MPG on your e30?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • RocketJohn
    replied
    23ish in mixed driving... iX 5 speed, stock ECU, intake, exhaust

    Leave a comment:


  • matthugie
    replied
    I got gas today, 206 miles on 11.1 gallons for 18.55 MPG.

    Leave a comment:


  • jswest69
    replied
    23.8 this weekend on a 300 mile trip through Chinook pass and back. 4.10 gears, Dinan, cold air, and NOS. Used to get about 28 on the same trip when it had 2.73's in it. Oh, and I have oversize tires... That may screw things up also.

    Leave a comment:


  • lambo
    replied
    Based on the trip meter and how much I fill up, around 24-26

    Probably not all that accurate with 205/45r16's

    Leave a comment:


  • M42Power
    replied
    M42 with 3.64 diff.

    Around 25 in town and can easily get down to 36/33 mpg on the open road.

    Usually get 30 if cruising at 90 mph on the highway

    Leave a comment:


  • econti
    replied
    M42, unknown chip and full customexhaust + headers
    On the highway on the way home from buying the car, 7L/100km which is ~34mpg
    That's with driving hard, and it being at close to 4000rpm

    Around town, no idea, probably 9 or 10 L/100km, which is around 25mpg

    Leave a comment:


  • whitebulat22
    replied
    86 325es, about 150k miles got 27 average based on GPS odometer. This included city driving, donuts, highway and stalling all in about equal doses. I plan to save fuel by buying a louder exhaust, because I literally cannot hear my car running and it's leading to constant stalling.

    Leave a comment:


  • n3rdy30
    replied
    bone stock m50, got 29.8 this last weekend going to the vintage and back

    Leave a comment:


  • 88SuperETABD
    replied
    25.5 mpg on my trip from SJ to Pasadena for bimmerfest.

    I get about 19 average (Mainly streets) around town cuz i drive like a dick.

    but i got 307k miles.

    Leave a comment:


  • squidmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick_S
    M50NV swap, stock 402 DME. Mostly all in town, not easy on the gas. I have been averaging 20-22mpg. Haven't done in any long distance all highway trips but my E34 wagon gets 25-28mpg highway. I suspect I'll be close to 30.
    I can help a little with mpg! Let me know if you're interested.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick_S
    replied
    M50NV swap, stock 402 DME. Mostly all in town, not easy on the gas. I have been averaging 20-22mpg. Haven't done in any long distance all highway trips but my E34 wagon gets 25-28mpg highway. I suspect I'll be close to 30.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jackhdmn
    replied
    Stock eta. 23mpg


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • DER E30
    replied
    Just got 30 mostly freeway.

    Leave a comment:


  • JinormusJ
    replied
    325iS; stock ECU, stock engine.

    19 streets
    25 highway
    29 roadtrip

    I'll get about 340ish a tank driving till about .5 gallons left (usually when the OBC reads 13 or 9 mile range; rarely let it drop til "----")
    I'll hit well into 400s on a road trip though; usually average around 440-450 hypermiling

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    yeah, they changed the testing methodology. it's apples/oranges - they updated all the numbers for older cars but they didn't re-test them with the new method. they basically just cut 20% off their fuel economy stats which makes the newer cars look better in comparison than they really are.

    the official numbers are a little BS anyway, the tests are well known by the manufacturers so they design the car to pass the tests with the best fuel economy stats possible. technically they aren't supposed to cheat but with the level of computing power cars have now it's more and more sophisticated. sort of like swapping back in your cat and putting in a fuel additive to pass a smog test.

    Leave a comment:

Working...