Availability of E30s in three years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Availability of E30s in three years?

Hey guys! My first post here. Currently, I own a 2008 E92 328xi. I was just wondering, I'm probably going to be looking into an E30 in about three years time as a weekend car, and wanted to know what availability of a good condition E30 would be in that time? I know its hard to predict, but I heard they're getting more and more rare, as well as their price is going up each year that goes by?

I'll take next weeks loto numbers please

Comment

They will be around. They made millions of them, and most of them are just normal cars.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by rcsoundn1 View Post
        I'll take next weeks loto numbers please
        Yeah, I know, it can't really be predicted. I just was curious about people's perceptions based on what I've heard from others.

Originally posted by nando View Post
        They will be around. They made millions of them, and most of them are just normal cars.
        Thats good to hear then. I'll have a chance to own an E30 one day!

Comment

Special models will be harder to come by, but normal 318 and 325 cars will be around until the end of time
          Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
          A Topless Memorandum

Comment

I have not kept up with e30's as much since I own one but I can tell you the amount and quality of e36 M3's has certainly changed it was hard to find a manual sedan before now Im starting to doubt they even existed
            1989 BMW 325is Lachsilber metallic 5 speed
            2007 BMW 335i KARMESINROT 6 Speed manual
            2011 BMW X5 35I

Comment

Originally posted by Kevinl View Post
              I have not kept up with e30's as much since I own one but I can tell you the amount and quality of e36 M3's has certainly changed it was hard to find a manual sedan before now Im starting to doubt they even existed
              There are 16 E36 M3's for sale, right now, on my local craigslist. 16.

Want me to send you one?
              Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
              A Topless Memorandum

Comment

From my almost daily searches on CL e30s are harder to come by than e36's and e46's, but as long as you have a decent budget and willing to drive about 3 hours you should have no problem finding them. I've always found some good ones in New Jersey.
                My Garage
                2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

It depends on the region. West and East coast will have plenty to choose from. Other regions will be tough to find decent ones. I lived in Madison, WI for 15 yrs and beside my car I came across only two other E30s. I live in Indiana now and I have seen only one other E30.

Comment

If you have patience and are willing to travel a little bit for a rust free car, you will have no problem finding whatever you want. Plenty of E30s from DC to Florida.
                    1992 325i Cabrio
                    1988 320i Touring
                    2000 M5
                    1977 530i
                    2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
                    BMWCCA
                    E30CCA

Comment

While we are at it will someone please tell me what the price of a barrel of oil will be in 3 years
                      Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                      Alice the Time Capsule
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                      87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Thanks! I'd be willing to travel a bit to find one, so that won't be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
                          While we are at it will someone please tell me what the price of a barrel of oil will be in 3 years
                          $47.00 :p
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I'll probably own all of them by then.

Comment

You're planning a ~$3000 purchase 3 years in advance?

That's a pretty tight control on your finances you've got there.
                              AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
                              X