Do any of guys use driving gloves

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • UlrichFennec
    replied
    You'll look like a tool for wearing driving gloves like that in a relatively modern 90's BMW.

    Now if it were a 507, by all means. An E30? Lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • J.Rizo
    replied
    I feel like its excessive for a daily driver. I was going to get gloves since my new wheel is suede but I figured by the time my skins oils actually ruin the wheel over time it'll be time to switch it up anyways.

    if you're wearing them during a canyon run/track day to make sure you have the best grip possible, makes sense.

    because thick gloves to stay warm are not driving gloves, and driving gloves do not keep you warm, so thats a different story.

    all just personal preference though.

    Leave a comment:


  • TobyB
    replied
    They're nice if your heater doesn't work.

    You can use a watch like that as a beercan holder, too- keeps the beer nice and close.

    t

    Leave a comment:


  • aegul44
    replied
    Originally posted by jhaurimn
    I have an 370mm mtech 2 alcantara steering wheel and an evo3 alcantara shift knob in my m3. I wear gloves when driving it for that reason.

    Would I ever wear gloves if it was all leather? No.
    I feel ya bra. :) I used to have alcantara steering wheel in my previous car. Alcantara = too much sweat. Thats why I am getting my mtech1 steering wheel in leather this time.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kershaw
    replied
    Yeah, usually. Actually this past Sunday I actually went with her to get the groceries, riding passenger in her civic.

    as I said, LIKE A REAL MAN.

    :-P

    Leave a comment:


  • TimeMachinE30
    replied
    Originally posted by Kershaw
    If you're not driving 10/10 everywhere, then of course you don't need seat belts, driving gloves, helmet, hans device, fire suppression, and suit.

    But I get my groceries like a real man.

    Tell the wife?

    Leave a comment:


  • jhaurimn
    replied
    I have an 370mm mtech 2 alcantara steering wheel and an evo3 alcantara shift knob in my m3. I wear gloves when driving it for that reason.

    Would I ever wear gloves if it was all leather? No.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kershaw
    replied
    Originally posted by ST1G
    So, not very important.
    If you're not driving 10/10 everywhere, then of course you don't need seat belts, driving gloves, helmet, hans device, fire suppression, and suit.

    But I get my groceries like a real man.

    Leave a comment:


  • BobombETA
    replied
    It's 7* F where I am right now... a pair of gloves is pretty handy :)

    Bur srsly, it depends on the vehicle. If you're driving an old Triumph TR6 and you're doing your best Dennis Gage impression, then it makes sense.

    An e30 is kind of borderline IMO.

    Leave a comment:


  • ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Originally posted by Blake B
    If you're just going to work/running errands etc and I pull up next to you with driving gloves on, yes, I will laugh at you.

    Now if you're going to an autocross/track day or you can just like (safely) go beast mode on a very long curvy stretch of road, maybe..

    I don't even wear them at track days, only for racing as required. I tend to giggle at the beginner groupies walking up to registration not only with their driving gloves, but at times full race suits!

    Leave a comment:


  • ST1G
    replied
    Originally posted by Kershaw
    They are like seat belts.
    So, not very important.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kershaw
    replied
    They are like seat belts.

    Leave a comment:


  • Blake B
    replied
    If you're just going to work/running errands etc and I pull up next to you with driving gloves on, yes, I will laugh at you.

    Now if you're going to an autocross/track day or you can just like (safely) go beast mode on a very long curvy stretch of road, maybe..

    Leave a comment:


  • The München Monster
    replied
    Driving gloves, your opinion?

    I know there is already a thread about driving gloves, asking others what kind they wear. But I wanted a thread to gauge the general opinion towards them. I have a BMW pair like this:
    (Not my photo)
    Aaaand go.

    Leave a comment:


  • BLACKCHARM88
    replied
    Originally posted by EREKSHUN
    Hahahaha more like "Fuck the Police"

    Well its those two or "We can't stop" Miley Cyrus, your choice... Don't forget to rock the middle finger.

    Leave a comment:

Working...