your e30?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • future rs
    replied
    Originally posted by lambo
    I go to school down in Cruces... :\
    Eh i'm sure it has its ups.

    Ill be down there in october for the black keys concert. We will see how the e30 does.

    Leave a comment:


  • dirtrider372
    replied
    With my bone stock m20 I get mid 20's on the highway and around town I get about 20 sometimes a bit lower depending on my driving..

    Leave a comment:


  • lambo
    replied
    Originally posted by future rs
    I see. Las Cruces sucks in general. You travel through NM often? I am in ABQ.
    I go to school down in Cruces... :\

    Leave a comment:


  • MR E30 325is
    replied
    Originally posted by R3Z3N
    Are you measuring with the OBC? I find 30mpg hard to believe.


    Car in sig, along with MPG stats:
    Nah I use mathmatics to divide the number of miles I drove by the amount of gas (in gallons) it took to refill the car back up to the top.

    The 30 plus mpg refers only to the numerous trips I drove from PHX to San Diego. My cruising around town is much worse.

    I see your S52 is in the 21 mpg range. If this is a mixture of highway and city driving then you arent doing too bad. If that is purely highway, I would suggest you have it looked at.

    Leave a comment:


  • dnguyen1963
    replied
    Originally posted by nando
    Currently 18mpg. My average speed? 25mph. :(
    Pretty good speed for your city...been out there once and could only avg about 15 mph on a rental.

    Leave a comment:


  • csermonet47
    replied
    A bit over 25mpg highway with the M30. I think the highest I got with the M20 was 27mpg highway.
    Last edited by csermonet47; 09-05-2012, 12:14 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • future rs
    replied
    Originally posted by lambo
    Because Las Cruces has shitty stop lights that don't understand traffic flow whatsoever. So I get stuck at every light which equals idling and acceleration. Whereas, where I live in Colorado the roads are much more open, speeds are higher (easy cruise in 5th) and the lights are programmed intelligently.
    I see. Las Cruces sucks in general. You travel through NM often? I am in ABQ.

    Leave a comment:


  • slaterd
    replied
    1988 SETA 325e 5spd with trunk completely empty and just me in it I'm pushing 35+mpg. My route is completely flat and all highway. I've noticed my car LOVES between 65-70mph. Usually at those speeds at a flat straight it sits at the 40mpg mark.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick_S
    replied
    My odometer hasn't worked since I bought it and I really don't care to fix it. So based off my rough calculations and GPS tracking on a few longer trips, I was getting around 32mpg. M42, TMS chip and exhaust. With bikes on the roof it drops to around 28mpg.

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    Currently 18mpg. My average speed? 25mph. :(

    Leave a comment:


  • squidmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by ohthejosh
    86 325e 400k+ 30-33mpg highway

    Full tank would usually last me 1-1.5weeks on a 60mile daily drive.
    400k+ and still 30+mpg nice

    Leave a comment:


  • Click
    replied
    Don't have a working odo but when I went to Gfest this year I gassed up and reset the odo on my gps and was almost entirely highway on the way out . I stopped at one specific liqour store NW of philly on the way back, which was a mistake since they didn't have what I wanted and I ended up on some really lousey stop and go jersey traffic. I did get 27.3 mpg though. I would estimate 30+ if complete highway. My city is garbage though, idk what it is but I think its mid-high teens. I was told by a guy in my caravan down to bimmerfest that black smoke comes out when I hammer it so I am running on the rich side. I've never noticed it from the driver's seat so it cant be that rich. Maybe a new o2 sensor is in order...

    Edit: Car is 325i w/5MT + S3.73

    Leave a comment:


  • ohthejosh
    replied
    86 325e 400k+ 30-33mpg highway

    Full tank would usually last me 1-1.5weeks on a 60mile daily drive.

    Leave a comment:


  • stamar
    replied
    my record is 28 on s trip I was shooting for 30 on.

    89 m20 ac delete

    my gas guage isnt even working anymore but I just have a butt o meter feeling it doesnt get that anymore.

    needs something tuned
    Last edited by stamar; 09-05-2012, 04:56 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wishno87
    replied
    20-25 city
    30-33 highway

    Leave a comment:

Working...