should i do this trade...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should i do this trade...

a gentleman has expressed interest in my dakar yellow e36 m3, and has offered a 1973 datsun 240z with a 2.8 and 5 speed swap. 80k on body, no rust, red interior. have not seen it in person, it's in pittsburgh pa and im in rochester ny.

what would you value his car at? i've heard figures from 6k-12k from fellow car enthusiasts, and of course its really worth whatever someones willing to pay. i am looking hard for an e30 to trade for (plus cash on the e30), but this is surely tempting. im not a japanese car fan usually, but a few models tickle my fancy. this is one!

Originally posted by blunt
    i called my 17 yo paperboy "sugartits" in a christmas card 3 years ago. he never came back and im not joking.

dont do it...parts r hard to find for these...

Comment

If you want a bad ass older Japanese car that will be more fun than any E36 or E30, I'd go for this one.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
        If you want a bad ass older Japanese car that will be more fun than any E36 or E30, I'd go for this one.
        http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-MR2-m...US_Cars_Trucks
        They are not as hot as you think, Id rather have an FC Rx-7 Turbo, and when the Rotary eventually espolodes, swap an SR20 in there.
        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
        willschnitz

Comment

interesting. i see this as a leisure car. do you have another car?

Comment

Originally posted by GT BMW E30 View Post
            interesting. i see this as a leisure car. do you have another car?
            Yeah as long as this wouldn't be your DD I would do it an instant
            87 'vert~~~~~~~89 s50~~~~~~~~~91 318i~~~~~~~~87 s50~~~~~~~~~R.I.P. '91 318i

I Need used SIR tools

Comment

Cool, but not much space for hoes in that datsun
              318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
              '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

I'd say it's on the lower end of that price range. Definitely not 12k with an L28 swap.

The paint looks pretty good in the pics, who knows what it looks like in person. It has a dash half-cap, and looks like it needs new weather stripping. I don't see any brake upgrades, and I'm guessing the rear end is stock. Ask him if it was a west coast car, and when he got it. If it wasn't a west coast car, I'd be surprised if it has absolutely no rust.

Overall, it doesn't seem to have any upgrades besides the L28/5spd. It only has value as a nice driver, so I'd probably put it at $5-7k if it's as clean as it looks.
                Last edited by rturbo 930; 10-28-2013, 09:05 PM.

Comment

I want that Datsun sooooooo bad!

Comment

its nice and all but nah, its on some ghey multi lug wheels. meh

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                    Ig:ryno_pzk
                    I like the tuna here.
                    Originally posted by lambo
                    Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
                      its nice and all but nah, its on some ghey multi lug wheels. meh

Oh I agree, the wheels would go directly in the trash heap along with the red vinyl. I just want a clean 240z chassis and I love that color.

Comment

I would do that trade in an instant, although I absolutely love Datsuns.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                          They are not as hot as you think
                          A stock 4AGE isn't all that fast but the AW11 is one of the most pure, go kart like chassis I have ever driven. Even in stock form it feels a hell of a lot more solid through turns than S13's, FC RX7's, E30's, AE86's, etc.

On topic; The Datsun looks pretty awesome, would sound great and be a blast to drive, but an E36 M3 is probably still better.
                          Last edited by Hooffenstein HD; 10-29-2013, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                            They are not as hot as you think, Id rather have an FC Rx-7 Turbo, and when the Rotary eventually espolodes, swap an LS1 in there.
                            Fix'd.

And OP, Do Not Want. I don't get the Datsun love. Plus, rust bucket.
                            Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                            Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                            Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Dakar Yellow is the best e36 m3 color IMO so for me personally I'd keep it. Parts are easier to come by than for Datsuns for one, and I think as cool as that Datsun is, your e36 is worth more and performs better overall
                              '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                              '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
                              '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
                              '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Working...
                              X